All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Seriously though. Monkey Raids are not "Uncompromising". They're bulls***. The Moon Quey already has really good stuff to justify finding it. And expecting players to kill one of the worst bosses in the game just so they can keep bananas on-hand to bribe them off. The ocean as a whole is not nearly useful enough to justify such an incredibly punishing and poorly-designed mechanic. Again. I've complained a lot in the past. But Monkey Raids are the one thing I won't budge on. They are awful on every single conceivable metric. And there is no argument to be had. Also, I don't think that would be an issue. If nothing else, it's nowhere near as egregious as Winona's short showing Wagstaff getting sucked into the constant, but the intermission short showing how he's projecting himself in.
  3. Today
  4. About about if: A shadow hand appears when you get close, and holds you back with a single finger upon your forehead if you try to approach further, as Charlie laughs to herself at your helplessness.
  5. My only real concern here is toadstool not guaranteed loot on regular form. Wormwoods new moonshroom interaction made misery even worse. I hope they adress this. And crab king "solo" drops ofc. but then they would have to change shadow pieces drop also.
  6. Agree on both counts, I like most of the other aspects of the ocean so I hope they solve them For the former, having some of the rarer set-pieces spawn as random islands would be a neat way to make those rare one more accessible while making more diversions on the ocean. For the latter there is no easy fix, world gen would just need to be overhauled tbh.
  7. This is where you and I agree to disagree, because the way I have ALWAYS seen it, same way KLEI has seen it in character downsides and step learning process- is that the game needs to be more accessible and enjoyable to a wider variety of player skill levels. This is why the game has what some are calling “power creep” Woodie can optionally spec skills so he doesn’t enter instant starvation status or even transform during full moons anymore and that’s all because Klei wanted to make the characters easier to pick up play and enjoy without the added hassle of strong downsides. Its why Wolfgang’s can now be mighty even while fully starving, and Wendy can endlessly summon Abigail without needing to wait a flower bloom out time. My point is that the game is changing- And so should the skill threshold/Accessibility of its content. this means that NO I absolutely do NOT need to have fought Misery Toadstool or Enraged Klaus 500 times to have an opinion about them.
  8. klei can copy this. i don't mind. Removed freezing attack. crab king can't be frozen. crab king has a max of 9 gem slots now. pearl counts for 1. claws has 750 hp. fight starts with only 4 claws now. fighting with less than 9 of the same gems makes him drop nothing special, only strident trident. If fighting with pearl, drops the altar. (unchanged). you can now paddle around him to dodge geysers. while claws lock you, he won't use geyzer, but he has 80% damage resistance until the claws are killed. all 4 claws will now redirect to you when the fight starts. they will only target boats with players on it. 9 blue gems fight : drops a blueprint for ice wand. starts at 0%, can be refueled with water in a pond. can be placed on the ground and activated, throws snow around. automatically water plants. when equipped, each use freezes things in a tile range for 2 freeze points. on ground = 1% per second. on use = 10%. 3x living logs, 2x moon shards, 5x moon rocks, 1x blue gem. 9 red gems fight : drops a blueprint for fire wand. on equip, right click items to instantly burn them. Trees instantly turn into burned forms, good against toadstool. 30 uses. 2x living logs, 2x moon shards 2x red gems. 9 purple gems fight : drops a blueprint for Ocean Cane.(most basic one since everyone fights him with purple gems) +25% speed. Can walk on water. lasts 40 minutes while on water. If it expires you drown. 1.5 sanity/min. 1x Walking cane, 8x moon shards, 3x orange gems. 9 orange gems fight : drops a blueprint for layzer wand. fires a lazer in a cone area (like 4 tiles) ahead that chop trees, mine boulders etc.. Also dig stumps. 10 uses. 1x Living log, 4x moon shards, 1x purple gems. 9 yellow gems fight : drops a blueprint for Slowminating wand and Overheatingly head collar. calls the power of the moon. in a ranged circle, illuminates the ground for 5 minutes and shadow enemies inside get slowed for 25%. 