Hatch Wrangle to Burrowed in Midair

MrMania
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Fixed

Wrangling a hatch during the day-time has caused them to return to a "burrowed" stated when they should be struggling on top of the ground. This causes the "burrowed" mound to appear to be floating in mid-air. Once in this state, they cannot be picked up or moved by a duplicant. All pictured mounds are of normal, vanilla hatches. Restarting the game did not solve the issue.

Screenshot 2020-11-25 223240.png

Screenshot 2020-11-25 223211.png

Screenshot 2020-11-25 223145.png

Steps to Reproduce

I started this play-through before the cloud save update, and this was the first time I've tried wrangling on this save. I had just finished a 96 tile stable and was about to fill it. Every hatch was wrangled during the daytime by Ren with a husbandry skill of 5.

Here is a list of the mods I was using:

Show Industrial Machinery Tag

Wounded Go to Medbay

Drag Tool Area

Build Over Plants

Bigger Camera Zoomout

Buildable Natural Tile

Longer Bridges

Composter Outputs Fertilizer

Extra Marble Sculptures

Skill and Stats Progress

Queue for Sinks

Show Building Ranges

Claustrophobia - Stuck Duplicant Alert

Blueprints

Ranching Skill Increase

My theory would be that Ranching Skill Increase may have messed with the processing order, but I figured I put the problem here in case anyone else has had the same problem. I included the save file, and a save from a few cycles back to see if anyone could replicate.

Sewer.png

Sewer Cycle 73.png

Sewer.sav Sewer Cycle 73.sav

Player.log Player-prev.log

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

In my current playthrough about 8 out of my 10 hatches are producing this bug, currently running the vanilla game with no mods on it.  I encountered this earlier in the day and decided to start a new game file, but the issue persisted.  For me it doesn't matter when the hatch is wrangled, it seems like set hatches are just bugged.  I have tried multiple save points and grabbing hatches that were asleep, awake, burrowed, unburrowed, only on tiling, but the same ones seemed to always fail.  Also during the night time when they are trussed they constantly pop out from the ground and make the burrowing noise.  When they do pop up they have the 'emerging' status.  They also tend to teleport a bit until they get into the spot where they want to stay, and they seem to be able to burrow into tiles when trussed.  When having them selecting it never allows for an attempt to rewrangle them, so they seem to be forever stuck and bugged in the file.

Edited by KimiFoxtrot
  • Like 1

Share this comment

I'm having this same bug. I have no different conditions to report other than what others have already reported. I have also tried a new, vanilla game file with no mods, and the problem persists.

Share this comment

I got this bug today as well, so I assume it's pretty widespread and reproducible.

One thing to ask; did people use the "attack all" then cancel and wrangle to find burrowed hatches? I thought that might have been the source of the problem, but I was still able to wrangle a few of them.

• Like 1

Share this comment

3 hours ago, ignisphaseone said:

I got this bug today as well, so I assume it's pretty widespread and reproducible.

One thing to ask; did people use the "attack all" then cancel and wrangle to find burrowed hatches? I thought that might have been the source of the problem, but I was still able to wrangle a few of them.

That was not the case for me. I didn't attack any hatches. Just attempt to wrangle them when they were not burrowed..

Share this comment

I am having the same bug. Just wrangling a burrowed hatch is not possible. I should add that when it gets to night hatches start glitching and don't stop at one state either burrowed or wrangled(Burrow 27-1.sav wait until night time). The only way to get them wrangled is saving at night time and reloading (Burrow 27-2.sav)

Burrow 27-1.sav Burrow 27-2.sav

Share this comment

+1

Also got this today on a new playthrough. Plain vanilla version, no mods. wrangled hatches teleport like crazy, and float burrowed in mid air.

Happens on most of the hatches.

• Like 1

Share this comment

I'm experiencing this bug and would love a fix!  Nothing new to report except that I'm on Mac, have the game installed via Steam, and have placed the debug_enable.txt file.  I'm not using debug mode within this save, but perhaps just having it enabled could be contributing?

Share this comment

Yea I had a ticket about this too. I had to stop playing because it was just getting frustrating and I'm trying to do a playthrough to get every achievement. I hope they fix this soon so I can continue it since hatches are essential to it.

Share this comment

I wanted to try an achievement run before the DLC and ran into this problem. I then started a new game to see if this changes anything, but instead of being able to wrangle 5 hatches now I cant get any of the hatches into my ranch.  

I have the felling that there are more and more bugs in this game, and that is really unfortunate as it is a really good game. 

Share this comment

I have found 6 versions of this bug in separate bug reports, I wil post this same message to all the bug reports in question.

