Power Generator For Keeping Light On In House

From watching a handful of streams and youtube gameplays of the beta, I can't help but think there should be a power generator in the corner of your house that keeps the single light bulb powered. I think it should come standard with the house, but perhaps it could exist in the upgrade tab. The generator would take any kind of fuel you give it, similar to a fire pit or ice-filingo-matic. This would cause a little burden on enjoying the safety of your home at night, since the light would no longer be completely free.

Just my two cents:  The thing I am most excited about in Hamlet is the increase in exploration and discovery.  I don't need or want additional ways to end up getting killed, we seem to have plenty of those.  Of course, many DS aficionados absolutely love the deluge of monsters and other ways to die, and I do enjoy playing the game, but Hamlet appears to be a little different in a way that I welcome.  

5 minutes ago, ucw said:

Just my two cents:  The thing I am most excited about in Hamlet is the increase in exploration and discovery.  I don't need or want additional ways to end up getting killed, we seem to have plenty of those.  Of course, many DS aficionados absolutely love the deluge of monsters and other ways to die, and I do enjoy playing the game, but Hamlet appears to be a little different in a way that I welcome.  

unfortunately there's actually less to explore, compared to shipwrecked, or even RoG.

but the ruins is nice, i just hoped the caves would be bigger.

50 minutes ago, metallichydra said:

unfortunately there's actually less to explore, compared to shipwrecked, or even RoG.

but the ruins is nice, i just hoped the caves would be bigger.

The Devs did say they left a load of stuff out of the beta. I'm sure there will be loads to do and find :)

Things happen more quickly and the world is smaller, which is a huge plus. New scenarios set you up to die from old ways very well, I like it, and light is still a problem if you venture out of town. More to come could mean more of just that :D

On 25/10/2018 at 11:10 PM, JimmyJam said:

The Devs did say they left a load of stuff out of the beta. I'm sure there will be loads to do and find :)

When did they say this?

In terms of content compared to shipwrecked, it is small. The sheer number of things to do in shipwrecked is mind-blogging, there might be more content but we don't know that yet. The game doesn't even yet have a concrete release date. We can only speculate.

5 hours ago, gary9996 said:

I was curious when they said this.

31 minutes ago, ansuman said:

When did they say this?

It was said in a locked thread, so I can't quote it properly.

Remember that getting into the beta doesn't give the DLC forever, just for a limited time while we do testing, and that not all of the content is active in the beta, just the stuff that badly needed testing. There's plenty of cool stuff that'll only come in the release version.

From here:

Spoiler

Archived