All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. With respect to modders, there are no better don't starve together developers than the don't starve together developers. No matter how deep the understanding any of us have of the game, we didn't make it and not even a lot of modders are qualified to make a game of their own. Just because a modder can do it doesn't mean klei can't do it better and faster. You can't ignore or dismiss what people are willing to pay for hamlet in dst in whatever form. The hamlet mod is in such a delicate place. All the authors are busy with real life and none of them are seeing a dollar to their name with the work they're doing. The project isn't their main priority and if it were, they would be starving in real life. NOt just in game. The difference between klei introducing hamlet assets or the whole game in some form is that when klei works on the game, they keep the lights on, they put food on the table, they put their children through college. Modders don't have this luxury.
  3. Thanks for the video. It's very clear that there's a huge delay, but there were also times were it was fine, right? I only ever see that type of delay when I'm in someone else's world, and there's a lot of latency. I've never seen that when I host. I have no solutions for you. If it were me, I'd try docked, try a different controller, try a different switch, try offline mode, try online mode local only. I would also test if it's just the stick or buttons as well. Just to see if anything changes anything. For anyone wondering, he's able to let go of the stick and continue walking for about 1 to 2 seconds. So there's a delay between stick input and movement. I don't know if it's a comforting fact, but I don't know of anyone that has your issue unless they're playing in someone else's world and the latency is very high. Sorry you're not able to have a good experience.
  4. no one probably would since we're likely to have a H mod for DST in a few years if not less
  5. Hamlets probably overall better than dst as well. Its just that dst has more content and content updates.
  6. Today
  7. would it be better if mobs just bite your boat not jump on your boat then hit you
  8. I want hamlet in the game because locking it to single player was the greatest disservice done to it of all time. Leaving it in singleplayer is basically leaving it to rot. Let me pull up some numbers Single player don't starve has been on a downwards trend since 2015 when it was at it's peak. After the release of hamlet, Don't starve never reached it's all time peak, not even half of it. It was doomed because it was released on an underdeveloped platform. Don't starve together has been trending upwards with it's all time peak being around this time last year, however since it's peak, it has clearly been trending upwards as show in the red circle here. Hamlet is a victim of lack of exposure and general stagnation of having no company to play with. It's setting of economy and dungeon diving would be at home with multiplayer. Anyone who has played it will see so much attention to detail with the mobs and structures native to hamlet. Hamlet was sadly a bit rushed and I truly think that Don't starve is an abandoned game. It is dead. There is little profitability to be gained from singleplayer and the community has quite clearly shifted to DST. When people say "Single player games can't die" why I don't think this is true, is because of community and their interaction with the franchise. All the entertainment that exists for DS/T is reserved all for DST. The general merchandising has rewards tied into DST as a game, Skins, Viewership on streaming is heavily favored to DST, Co-current players, not to mention intake of new players. As a game, Don't Starve is also dated. So many sprites in that game aren't HD and are pixelated as hell, all the while, DST is adding new sprites to the HD repertoire. Hamlet is too nice to just sink on the Don't Starve ship. Everything about it. The ambience, the looming threat of danger with the promise of adventure and most importantly, Hamlet's pace. Hamlet has such a fast pace of play and the legwork of it all can be done in a single season, leaving for a lot of the core base building and city planning being accessible within the first 20 days if you're a rusher. With DST, too much of the game's progression within a run is locked behind perhaps 10 hours of play. So many of hamlet's features should be added in game.