1x living log, 4x moon shards, 1x yellow gems. 15 uses. restores 30 sanity on use. heats up the body and thermal stones and put fire on items and structures very close to player. Items in inventory spoil faster, expires in 16 minutes. +4sanity/min. 5x gold, 3x moon rock, 1x yellow gem. 9 green gems fight : drops a blueprint for Dishmantling wand and Plateforming head collar can deconstruct food for 100% freshness ingredients with 50 uses. restores 10 sanity on use. 2x living logs, 3x moon shards, 2x green gems while wearing it, cooking in a crockpot has 50% chance of giving an item used in the recipe back 4 times, one time for each ingredient. 133 uses. 3x gold, 5x moon rocks, 2x green gems Blue gems make ck and claws have a cold area of effect, making characters cold when close to it. The more gems, the faster they'll get cold. at 9 gems, crab king adds a small freezing ground around him similar to crystaleyezer that puts your temp° to -10° instantly. red gems changes the aura from cold to hot. at 9 gems, while close to crabking, items spoil at 200% rate. bubbles appear around him as water starts to boil, the lower the hp, the more red he gets in this phase (getting cooked lol). purple gems still adds geyser attacks, but starting at 2. at 9 gems, a new attack is performed by crab king. every 10% health loss, crab king 2 main claws slash in front, breaking anything in the boat and dealing 80 damage per hit, 4 times. can be dodged by standing at the very far point of the boat. If the boat was not paddled back after inserting the gems, the attacks will be undodgeable. yellow gem now adds health to the claws, up to 1200. at 9 gems, claws does double damage to boats. orange gem healing per rock and hits to cancel unchanged. at 9 gems, crabking gain 10k hp. green gems now adds hp to crab king, maximum 68k. at 9 gems, crab king has 10% armor. if this has flaws please tell me. literally just made this to see what ppl are actually bothered about in this fight.
  9. I prefer the simpler design of older bosses compared to new ones that have more mechanics that are repetitive and don't allow you to kill the boss in as many different ways as old ones. Dragonfly is so fun to fight solo If you use a wall/wall off lava ponds because there is no boss like it that requires the timing of kiting to be as good, any other boss you can decide not to try to hit it maximum amount of times and kite to be safe. Since I main Wanda this is one fight I like to use backstep watch for and it is also very fun since this clock is usually not that useful but it seems good for dragonfly and nightmare werepig. Minions are the big problem because solo players are punished since it is a multiplayer game but veterans have deluded themselves into accepting this because of some sort of pride of being able to kill these bosses like dragonfly or bee queen without cheesing, there is skill to it and this may be fun to some people but I am very focused on being efficient as time is so important to me and I don't want to waste it so seeing a group of 2-3 people kill these bosses with such ease it really makes me not like these mechanics. If claws didn't exist crab king would be so much more fun or if claws had really low hp and only 2 claws at a time could hook on your boat, why do we need to position the boat for the fight to only get 2 claws instead of 3? Malbatross fits the theme of the ocean requiring fishing to be able to summon it instead of relying on luck in finding the boss but it is terrible since a lot of us don't like fishing and may want to kill the boss, it is too rare if you don't fish and even If you do it still takes a long time to find the spot and requires luck to summon. Toadstool is quite boring and mechanics are one of the easiest ones compared to most bosses, health is the issue and that makes the fight annoying not hard, you just need to be prepared and with a few players this is so easy but solo players suffer like usual. Multiplayer makes the game worse for me since bosses are designed for multiplayer but they are easily killed by a group of players that it doesn't make a difference like that one recent youtube video of was it 5-6 wolfgangs killing FW before the boss is even able to use any of the mechanics but solo player is going to have a much more difficult time and gather resources while they also need to practice fight. I know that a lot of players are against health scaling based on players but that is literally the only reasonable solution since health has already been scaled up because it is multiplayer and the thing is that this may be selfish but I wouldn't even mind the current health of bosses if it was increased for multiplayer, I just don't want other players having an easy time because they are in a group since it makes me feel like I am wasting time playing solo.
