All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. i wanna start this off by saying that if i was in charge of the game's balance i would cut wurt's merm flortifications cost by half lol 20 logs and 2 spears per loyal merm guard is an insane ask imo, every character has access to bunnymen for bee queen and can summon the phase 2 twins on her to have her killed and it makes (it's more difficult to set this up with a monster character but webber has spiders), merms start to look a lot less impressive in what they can do bunnymen do not kite and attack more frequently, which means that despite their lower base damage they actually deal more damage per second merms do not follow you into the caves, and even if they did rock lobsters are cheap to hire and extremely effective merms mining is outdone by bearger (not character specific) and snurtle slime for opening stone fruit while merms are immune to boss roars i rarely found this useful for combat compared to webber's spiders since nurse spiders will sustain the armies after and the webby whistle gives you a lot more control (and if spiders die too quick to a boss then so will merms) wurt's stat boosts when a merm king is alive are just stat bloat which contributes nothing save for hunger (which is just convenience) wurt's lack of access to meat dishes is really frustrating, not in the sense that it's unplayable or anything but she's locked out of the best dishes as a result, her lack of need for a crockpot actually just comes down to veggie dishes not being great (with a few exceptions), although it's not really nearly as bad as warly's restrictions she just ends up being very unimpressive in my experience, until you have spent enough time to have an absurd amount of merms; except that if you give any character that amount of time they will also feel absurd being unable to trade with pig king is a bit annoying, and the merm king trades are atrocious in comparison making her the only character to have to go out of her way to be able to trade with him,not a huge deal also but it bothers me how bad merm king's trades are i think every character is at least okay at worst but if we were to compare loyal merm guards' cost to reward they are bad i avoided mentioning maxwell because it's maxwell i ended up swapping to wickerbottom just so i can read on tentacles on a boat and sink it so that i didnt have to go through the slog of killing tentacles myself because it was so slow even with wild merms
  3. Today
  4. It would make for a bomb base decorations though... Oh and if we can craft it I can finally place giant tree seeds in more tighter spaces.
  5. I'm not sure if Klei will add this for lore/canon reasons, but it's a great idea.
  6. How is managing merm followers hard? You feed them, they follow you for a day or so, they deal so much damage and are super tanky they mob up anything that doesn't spam high damage aoe or have specific mechanics and you dismiss them by murking one then murder a fish. Playing Wurt once she set up everything requires 0 IQ.
  7. So yesterday I finally got my hands on the early access too (very nice) but I've encountered an issue I had hopes not to have, one of my controller bumpers stopped working, the one for drinking potion. Thought I had to play the game in hardmode from now on but I was told of the control settings page and I managed to set it somewhere else, but that’s at the cost of other controls so I'm only moving the problem elsewhere. Due to that I considered moving to keyboard only. Although… I cannot remap movements. And as I'm left handed (aka cursed) I really can’t play with ZQSD by default. I know a few ways around outside of the game but imo 100% of keybinds should be configurable in the same menu early in the production of Rotwood. Pretty please ?
