On seasonal bosses

Now that seasons are short and more challenging, I do understand why no seasonal bosses, new or old, have so far set foot onto the Hamlet.

However, i believe we could still have them every now and then, but in a scarcer number, seeing that as aforementioned, seasons on their own are already a pain to deal with. Maybe have them spawn after the first year like Bearger/Goose in RoG. Have them drop stuff that expediates survival in the Plateau, but havig us players go through tougher challenges than just kiting the boss or leading it it to burning tall grass.

So, gentle reader, what are your thoughts on this?

I've always wanted the MooseGoose to have a different approach to when it was coming except for the sound in the distance like every seasonal boss in DS, except tigershark i guess.. To have this huge shadow fly over you, i wished for that in RoG. But, now that we have proof of a giant shadow of the Roc, i do hope this can be the case anywhere with this huge damn creature. Just to, see this gigantic shadow with a big screech or something flying above you.. While you just find the giant footprints like the bigfoot sometimes in the wild of hamlet. I really hope the Roc will be a creature that can be fought at random times. Not just a "push the button to spawn the boss" type of deal. However, i'm not saying that's a bad thing. it works perfect with the mant queen and the pugalisk. But this.. creature, is just too much of an opportunity (for me at least) To let be a waste of the same deal as of those 2.

1 hour ago, Parusoid said:

depends how much you appease the aporkalypse clock

We have no idea how the aporkalypse clock works, so that's purely speculative.

31 minutes ago, bugsmand said:

To have this huge shadow fly over you, i wished for that in RoG. But, now that we have proof of a giant shadow of the Roc, i do hope this can be the case anywhere with this huge damn creature. Just to, see this gigantic shadow with a big screech or something flying above you.. While you just find the giant footprints like the bigfoot sometimes in the wild of hamlet. I really hope the Roc will be a creature that can be fought at random times. Not just a "push the button to spawn the boss" type of deal. However, i'm not saying that's a bad thing. it works perfect with the mant queen and the pugalisk. But this.. creature, is just too much of an opportunity (for me at least) To let be a waste of the same deal as of those 2.

The Roc appears to be a natural spawn. So unlike Womant we don't need to go to them, or Pugalisk where we need to activate them. Whether or not they'll be a true boss or more like a debilitating seasonal effect is unknown. 

Plus, you're gonna love this:

Spoiler

footprint__000.thumb.png.8f131f8e58c98b9b419564a568b0f7f9.pngshadow__000.thumb.png.603c8f2409127fbe72cdc5b464963b96.png

42 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

We have no idea how the aporkalypse clock works, so that's purely speculative.

The Roc appears to be a natural spawn. So unlike Womant we don't need to go to them, or Pugalisk where we need to activate them. Whether or not they'll be a true boss or more like a debilitating seasonal effect is unknown. 

Plus, you're gonna love this:

Reveal hidden contents

footprint__000.thumb.png.8f131f8e58c98b9b419564a568b0f7f9.pngshadow__000.thumb.png.603c8f2409127fbe72cdc5b464963b96.png

Excuse me for a moment... 

*inhales*

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES YES YES YES OH HELL YESSSSSSSSS!!!!

One More. YESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

Alright, had to get that out of my system

Archived