  10. wagstaff if not containing the moonstorm energy in the swamp was a class
  11. How well does DST run on a macbook OS? A mediocre one. And is there any way to make the performance decent-er?
  12. I feel kinda awkward at the fact that you can't interact with her at all. I'd like to at least have some kind of interaction like getting too close to her will trigger some shadow magic that will knock you back, kinda like the ones that were added to cave holes, and the ability to attack her, and getting as much result as when you attack fuelweaver when he is protected.
  13. How about putting a fish in the bait slot to catch the squid.
  14. You could try c_announce(c_select()) while hovering your cursor over the area to see what prefabs are there, if any. If there's something unexpected, you can use c_select:Remove() to delete it. I suspect it either has something to do with the moonstorm or there's just a random item dropped in the square that's hard to see. Turns out that's just how the pattern is layered for red mosaic turf on the map:
  15. "pfff, adding slipering mechanic is so pointless, it will never affect anyone". - me.
  16. Is there a way to find out what the hell is this thing that blocks structures? I'm in the stage hand/Chester biome I don't think anything invisible is supposed to be here. Why the ground purple? I used same red mosaic turf everywhere but this part is purple.
  17. just do the following things 1. reduce the scaling factor of all gem powers 2. make purple power more dangerous 3. reduce the health of claws 4. give it a 100% rain conch drop, same number of uses as pan flute 5. implement the unused festive skin because it looks really good
  18. then you should hold your opinions until you have the proper experience to discuss this... "issue"
  19. I ran into an issue. I beat Deerclops, Eye of Terror, Moose/Goose, Antlion, Bearger, Klaus, and Ancient Guardian. I thought about what I should fight next, and I realized something...a lot of these raid bosses suck. Dragonfly is the next thing that I'm thinking about trying to beat, but other than that and the Shadow Pieces, the rest of the raid bosses suck minus the Celestial Guardian and maybe the Twins of Terror. I have never fought any of these bosses below, I'm just basing it off what I heard and the guides I've seen. Malbatross - Garbage to find, garbage and not guaranteed loot, and a messy and boring fight. Bee Queen - Decent drops and easily accessible, but the fight itself is a load of garbage. This game's combat is at its best when it utilizes kiting to its advantage, a boss with a bunch of summons that you can't kite no matter how hard you try even more so with the honey that slows you down, unsurprisingly sucks. Rework the fight, and I think she'll be great. Crab King - The drops are garbage though I can understand it here because it's supposed to be a step toward the Celestial Champion and finding it is somewhat easy since most likely, you'll only really need to kill it after getting the Astral Detector. The problem is the boss fight itself, I like the concept of build you own boss, but instakills? Freeze attacks? Healing? Tons of health? In the Ocean? It's bad. Ancient Fuelweaver - The drops are really good, and while finding it is hard, it's supposed to be hard, my only issue is that there's no clue telling the players to create a skeleton in the Atrium. The boss itself is bad as it's a combination of Bee Queen and Toadstool's problems, it stops you from kiting him like Bee Queen, with the bone cage though I can kind of forgive it here since you can use a Lazy Explorer to get out, but I believe the attack itself should just be removed and like Toadstool, he has invulnerability and healing, I don't mind when a boss has invulnerability and tries to heal every now and then because it makes the boss more dynamic, but similar to Toadstool, the problem is that he spams it constantly which just makes the boss fight more tedious. Toadstool/Misery Toadstool - The health. Need I say more? Actually, yes there is a lot more to say, the fight itself isn't terrible on paper, dodging the mushrooms and trying to get as far away as possible when you have the spore thing on your head seems fun, add the ground pound to it and the fight is very dynamic. The problem stems from again, the health and as I mentioned in the Fuelweaver section, the defense increase from the trees, I actually like the idea of the mushroom trees and chopping them down to make him more vulnerable, but my god, he spams the attack way too much and when the fight already lasts so long because of the health, it's just really tedious and makes the fight unfun because it takes way too long. I think if you just reduce the health and make it so that he doesn't spam the mushroom trees, maybe add a couple more drops, it'll be a decent fight.