  9. The thulecite club is not a bad weapon in a vacuum but it has always had issues finding a place within the larger sandbox of DST. While it deals higher damage on average than even the dark sword, its steep cost (requiring the same number of living logs as 3 dark swords, in addition to costing thulecite), the fact that it can only be crafted in the ruins (making it inconvenient to craft unless you specifically plan for it), and the unreliability of shadow tentacles mean that at all stages of the game there's pretty much always a better alternative between the ham bat, dark sword, morning star, and now the new late game weapons. In my opinion, all the thulecite club needs is a durability buff from 200 to 400. This makes perfect sense in-universe as it's made of thulecite (obviously) and its armor counterparts have some of the highest durability in the game, so it's really odd that the club has only slightly more durability than a spear (in fact, it used to have the same durability as the spear until it was buffed to 200 uses a long time ago). This would also give it a unique role within the DST weapon sandbox; while its damage wouldn't be as reliable as the dark sword, you'd overall be getting more bang for your buck for the living log cost, you wouldn't have to carry so many dark swords (or materials for dark swords) around, and it wouldn't face the same spoilage downside as the ham bat. It would also be very useful for some early game bosses as characters that don't have damage multipliers, as a single thulecite club would be enough for most of the bosses (with 2 being enough for even toadstool). This would make it more of a ham bat competitor that dishes out more damage but you have to go out of your way to get. There's also an argument to be made for making the shadow tentacles start attacking sooner (for more consistent damage) and remove their sanity drain (so they don't feel like a detriment)
  10. I'm surprised nobody here mentioned the teleportato. God, what I'd do to have something that in the game. Instead of having to start from scratch every single time I'd want to try a new character or I got bored with one of my current worlds, I could just take the stuff I'd need for my new home while still retaining the recipes I'd learnt that run. That way, when I get into the next world, it wouldn't take me long to set up a base or even spend extra time exploring the map for resources, which would allow me to get to the fun stuff faster (Cave exploration, fighting raid bosses, beefalo taming, etc.). Heck, I'd even take the teleportato over the celestial portal if it meant one of them had to go.
  11. No, plants just need to be kept at an acceptable body temperature. That can be achieved more cheaply by running a cooling loop behind the plants, like so. Turns out, once you have the capability to cool water in bulk, it is no longer reasonable to do it.
  12. Hamlet pig trading/city with ability to make our own in caves so we need executive hammer too. Coffee is also very good and the best part of heap of foods mod, it makes DF a fight that I want to repeat a lot until I have like 30-40 bushes.Old bell would be a very good addition too. Do you not see that DS has gotten more content with DLCs than we ever have with DST updates? I don't want to be drip fed small amount of content for free, I would much rather pay for big content expansion because I really like the game. No one is going to buy DS anyway If DST keeps getting updates because you are going to be missing out on so much like skins, DST exclusive content and QOL. It really isn't worth buying DS and all DLCs already. For example If I buy DLC for DST and host a server anyone that doesn't own the DLC should be able to connect and playerbase wouldn't be split while we all would be able to enjoy much more content.
  13. Why would people need to own the dlcs in order to join players who are hosting the dlcs? Some games are scummy as hell and DO force you to have to buy the dlcs to play with people who own them. But…. Not all games do this, and I’ll name at least 3 that allow players who do not own dlc to join and play dlc content of players that do. Those 3 games are: Minecraft, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Shredders Revenge, & DST. Why did I put DST on this list? Because.. Players who do not own certain skins, exclusive Proof of Purchase Youtooz or Funko pop skins, or even playable characters- Can still join and enjoy worlds with players who have purchased them. And while it’s not quite on par with Minecraft or TMNT where players who don’t own the DLC can PLAY and enjoy all the features of the DLC if the host owns it, it’s still something worth mentioning. I think the real reason Klei has not yet done a huge paid dlc expansion for DST, is that they simply don’t know how much content they would need to make to make the 5-15$ asking price feel like a worthy value of content.
