Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

metallichydra

please bring back the flammable pig guards

Recommended Posts

metallichydra    2,258

please, they are way too annoying to fight without fire.
they are partly fire-proof know, and its really annoying to fight them, as fire only works for a few seconds, and they even ignore it during the first second.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JosePapp    370

They ain't supposed to be easy. You're not supposed to fight them easily. Think of it like hounds from hound mounds, easy to kill alone, hard to kill in groups.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Squeegee    723
12 hours ago, metallichydra said:

please, they are way too annoying to fight without fire.
they are partly fire-proof know, and its really annoying to fight them, as fire only works for a few seconds, and they even ignore it during the first second.

I don't think you understand how this game has been balanced since forever. You shouldn't be able to kill a hard enemy with the lowest grade weapon available without it taking a long time.

You have to realize that generally, you should only get good stuff by being well prepared for these encounters. Pig Guards drop free armor and a good weapon so of course fighting them isn't going to be easy, it's just not how this game works or have ever worked. Examples of hard to kill enemies giving good loot include Beefalo, Koalaphant, Krampus, all of the giants, the clockwork chess pieces, and hounds.

So I just don't understand why you think it's normal to kill an enemy with metal armor and a halberd with a burnt wooden stick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GetNerfedOn    3,274

They should most probably apply this change to the Pugalisk as well. It surely is not a satisfying boss fight to just burn a patch of grass, lead it there and watch it roast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Duxe    185
Just now, GetNerfedOn said:

They should most probably apply this change to the Pugalisk as well. It surely is not a satisfying boss fight to just burn a patch of grass, lead it there and watch it roast.

Oi, does that happen? Haha oooh. Yeah, my beloved basilisk should be immune to fire.

I'm perfectly happy with the guards being buffed (although I haven't tested it myself yet, from the comments here I think I'll be pleased.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GetNerfedOn    3,274
20 minutes ago, Duxe said:

Oi, does that happen? Haha oooh. Yeah, my beloved basilisk should be immune to fire.

Yes, it does. Kills the beast in less than a minute. Willow players basically have a grand time with the snek doing this.

I really love Klei's first (so far) application of the "Attack his weak spot for damage" boss trope, and it surely needs to retain the amount of challenge it presents.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
metallichydra    2,258
7 hours ago, GetNerfedOn said:

Yes, it does. Kills the beast in less than a minute. Willow players basically have a grand time with the snek doing this.

I really love Klei's first (so far) application of the "Attack his weak spot for damage" boss trope, and it surely needs to retain the amount of challenge it presents.

 

I really like the pugalisk, completely new attacks, super cool death animation.
they should really consider nerfing wx78, or "nerf" thunderbird. wx78 can be overcharged forever once he finds an iron-biome

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites