What are we expecting from finished Hamlet

Before you start reading I want you to know that I didn't use commands and as of now I've only survived to like day 20 so i might not know some things and all that jazz.

Hamlet's clearly not a finished product yet so while we can we should tell Klei what we think they should do

-New Treeguard. I've seen shopkeeper sell pinecones and birchnuts… Klei... New Treeguard not a reuse of old ones

-Special drops. Hipopotamoose and that weird gold-sucking armadigo only drop meat. I'm sure this'll be changed in the future but just in case. Also that big bug in ants' nest doesn't drop anything

-Gears. Give iron hulks a little % chance of dropping gears instead of iron. Please. Like 1%

-Add more creatures. I've seen in some thread that there are upcoming creatures. Knight-looking zebras (there'll better be animal version of bishop) some birds, big boy bird. So yeah… more then just pogs, plants and pigs 

-More items to craft. There's no hat umbrella that gives 100% water and lightning resistance. No new structures. Not really anything fun relating to light(that candle hat can go commit die), which is pretty sad imo since we have glowing bugs

-More season. I've seen in the crafting menu that freezing and overheating are excluded (no warm clothing and endothermic fire) from Hamlet.... what. You can't tell me that whole year is just normal season and fever season switching back and forth.

-Forced bosses. Maybe not RoG style cuz 4's a bit too much but at least 1 like you did with shiprecked. Too much optional contant can be bad. We've disscussed this with dst

-More characters. I know that developing a character is hard but for sure we're getting more then 1 character. And 1 pig character

-Full moon. Why aren't pigs turning feral? I thought that was the thing they were known for. I know that most pigs go into their homes but guards don't. Make guards turn into werepigs. And if yo really don't want to do this then give them a special animation where they drink some sort of potion or something like that Also some environment changes like in RoG

-New shadow creatures. Pig ancients that fell becasue they overused the power of Bacon Fuel

Feel free to post your own ideas

35 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

-Forced bosses. Maybe not RoG style cuz 4's a bit too much but at least 1 like you did with shiprecked. Too much optional contant can be bad. We've disscussed this with dst

The dlc very much wants you to explore and find cool stuff. I like having to go out and find the boss. Having it come to you is boring and has been done before.

4 hours ago, Zeklo said:

The (currently non-functional) Roc seems to be something that comes to you (or at least near you). Not entirely sure if it's going to be hostile though.

Maybe a warg-like mini boss? Considering you get attacked by flying hook birds

What I'm hoping for in finished game: 
- More lore on the ancients and the history of the hamlet. 
- The baby water beefalos. 
- Some kind of colony or area where Webber is the only one not to be attacked. 
- Options for spacing or tightly clustering pig village houses in the game options. 
- Expanded housing and home-farm options. 
- More unique food recipes. 
- Something like the slot machine, but with oinks. 
- Pig costumes, mainly for Webber but other characters might get easier stealing bonus from them too. 
- A way to distract pigs to steal from them, which will obviously need good items to craft but be worth it. 
- A more refined weather system with clearer ways to prepare for and survive them. 
- Krampus, or some version of him. Unless killing the Masked Pig has a chance to drop an equally superb bag. 
- Some event involving the appearance of werepigs in the towns. Or vampire pigs. 
- More bosses/giants. There are a lot of good potential ways to go about them for Hamlet. 
- Building more pig villages and possibly taking over existing ones by siege or slyness. 
- Ro Bin being fully implemented. With a way to cheese him in to ROG and SW. Or, even better, a non-cheese Klei-approved way. 
- More ruins and things within them, possibly a way to base in one. 
- Set Pieces, or new forms of them. Especially the reed trap, tallbird fortress, and berry bush cluster. 

More ideals for finished Hamlet: 
- Footprints with varied spawns - meaty poop machine, vicious mob spawner {bat queen?}, and the rarer item dropping creature. 
- Completely stable connectivity between Hamlet, Reign of Giant, and Shipwrecked. Let the Mega-Basing begin. 
- Some kind of mob based on pigs that refused civilization or became corrupted, perhaps by nightmare fuel. 
- Signs of the pugalisk having killed and eaten pigpeople, like skeletons and rot. 
- Fleshing out of the Ant Queen. She needs to be a big threat. 
- Charlie showing up. Even as just a cameo or shadow. Something showing she's there and she's planning something bigger. 
- Hints towards whatever content might come after it. 
- More ways to get gears. Maybe mant drones occasionally collect them, maybe they show up in dung piles, maybe a few hide under rocks. 

