Don't Starve reference in The Angry Birds Movie?

Be warned that this post contains SPOILERS for The Angry Birds Movie. If you haven't watched the movie yet, then avoid reading the rest of this post.

At around one hour and eighteen minutes into the movie, we see Red, the protagonist, and King Mudbeard, the antagonist, dangling from a chandelier. The chandelier eventually breaks off of the ceiling and falls through the several floors underneath. It falls through a storey with a pig carrying a stack of sandwiches. And in that scene, the audience gets to spot this Don't Starve reference:

Hamlet_reference_in_The_Angry_Birds_Movie.png.d0ee8731fe90f683d801d3cbb11a7e7b.png

This reveals that Don't Starve influenced the people behind the movie enough for them to include this reference to a Don't Starve DLC. If you don't believe me, the exact same thing happened in teaser trailer of The Predator (2018):

image.thumb.png.0de353fb2202e5869495074bb0228dd7.png

As I'm looking forward to the release of Hamlet, I'm also waiting for the 2019 release of The Angry Birds Movie 2. I really want to see Chuck again, he's such an incredible guy. Hopefully, they'll include another Don't Starve reference in the sequel. Maybe we might even get an Angry Birds reference for Hamlet in return?

9 minutes ago, JohnWatson said:

Be warned that this post contains SPOILERS for The Angry Birds Movie. If you haven't watched the movie yet, then avoid reading the rest of this post.

At around one hour and eighteen minutes into the movie, we see Red, the protagonist, and King Mudbeard, the antagonist, dangling from a chandelier. The chandelier eventually breaks off of the ceiling and falls through the several floors underneath. It falls through a storey with a pig carrying a stack of sandwiches. And in that scene, the audience gets to spot this Don't Starve reference:

Hamlet_reference_in_The_Angry_Birds_Movie.png.d0ee8731fe90f683d801d3cbb11a7e7b.png

This reveals that Don't Starve influenced the people behind the movie enough for them to include this reference to a Don't Starve DLC. If you don't believe me, the exact same thing happened in teaser trailer of The Predator (2018):

image.thumb.png.0de353fb2202e5869495074bb0228dd7.png

As I'm looking forward to the release of Hamlet, I'm also waiting for the 2019 release of The Angry Birds Movie 2. I really want to see Chuck again, he's such an incredible guy. Hopefully, they'll include another Don't Starve reference in the sequel. Maybe we might even get an Angry Birds reference for Hamlet in return?

very nice

You are aware that Hamlet is a well renowned play by William Shakespeare from 1609 right? Bear with me here, but it could just be a coincidence that there is a poster for a known theatrical play in the movie...

Edit: Oh crap I hope this isn't a spoof, that would make me look so dumb

Edit 2: This most likely is a spoof, I'm gonna go shamefully live in a cave for the rest of my life

No it's not confirmed. I have seen several times where tv-show characters talk about other tv-shows or games, books or whatever else it might be. Doesn't mean that they are working together.

It could be the case that someone that is working on the movie likes Don't Starve.

Archived