[Character] Webber the Spider-man-thingy [WIP]

Alright!!!

I realize webber is now being made and stuff hip hooray whatever.

I kinda ended up losing my internet(literally) and then ended up working on some graphics for my webber character that turned out horrible.

The real Webber is implemented or will soon be implemented, from what I've learned, but I have an idea.

I tried getting a modified spiderhat working, and I will seek help for that, if people want to see me finish this.

On another not, someone added graphics and posted this mod on the Steam Workshop WITHOUT MY PERMISSION. I forbid any posting of this mod anywhere until I say so. I have allowed the mod stealer to give me credit and keep it up or else remove it.

Current features:

150 health(man sized spiderness FTW)

150 sanity

250 hunger

spawns with spiderhat.

Spiders will not naturally aggro on him without a spiderhat.

Planned features:

1. Webber is carnivorous. He can also eat monster meat with no sanity penalty.

2. Spawns with infinite spiderhat, to command his minions at a whim.

3. Night vision(along with no sanity drain from complete darkness.)

4. Slowly loses sanity during the day

5. Better quality art

6. Can run on webs.

7. Most strings will be written by SilentDarkness1

Things to fix:

Make evil flowers not lower sanity

Make warrior spiders nicer

See what is wrong with aggro and whatnot

improve graphics?

add the strings SilentDarkness wrote

work on finishing the strings

add custom sound

Anyway, there should be a poll for the character's personality or something with this post.

EDIT2: Alright, updated ideas that were contributed by some of you, will begin work on the quote lines and stuff. 

EDIT5:Ugh, one feature implemented, 4 more to go!

EDIT6: Another resurrection--james bond style!

Currently, a prototype is waiting to be finished, as soon as I fix the stupid hat and take some other input from the steam workshop where the mod stealer put up my mod.

I've looked forward to playing as Webber ever since I bought Don't Starve during the TF2 promotional crossover, so hearing that you're making this mod makes me real happy.

Sleeping through the day seems like a sufficient downside, but if you find you need another one I'd suggest adding an insanity aura to things Spiders are naturally aggressive to (Tallbirds, Bunnymen, Pigmen, etc.) at maybe -25/m as a way to balance out his immunity to darkness and Charlie. Just my opinion.

I've looked forward to playing as Webber ever since I bought Don't Starve during the TF2 promotional crossover, so hearing that you're making this mod makes me real happy.

Sleeping through the day seems like a sufficient downside, but if you find you need another one I'd suggest adding an insanity aura to things Spiders are naturally aggressive to (Tallbirds, Bunnymen, Pigmen, etc.) at maybe -25/m as a way to balance out his immunity to darkness and Charlie. Just my opinion.

I was thinking of a sanity drain from some things(bunnymen, , merms, mosquitoes,spiders)

Pigman sanity drain seems counterintuitive, as you sleep through the day, it's highly unlikely you'll find some out.

Take away the  sleeping during day thing because I think it would be too unbalanced. Just change it so that you CAN sleep through day with a sleeping item (straw roll, tent, fur roll, etc.). A few additional suggestions:

125 Health (he's a man sized spider, comeon...)

Can walk on webs (@Dxtr)

Should still fight with spider queen if spider queen comes out

Cannot befriend pigs or bunnies. Both will remain neutral.

Gets hungry 15% faster

Sanity drain from trading with pig king

Just my 2 cents.

I think he should have some mild sanity drop in the day but not have to sleep through it and I agree about the spider queen still being hostile.

I feel like the unbreakable spider hat would make sense given the items such as willows lighter etc, but it would probably want to have no sanity penalty or at least a smaller one to make it worth while. 

Also if possible maybe he could have a tent that is re-skinned to look like a spider den.

Perhaps if possible he could be able to befriend merms and not pigs.

Also perhaps an alternative sanity regaining method to picking flowers or just removal of that mechanic for this character.

Hope you like my suggestions :p

I think he should have some mild sanity drop in the day but not have to sleep through it and I agree about the spider queen still being hostile.

I feel like the unbreakable spider hat would make sense given the items such as willows lighter etc, but it would probably want to have no sanity penalty or at least a smaller one to make it worth while. 

Also if possible maybe he could have a tent that is re-skinned to look like a spider den.

Perhaps if possible he could be able to befriend merms and not pigs.

Also perhaps an alternative sanity regaining method to picking flowers or just removal of that mechanic for this character.

Sanity drop during day-sounds nice, maybe I could remove the hunger penalty when sleeping through the day....

Definitely will not have a sanity penalty on the spiderhat.

A reskinned tent is still a tent....Why?

Merms hate spiders, and spiders hate merms. Plus, they are vegetarians. I might make bunnymen friend-able...some use for veggies.

I'll keep default sanity mechanics if he loses sanity during the day.

Take away the  sleeping during day thing because I think it would be too unbalanced. Just change it so that you CAN sleep through day with a sleeping item (straw roll, tent, fur roll, etc.). A few additional suggestions:

125 Health (he's a man sized spider, comeon...)

Can walk on webs (@Dxtr)

Should still fight with spider queen if spider queen comes out

Cannot befriend pigs or bunnies. Both will remain neutral.

Gets hungry 15% faster

Sanity drain from trading with pig king

Just my 2 cents.

1. Yup, will do.

2.Web thing may be tough to implement....but I'll see. Seems pointless though, as there won't be a threat when running on spider webs.

3. Who said the spider queen would be friendly?

4. No can't do, especially if I do the spiderhat thing.

5. With a horde of spiders possibly constantly following you, eating everything in sight, I think this is unnecessary.

6. Pig king could have bad sanity aura....

Alright, I got another effing predicament.

Since the atlas=0 file probably changed in some update, the webber texture file is half the size of  other texture files.

And, to top it all off, I have almost no idea where each part goes. 

I will attach the png files of the converted webber atlas and the template to see if anyone can help me out.

Can someone find an older atlas-0 template so I can reference and transpose it to the new one?

post-216777-0-00868000-1384731639_thumb.

post-216777-0-51379900-1384731739_thumb.

Alright, I got another effing predicament.

Since the atlas=0 file probably changed in some update, the webber texture file is half the size of  other texture files.

And, to top it all off, I have almost no idea where each part goes. 

I will attach the png files of the converted webber atlas and the template to see if anyone can help me out.

Can someone find an older atlas-0 template so I can reference and transpose it to the new one?

If you have a webber.zip file then there's no need to worry about that since it's already aligned perfectly. If you can't live with the thought that he's lower quality than the other characters the I think you'd have to redraw it  : P

If you have a webber.zip file then there's no need to worry about that since it's already aligned perfectly. If you can't live with the thought that he's lower quality than the other characters the I think you'd have to redraw it  : P

The webber.zip is several major updates behind, from beta. I have gone through hell and back to possibly fix the webber.zip file, and hopefully I will succeed. Also, I used magic to find an older wilson template, so I now know what part goes where. And who knows, maybe I will redraw it. I just have to get the art working first :p

Archived