10 hours ago, Szczuku said:

-Full moon. Why aren't pigs turning feral? I thought that was the thing they were known for. I know that most pigs go into their homes but guards don't. Make guards turn into werepigs. And if yo really don't want to do this then give them a special animation where they drink some sort of potion or something like that Also some environment changes like in RoG

Actually I think this is lore related. "Our" constant pigs may either have been eating too much monster meat, or are cursed by something. Also notice that the pig king doesn't change, so there must be something lore-related to it.

1 hour ago, TurtleKitty said:

- Pig costumes, mainly for Webber but other characters might get easier stealing bonus from them too. 
- A way to distract pigs to steal from them, which will obviously need good items to craft but be worth it. 

- This was confirmed by devs, so that's gonna be cool.
https://forums.kleientertainment.com/forums/topic/96647-disguise-for-webber/?tab=comments#comment-1096784
Im hoping for Webber being able to befriend the spider gorillas, to make up for the fact that he will need a consumable to do what everyone else does for free, and the fact that spiders are nearly non-existant.
- I think if you wear the thief pig's hat, commit a felony, then Clark Kent your way into the city without the hat again, they will respect you and you will get no law consequences.

Things I'm hoping for:

- More interactions with the town other than selling things, like radiant mini quests.
- More DST quality of life mechanics implemented into DS, like smoldering, being able to pick items while holding something in the cursor, etc.

What I'd love but don't keep my hopes up:

- Dst's skins being useful in DS too.
- Some DST's character tweaks that are very useful, like making more than one abigail flower, maxwell's codex umbra and shadow minions functionality, Woodie's log meter showing when you are about to turn and how to prevent it if you want to (despite the fact that in DS the werebeaver is actually a powerful thing, but it would make it more clear to manage), etc.

30 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

Actually I think this is lore related. "Our" constant pigs may either have been eating too much monster meat, or are cursed by something. Also notice that the pig king doesn't change, so there must be something lore-related to it.

- This was confirmed by devs, so that's gonna be cool.
https://forums.kleientertainment.com/forums/topic/96647-disguise-for-webber/?tab=comments#comment-1096784
Im hoping for Webber being able to befriend the spider gorillas, to make up for the fact that he will need a consumable to do what everyone else does for free, and the fact that spiders are nearly non-existant.
- I think if you wear the thief pig's hat, commit a felony, then Clark Kent your way into the city without the hat again, they will respect you and you will get no law consequences.

Things I'm hoping for:

- More interactions with the town other than selling things, like radiant mini quests.
- More DST quality of life mechanics implemented into DS, like smoldering, being able to pick items while holding something in the cursor, etc.

What I'd love but don't keep my hopes up:

- Dst's skins being useful in DS too.
- Some DST's character tweaks that are very useful, like making more than one abigail flower, maxwell's codex umbra and shadow minions functionality, Woodie's log meter showing when you are about to turn and how to prevent it if you want to (despite the fact that in DS the werebeaver is actually a powerful thing, but it would make it more clear to manage), etc.

Makes sense if it is just the wild pigs turning and not the civil ones. But then a monster meat based way to werepig the town should happen. Like crafting a monster banquet and watching havoc reign. 

Saw that after my post, and I'm overjoyed. Please don't let the edgy "has 2b hardur nerf plz" people ruin this. Webber deserves better. 
Your idea for the thief disguise is great. You should post to one of the developers about it. 
Mini-quests would be cool. But it's kind of a tightrope to walk for proper balancing. 
I'd rather smoldering and plant disease not be mechanics. Or at least if they are have them in the world settings. 
Hamlet skins would be great. I think it would be easier for the ROG-SW-H worlds if it was just reskinned items to put on. 
Not sure about the DST character tweaks, but it could work. Especially wood meter. 
Does WX have poison immunity in Hamlet? If he doesn't he should. 

2 hours ago, ShadowDuelist said:

one of the devs said that the webber mask will be unbreakable so it may be a 1 and done senerio 

and webber can feed off scorps and bean bugs so i think the mask unbreakable mask would be enough to make him viable

Archived