Is there a mechanical advantage to a house/house-upgrades?

2 minutes ago, ProfMembrane said:

Basically, is there any mechanical advantage to a house or house upgrades? At the moment it seems entirely cosmetic, and it seems like it'd be fun if you could get useful upgrades.

Protects you from weather and darkness

1 hour ago, ProfMembrane said:

As a suggestion, I really wish there were more of a mechanical advantage, cause otherwise it feels like a lot of frivolty for it's own sake in a very hard game.

Yeah, I was thinking the house could leak when you first get it, providing only as much cover from rain as a tree would.

14 hours ago, Sasuga said:

Yeah, I was thinking the house could leak when you first get it, providing only as much cover from rain as a tree would.

That'd be a very nice start. Requiring the bulb to be placed by the player wouldn't hurt either. Rundown walls/floor, too. At the start it could be sanity draining, and get nicer with every upgrade until the evening/night sanity penalty was removed with say fixed outside + walls + floor + light source + X amount of decor items.

How about increase sanity by being in the house?  especially if you've decorated and upgraded.  I love playing Wickerbottom, but I always go insane. the house increasing sanity, at least after I've fixed it up, would be helpful.  

Archived