  14. It doesn't matter what method you use to kill the boss. How would someone even know that other players are good at the game and would they want to share items or should they be required to share items just because they used cheese? A lot of players will come to fight the boss if you ask but they can do more harm than good and want loot. This may sound selfish but I don't want to share loot with someone who didn't help with the fight, at the same time maybe I want to get the items so that I have an easier time with next boss fight or whatever I want to do. I have already mentioned multiple times that boss respawn times should be decreased so that everyone can have a go at a boss without waiting the usual 20 days, that way someone can cheese and another player can choose the method they want to kill the boss. Why do bosses need to have the default 20 day respawn time, why does it really matter besides making players compete in a sandbox game for no good reason? Almost instant respawns or 1-5 days would be good enough. You can't really "show off" when a boss can be cheesed easily and I'd say this is good, why do I need to care about how good you are at the game, I just want to get the loot and you killing the boss so fast means that I can't get it for next 20 days or year (Klaus). It only affects you when it comes to bragging and showing off and the requirement to wait for boss respawns when this can easily be changed, If bosses respawn fast it would matter much less If someone uses cheese. Finding atrium is random and terrible mechanic so everyone experienced at the game uses void walk or lazy explorer If atrium is close that they can use it. Should someone spend hours finding tentapillars and killing them all to get to atrium? It isn't simply ignoring sanity pillars when you already need to be able to lower sanity for FW fight and you probably have items to do so like nightmare amulet, so this is a very minor inconvenience. Why are you guys going off topic? If you want to discuss these things make a new thread, this thread was made by @Uedoto ask If anyone wants to play. I wanted to reply but If we want to keep going someone should start another thread.
  15. old bell i believe was removed due to potential griefing and trolling. maybe if it was locked behind something in the endgame so mostly ppl who you trust and have played with for a while can access it. I think coffee or some speed boost drink but only accessible further done the line. i think boss loot and progression is getting harder to design since there's only so far klei can go with "more damage or health", so maybe some boss that drops the recipe/blue print for a speed boost drink would be nice. I think royal jelly, forget me lots, etc could be used since there decently hard to get but not too annoying to stockpile and are easier down the line. Pugalisk/Iron Hulk. They both seem very fun though their drops could use adjustments. I think Iron Hulk's loot seems to suffer from the "gosh I gotta save this item for when I REALLY need it" syndrome that prevents a lot of players from engaging with the loot. I think a weaker armor that the game encourages the players to use more often would be nice. Maybe use the new wagstaff stuff to repair it but it gives only 90-80% damage reduction. A lot of people have criticized the Pugalisk wand for being impractical and there's a variety of changes that could be made to it to make it more fun and engaging to use. (Wheeler? She seems chill tbh. Just add some more stuff to her to make her more fleshed out.)
  16. Please god no. Coffee is one of the worst things ever added to single-player DS. Absolute trainwreck of a balancing decision. Tea from Hamlet was so much more reasonable in every way and it was a shame that they undermined it by just adding coffee beans to a shop anyway.
  17. Just two things. The old bell, and That feature where all the mushrooms and flowers in the world turned into mushtrees and evil flowers during a full moon.
  18. I actually had one guy wanting to voidwalk on a pub once, but I insisted not to, we then separated ourselves to find the atrium tentacle and found it in 1 day, he told us where it was and we killed fuelweaver with 8 people. But their main plan was to void walk. And this was also on the same server No cheese, and no one complained, they just played. (Just sharing, not arguing btw).
  19. Yeah fair enough. Ill take any big dlc that gives us a completely new map
  20. Haha, same. Maxwell was my first main too when I'd just gotten into DST back in... 2017. I've gone from a child to an adult since I started, but Maxwell's still a geezer :P
  21. how are barnacle dishes hot garbage? barnacle linguine & pita have pretty good stats for very cheap, and like, even if you for some reason avoid the ocean as much as possible, a stretch of seaweeds usually spawns very close to pearl due to her being in the deep ocean - it doesn't really take much effort at all to amass lots of barnacles and from there you have several dishes that serve for every stat (barnacle linguine restores 20 whole as s sanity) like you could argue they're less versatile than X or Y meta dish but even if they were somehow objectively worse (which is something i disagree with because they're not going to be the best in absolutely every gameplay scenario) i would still disagree with the notion that they're totally worthless
  1. Load more activity