  8. What would your idea be for a golden standard to get results on official Klei hosted public servers? Screen record your play session from joining the server until the end of the incident Have zero provoking actions towards the griefer Witness on screen the incident Repeat to show a trend Submit video What else would be required for definitive action to be made against someone who does grief? What actions are Klei Entertainment allowed to take if any against players who grief consistently? Would doing any of this just be in vain? Players do not have to play with each other but it is implied on non pvp servers, especially ones hosted by Klei Entertainment itself, that players should co-exist together within the confines of the server your company provides. I use the word co-exist loosely as each person could be on opposite sides or levels of the world and not even interact with each other but just use the server to play the game. The public servers your company hosts are meant for the use of the customers who purchase your product as far as I know. Griefers make even the use of them impossible and or unbearable and there seems to be no recourse as I've seen the same griefers over the years still active. Players are happy playing on public games, they just aren't happy that there are people out there that want to stop them from enjoying being on those public servers especially Klei hosted public servers. Plublic servers [especially Klei hosted ones (there's a pattern here)] sometimes are the only place players can play the co-existing game because private/privately hosted servers are often times empty even when set to public. Not everybody has the hardware to host 12 player servers and have them populated while still being able to play without lag, like on Klei hosted servers. To me, saying players should move to private games because of interactions with griefers on Klei Hosted public servers is akin to your local municipalities saying don't use the public parks you've paid tax dollars to maintain because criminals are there robbing people and we don't want to arrest them even with evidence. Private servers are the wild west of hosted servers. I think what you should be able to do is at least be able to react with prejudice against griefers on Klei hosted public servers. It's not expected or necessary to have a 24 hour monitoring team for your servers but you should at least deal with bad actors when possible after the fact. Klei Entertainment is a subsidiary of Tencent Holdings, a 415 billion dollar company. To say it is unfeasible for a studio like yours is short sighted. In my industry we look at worst case scenarios and make contingency plans with the resources we have. In your case, you and your company have the ability to tap into a multibillion dollar company and ask for help, you just need to know how to go about it internally to get better results that would have you thinking differently about your situation. If these bad actors were joining every private, public, and Klei hosted public server around the clock and griefing the entire player base you would find a way to deal with them ASAP as it would affect your player retention rate and bottom line. The probably already do affect the bottom line but not to that great of a degree but there could definitely be an inflection point when it gets markedly more noticeable. A new-ish trend is having a team of bad actors take over a server and reset them. Frame the situation properly, ask for help, more resources. Pitch the upside. The DST community has done it for you and you've responded in kind. It isn't past your company either to ask, make a call, and speak to a liaison of Tencent for some extra help. As an aside, I just play this game in my spare time and wouldn't be here in the forums if the griefing hadn't gotten as bad as it is now, but unfortunately it has.
  9. Ooh, I love this! Both the music itself and the concept of Warly joining Woodie, Walani and Wilba in the character-specific music club.
  10. It's just a piece of ice from the shark person arena, you're not meant to actually use it.
  11. I see that steam got a huge update for regular don’t starve. When will switch start seeing some of these updates?
  12. I'm having the exact same issue, though i finish editing all the basic character info. I used the exact same video given that it's the easiest for me to understand. Im able to get through to the character selection screen but past that I'm just forever loading into the game. I don't even get a crash or anything. Its just a blank screen loading forever and i never know wether to turn the game off or let it go.
  13. I just looked into this and honestly had no idea that Klei had even added these options into the game, thanks for informing me. However… Klei seems not to allow the player to map In-Game button actions as much as you can Map their functions to your actual controller through Settings, Devices & Connections, Controllers & Headsets, Configure, (Click the pencil icon to Edit) This will allow the player to map the controllers functions to tapped, Double Tapped or Held in Button presses. And I’m trying to make use of a Totally Useless Button on my Xbox controller… (Aka the take a screenshot Button) So I’ll now ping @JoeW & @JanH and hopefully you guys can look into this to Optimize the ways we can bind game actions to different button presses. Thank You so very much! <3
  14. Yesterday
  15. It's not really even a matter of priorities it's more so Wurt is very lacking in terms of quality of life compared to Maxwell, Webber, Wendy, and Wormwood which is extra problematic because she's the only one who uses the traditional follower system of keeping track of loyalty.
