[Character] Webber the Spider-man-thingy [WIP]

Can you please upload the webber.zip, I'd like to take a quick look at it later.

A beta is in the downloads section in the forums, but it doesn't work. The problem? Two of the textures aren't "to the power of 2" in dimensions. I am stuck, because the templates don't have the "power of 2" dimensions either....

EDIT: I think

A beta is in the downloads section in the forums, but it doesn't work. The problem? Two of the textures aren't "to the power of 2" in dimensions. I am stuck, because the templates don't have the "power of 2" dimensions either....

EDIT: I think

If you are on Windows you can do it the easiest by downloading Wilson HD and modifying that. Plus, if you are on Windows you can work with non power of two png files for the portraits and the Mod Tools handle the rest, worked for me.

If you are on Windows you can do it the easiest by downloading Wilson HD and modifying that. Plus, if you are on Windows you can work with non power of two png files for the portraits and the Mod Tools handle the rest, worked for me.

I figured that out, AFTER I resized everything to powers of 2 :p I fixed it, crash free for now, see downloads for latest version

Mind of I give out suggestions to the mod?

I do not mind, people have done that already and I haven't objected sooo...suggest away! Keep in mind that I am new to modding though, so I can't just add something with the wave of my hand. This is MY MOD, and I will make it as I see fit(with outside suggestions  that I agree on).

I do not mind, people have done that already and I haven't objected sooo...suggest away! Keep in mind that I am new to modding though, so I can't just add something with the wave of my hand. This is MY MOD, and I will make it as I see fit(with outside suggestions  that I agree on).

Alright fair enough.

Would it be possible to say make all types of spiders neutral to Webber? Not only that but if Webber feeds them depending on the quality of meat he can tag them along with him exactly like the pigs? Also I think Webber shouldn't have any negative sanity effect of being near spiders, in fact if he's tamed them and is near them he gets a small boost of sanity. I'm not really liking the spider queen the idea.

Now of course to make this balanced, Pigs and Bunnyman would automatically be hostile to him for being a spider (Ugh such xenophobes).

Alright fair enough.

Would it be possible to say make all types of spiders neutral to Webber? Not only that but if Webber feeds them depending on the quality of meat he can tag them along with him exactly like the pigs? Also I think Webber shouldn't have any negative sanity effect of being near spiders, in fact if he's tamed them and is near them he gets a small boost of sanity. I'm not really liking the spider queen the idea.

Now of course to make this balanced, Pigs and Bunnyman would automatically be hostile to him for being a spider (Ugh such xenophobes).

The neutral thing...That won't work. Spiders have a bigger problem than pigs when  it comes to eating meat, as they immediately nom all the meat dropped by anything that they just killed. So giving any meat to spiders only to get no meat out of it doesn't work, especially if the player is a carnivore. However, you inspired me to allow durians as the only vegetable/fruit edible by webber that can be grown.

The sanity drain from spiders was a slip, I was still planning out the mod when I said that. The sanity thing will be done, of course. And I know about the balancing thing, as pigs and spiders will hate him. However, I don't know if I should make everything else hostile to him(ie friendly clockworks). The spider queen thing...that will never be added, but a humorous string will be added.

The neutral thing...That won't work. Spiders have a bigger problem than pigs when  it comes to eating meat, as they immediately nom all the meat dropped by anything that they just killed. So giving any meat to spiders only to get no meat out of it doesn't work, especially if the player is a carnivore. However, you inspired me to allow durians as the only vegetable/fruit edible by webber that can be grown.

The sanity drain from spiders was a slip, I was still planning out the mod when I said that. The sanity thing will be done, of course. And I know about the balancing thing, as pigs and spiders will hate him. However, I don't know if I should make everything else hostile to him(ie friendly clockworks). The spider queen thing...that will never be added, but a humorous string will be added.

The spiders still would eat meat of the ground when tamed, similar to rock lobsters.

Alsos speaking of which Webber should be able to eat durians,he can eat every other food iema but anything that sin't meat will harm the player in health and drain a bit if sanity. And speaking of food. Since spiders are very hungry I'm thinking Webber should have  a very high metabolism(His hunger drains quicker like Wes and Wolfgang).

The spiders still would eat meat of the ground when tamed, similar to rock lobsters.

Alsos speaking of which Webber should be able to eat durians,he can eat every other food iema but anything that sin't meat will harm the player in health and drain a bit if sanity. And speaking of food. Since spiders are very hungry I'm thinking Webber should have  a very high metabolism(His hunger drains quicker like Wes and Wolfgang).

I know, but that's my point. Using meat to tame things that eat almost all meat dropped anyway is a bad idea. I was planning on making webber STRICTLY CARNIVOROUS for balancing i.e. he won't eat much else, maybe bugs, definitely durians.. If I recall, doesn't making him have different penalties for non-meats require a bit more coding?

Using meat to tame things that eat almost all meat dropped anyway is a bad idea. 

I completely disagree with this. That makes it require the player to actually choose whether having one more spider follower is worth skipping a meal. Balancing tradeoffs in your decisions is what Survival games is all about

I completely disagree with this. That makes it require the player to actually choose whether having one more spider follower is worth skipping a meal. Balancing tradeoffs in your decisions is what Survival games is all about

Then I'd rather have webber be fun but OP. And anyway, free followers is all fun and good-until you realize you can't just get rid of them.

Always feel free to make your own version of any mod, regardless if someone else has done it or not.  You'll learn from the experience and maybe your (even marginally) different vision might be exactly what some people would have preferred.  YOU preferred it that way after all.

Are you still working on your mod? If so, then could you please remove the sanity penalty when eating raw meat? As, you know, it's not very logical, that carnivorous creature loses sanity eating its usual meal.

Also, most of the real world spiders are canibals. Don't know, if it aplies to Webber, but I think he musn't have any penalty for eating monster meat as well. After all, his fellow spiders do eat it, and even restore their health that way.

I liked the idea of this and I was getting pretty far in the coding of my own version of this and my laptop died taking all my files with it.

I'm rebuilding from scratch.

I had used the wickus or wicked mod for a template and made it so that when starving the spider man turned into the white spider.   I'm working on a spider warrior template for when he's strong -ie full-

I'm wanting to make it to where if he eats monster meat he turns into the warrior, if he eats rocks into a cave spider... ect.

I figured out how to do the night vision, and a LOT of the things I wanted to do, and a few off your list.  The ones I'm struggling with is friends with the spiders/comanding spiders WITH OUT the spider hat.  And being able to run on spider webs.  That one is being tricky.

That third image.  I'm in the process of taking the cave bag mod and editing it to create a spider bag that'll be craftable from silk or a starting item, have 132 slots, be open and closable, and basically reskin and edit the recipie for the cave bag.  -has a few small issues-

I'm running nightmare edition and I know the black spider skin works.  I had a different, poorly rendered, white spider that I used before that I've taken today and replaced with this better version.  I'm happy to share here because if it wasn't for you with the altas maping you have done, I'd have been LOST.  Hopefully these ideas inspire and help out.  I'm working on a few other spider themed ideas that I'm formulating.

Feedback appreciated.

post-335205-0-59960600-1395132294_thumb.

post-335205-0-77820500-1395132301_thumb.

post-335205-0-06366700-1395132312.png

Archived