  20. none of this is needed. current bossfight is fine. Klei would have to completely change how boats work and the whole fight itself to make it anything close to a "great fight" in some people's eyes. If you think the current navigation system AND the fights are bad things, your critique is on the whole thing itself. It's kinda childish to demand a whole rework from Klei. It's like saying that you don't like the way they do things. Basically people don't like the game and want it their way, that's the only way I see it. The only thing I agree are even debatable or "bad" on ck fight is the gem system and claw HP. I already need to take care of a lot of things when fighting him. Having to paddle on top of that is just unnecessary work. And adding that to the fight as obligated would imply an even harder fight for no reason. And to not make it too hard, they would have to remove some mechanics JUST to add these little things which add to nothing. Most of these ideas are literally asking for a different fight, instead of FIXING current fight actual problems. When you try to see what's wrong with something, you come up with thousands of things that are not that big of a deal, and portray them as problems, just to have something to say. Until this day I cannot see anything remotely close to being a problem on his fight. ALL of it is skill issue. Again, if we could actually think and give suggestions on the way gems interact with him + actually experiencing the fight on weak characters, then we would be able to pinpoint exactly what most people don't like about him, and then change what's changeable instead of trying to make impossible suggestions.
  21. explain WHY he is annoying. His loot is basically the opening for enlightened crown and all things beyond celestial champion. Btw, there are posts IN THIS VERY FORUM of the beta from when crab king was released, and people's opinion on the strident trident were that it was good because it was simply a meme item. And his ability to uproot bullkelp and fish are unique things in the game. It basically costs 3 horns because of appearences. If you look at wigfrids commanders helm, it has probably the worst recipe i've ever seen based on the item design, so I don't want that repeating again. It's a lazy solution. Cookie cutters dropping more shells are already a gigantic buff to the ocean and prob enough to make the whole thing better, but it was an issue to lock pearl behind it with it's old drop chance to begin with, so they admitted that. Only thing the ocean needs is simply more setpieces and content, like sea creatures and hidden resources. Crab king is not a problem, the only thing that bothers me really is the fact that a noob trying the fight putting other gems would never be able to do it without a tutorial/wiki. Also, current fights without purple gems are extremely hard solo, so changing it so it gives different loot and is more enjoyable to fight in different situations is already a huge fix. First time I fought him it was hard and I died, But not at ANY MOMENT I thought it was unfair. It was simply skill issue and I knew that. It's the same as a souls-like type of difficulty and I wish klei doesn't make the fight too easy. If you can't fight crab king currently, just pick wolfgang on a test world until you're used to the fight, then go from him to wilson with an affinity, then without it, then wes. That's what I did, and that's what I think everyone should do to fight him easily, It's literally just a skill issue, not an "unfun fight". But if you can't fight him and refuses to, just cheese him like most youtubers do. People are exaggerating this way too much, it is not THAT big of a deal. The fight JUST needs some additions to loot and small numbers change and it's fine. The whole idea of completely reworking the thing from ground up on a QoL ocean update is the same as asking for a free DLC-sized update.
  22. The answer to the title question is NO and, at the same time, yes. Many people are looking at the symptom without realizing that the boss itself is not the problem, but rather what revolves around the boss. What do I mean by this? Among the methods used to kill him is the mechanic of freezing with the ice staff while he channels and then hitting him immediately after. The problem I see is that people find the methods involved in killing the Crab King () tedious, and I agree. Because when we think of maritime bosses, we think of battles actively using the boat and not just standing on a static platform hitting him. So, what I suggest is not to stay here on the forum suggesting that Klei delete the boss or start from scratch, as this is not likely and takes up space here with unproductive things. Instead, let's propose changes in the navigation system and small mechanical changes in the boss that enable maritime combat. Examples: - Boat collision with the boss will stun it (has cooldown time). - Boat collision protections now have additional uses. - Tridents have additional uses for their special, and their materials can be obtained less laboriously. - Island monkeys can be hired to operate the cannons.
  1. Load more activity