  16. This looks like its going to be awesome! Go9d luck with the rest
  17. less and less games are using this type of weapon, and they are so fun you can feel like a martial artist or monk class and is always fun punch enemies, tonfa can be a better option to armor problem when using gauntlet this above is the main point now if you want to take suggestions on the playstyle I will leave some below normal attack fast paced multiple hits heavy attack a charged punch like one punch man style skill could be the character jump and the air and can punch can punch down with the heavy attack or keep on the air for a small time punching with the normal attacks or the skill can be a gap closer like teleport to the enemy or the skill can be a passive where if you are far away from the enemy you will teleport closer if the armor turns to be a problem to make fist weapon you can use tonfas or use bare knuckle weapon style and the real weapon is a buff aura like Super Saiyajin changing the color of the aura or you can make claw like wolverine and change the design of the claw for different weapon if was hard to undestand sorry english is not my native language
  18. Seconding this. I genunely had a lot of fun fighting the crab king this way. I don't understand the sheer number of people that insist on doing it the boring way with ice staves. Alright, i'm not skilled at this game, but im not bad either. I admit, i only pulled off this tactic for the fight under specific circumstances: using maxwell (to use his duelists to help me cancel the heal); after killing fuelweaver (to use void cowl + shadow reaper dps to kill claws quickly enough to move from geysers). Obviously not the only circumstances for someone to achieve this kind of win against the crab king, but i dont want it to be too hard for myself, and it allowed me to do it without animation cancelling or a sychnronisation of my attacks with the healing window. Someone might see my fight as pointless, since the task to get shadow rift gear is steeper than the task to get ice staves and a weather pain. But you have to believe me- it was really fun. I had already done fuelweaver/cave rifts since maxwell's duelists need it anyway. If i were klei, i would probably only lower the health of the claws. Low enough so that there is less of a dps requirement to solo the fight with the rowing tactic. the healing window could probably stay as it is, since in my own opinion, the weather pain is fine where it is in this fight (to allow a healing cancel for the people with no minions who are also unwilling to work with bee mines or the precise timing). Shrug Actually, socketing gems should also have a milder effect. As they are, many combinations of gems are pointlessly punishing, and it discourages people from using anything other than purple on a boss that is supposed to be customisable. Sorry, I think everyone already knows this.
  19. Ice boat should eiter last longer or not constantly break in winter / ice crystalyzer range / near Polar light / near endothermic fire Ice boat should be quicker to row on than grass raft which should be quicker to row on than wooden boat Ice boat should have it's health replenished from CK ice attack
  20. Getting some hunger and tiny bit of sanity and hp from 1 mm and 3 ice doesn't sound that bad. And a little bit of hunger and 40 hp with pretty decent spoil time from 2 almost spoiled frog legs, 1 kelp and 1 ice is also pretty good. No need to generalize. Well obviously not klei servers, duh. But what about privately owned public servers?
  21. Y'all are probably bored of killing scrappy werepig at this point. Switch users are saying, Friday? No update again?
  22. Rotwood_cut_2_compressed.mp4 Rotwood_cut_2_compressed.mp4 Rotwood_cut_3_compressed.mp4
  23. With multipliers (Fertilizer applied by high agriculture dupe, and Grubrubs) farms get pretty small. In Spaced Out you don't need to be lucky at all because there's always an abundance of water and sulfur (in fact a super mega omega abundance of sulfur). Base game it's a lot more random though you can easily end up with plenty of watery geysers, like I wouldn't be surprised to have on average 10 kg/s of water. You could easily support like 50 normal hunger dupes with that, or like 30 max hunger dupes.
  24. So, if I understand it correctly, the general consensus here is keep the ice crystalyzer as dangerous as is, but rework the heat mechanics to be more intuitive, right?
  25. Yeah crab king sucks They should make it so the pearl gives an special drop like the blueprint, so if you kill him normally you will get the tribute
  26. wurt has been indirectly nerfed by klei because they added monkeys to the ocean and....just no
  27. I never carry a weapon as Wurt, I just always have 20 ish merms following me. With kelp from Lunar, this is free, and the fist is easiest to fake an attack with. Sometimes I carry a boomerang to fake attacks better.
  28. Same here on Playstation, I’m currently testing if binding zooming out to the inventory item inspect button, and zooming in to the emote wheel is manageable or just too annoying. (The button retains both bindings it has) And so far it has been going pretty great, maybe you could try it out this way too
  1. Load more activity