The first one reported (I think) was "Hatch Wrangle to Burrowed in Midair" 
https://forums.kleientertainment.com/klei-bug-tracker/oni/hatch-wrangle-to-burrowed-in-midair-r26766/

the others are:

"trussed hatch teleporting around"
https://forums.kleientertainment.com/klei-bug-tracker/oni/trussed-hatch-teleporting-around-r27125/

"Hatch wrangle glitch"
https://forums.kleientertainment.com/klei-bug-tracker/oni/hatch-wrangle-glitch-r26919/

"Hatch AI broken"
https://forums.kleientertainment.com/klei-bug-tracker/oni/hatch-ai-broken-r26895/

"Issue With Wrangling Hatches"
https://forums.kleientertainment.com/klei-bug-tracker/oni/issue-with-wrangling-hatches-r27371/

"Wrangled Hatches Bugged - Stuck Burrowing/Unborrowing and cannot be moved"
https://forums.kleientertainment.com/klei-bug-tracker/oni/wrangled-hatches-bugged-stuck-burrowingunborrowing-and-cannot-be-moved-r27367/

I suggest all reports should be combined under the first one. And everyone with this bug should at least follow that bug report. 

• Like 2

Share this comment

+1 I'm experiencing this bug in my current playthrough. Nothing more to add than that, can provide save data if it helps.

Edited by Carl0s_H
  • Like 1

Share this comment

I have the same bug too.  Some hatches can be wrangled normally, but most of them glitched.  So far I have not been able to figure out a reliable way to reproduce the bug or how to avoid it.

Share this comment

13 hours ago, Walkingdud said:

So far I have not been able to figure out a reliable way to reproduce the bug or how to avoid it.

Some one on the Steam forums posted a “fix” that has consistently worked for me. 
When a trussed hatch is doing the repeat burrowing thing, freeze the game while it is unburrowed. Save the game and quit to desktop. When you start the game again, the hatches all behave normally. 

• Like 1

Share this comment

The fix worked perfectly for me. After restarting the game all the hatches were tied up and stayed above ground. They were then relocated and dropped off normally.

Share this comment

anyone noticed that the rancher won't pick up some hatches after wrangling? like they are trusted but then the rancher doesn't have the task to go back and bring them to the stable? that is what I am currently experiencing now when I use the temp fix. my stables are not full either. Seems like its only with  "wild hatches"

Edited by thenerdyminded

Share this comment

On 12/11/2020 at 1:55 PM, timmy-t said:

Some one on the Steam forums posted a “fix” that has consistently worked for me. 
When a trussed hatch is doing the repeat burrowing thing, freeze the game while it is unburrowed. Save the game and quit to desktop. When you start the game again, the hatches all behave normally. 

This worked perfectly for me, thanks for posting!

On 12/13/2020 at 1:53 PM, thenerdyminded said:

anyone noticed that the rancher won't pick up some hatches after wrangling? like they are trusted but then the rancher doesn't have the task to go back and bring them to the stable? that is what I am currently experiencing now when I use the temp fix. my stables are not full either. Seems like its only with  "wild hatches"

Yes - I've seen this behavior.  It seems that the rancher will get other tasks between wrangling the hatch and bringing the hatch to the stable.  Sometimes it's wrangling another hatch if there are multiple in the queue but sometimes it's other random tasks.  I assume it's to do with the priority system but I'm not sure.  The rancher does seem to come back to pick up the hatches pretty soon, in my experience

Share this comment

I was able to dig up from underneath two hatches and relocate them. You cannot dig down to get the hatch as it will do the strange emerging/burrowing animation and become unreachable again. But if you dig up from below them, they appear trussed and mostly in the tile, but the duplicant is able to reach them.

Share this comment

I was having issues with all my hatches until I believe I found a fix.  I had 7 hatches that kept teleporting and floating in mid air.  What i did notice though is that they kept teleporting and moving towards my critter drop off until they reach a ledge.  What I did is set my critter drop off to max 9 and wrangled with a 5 level.  The rancher was able to truss the hatch and was able to move all 7 hatches with no problem.

Try setting your critter drop off to max and wrangle with a lower setting

Share this comment

I just started a new game, same problem. Wrangling a burrowed hatch is just not possible anymore: floating mid-air, keep burrowing in tile, all sort of strange things. 

Share this comment

Getting the similar issue, with some warping around of the hatch's, digging the ground to un burry them seems to just make them move and glitched farther in to the wall or kill them. This is on the latest Feb 19th DLC update.

image.png.b41b3461a6c60931d6dca1f2cd113472.pngimage.thumb.png.2464932c14fd1b17c509574e27797f95.pngimage.thumb.png.9b8a249bc9a6d42ed27f3c764dcd7544.png

Share this comment

I have found that digging a 2-tile high space under them (with a single tile between the hatch and the gap, and then replace the tile the hatch is on with a duplicant-built tile, will cause them to fall down and go into the correct animation, where they can be picked up and delivered to a critter drop-off.

Share this comment