How much do you hate somebody that kick you in a public server?

11 hours ago, Corazon said:

Hate is a bad feeling. Don't hate anyone for so little.

Nah >:(

6 hours ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

You can hate your local idiot for making those nazi jokes in 8th grade.

not this.

Boi, but it’s annoying as ****

I mean, its so simple to make a private world, so why they dont make it? WHY????? :(

30 minutes ago, SmilePls said:

Nah >:(

Boi, but it’s annoying as ****

I mean, its so simple to make a private world, so why they dont make it? WHY????? :(

If you have a friend who wants to play with you and a friend of theirs but not of yours so you make it public...

I love how the tags on this thread are "hate" and "kick".  XD  Anyway...hate, nah.  More like annoyed.  Eye-rolling perhaps.  I once ran into a server that I thought was public and the second I got there everybody was like "EEEEWWWW, who's _that_?!"  "Kick the stranger."  "Get rid of it!"  (Yes.  It.)  I tried being helpful and they rudely kicked me off anyway, 'cos it was meant to be for only their friends.

So I was like, "Then why didn't you MAKE it for only your friends?!  There's a setting for that!" (in my head, not to them, I was already gone).  But that's the only incident like that I can think of right now.  Actually they did shut the whole server down right as I was being kicked, so it's possible the admin was going to do just that--fix the settings to make it friends-only.  (shrug)

...Notorious

54 minutes ago, CaptainChaotica said:

I love how the tags on this thread are "hate" and "kick".  XD  Anyway...hate, nah.  More like annoyed.  Eye-rolling perhaps.  I once ran into a server that I thought was public and the second I got there everybody was like "EEEEWWWW, who's _that_?!"  "Kick the stranger."  "Get rid of it!"  (Yes.  It.)  I tried being helpful and they rudely kicked me off anyway, 'cos it was meant to be for only their friends.

So I was like, "Then why didn't you MAKE it for only your friends?!  There's a setting for that!" (in my head, not to them, I was already gone).  But that's the only incident like that I can think of right now.  Actually they did shut the whole server down right as I was being kicked, so it's possible the admin was going to do just that--fix the settings to make it friends-only.  (shrug)

...Notorious

I understand ya, its really very annoying

Not gonna lie, i tend to kick people based off of names, if i feel it's going to be a toxic person or a griefer i kick. (Usually as they're loading in, i'll check their Steam profile as well.) But most people i let stay.

Sometimes i wanna be social, sometimes i don't, it's my server and if i want to kick at will i can. You can be butt hurt on another server. Lol.

25 minutes ago, CookieNinja81 said:

Not gonna lie, i tend to kick people based off of names, if i feel it's going to be a toxic person or a griefer i kick. (Usually as they're loading in, i'll check their Steam profile as well.) But most people i let stay.

Sometimes i wanna be social, sometimes i don't, it's my server and if i want to kick at will i can. You can be butt hurt on another server. Lol.

The ironic part about this is that by kicking people you think might be toxic, it makes you a toxic individual.

8 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

The ironic part about this is that by kicking people you think might be toxic, it makes you a toxic individual.

That's fine, i don't really care. LOL. I play for me, not anyone else. 

On 06/10/2018 at 6:37 PM, CookieNinja81 said:

You've probably already been kicked from it before. :p lmao.

On 06/10/2018 at 12:45 PM, Rosten said:

Could you tell me the name of your server so I don't have to waste my time with trying to join it :?

On 06/10/2018 at 2:48 AM, Sinister_Fang said:

Im sorry for being late to respond, I was afraid that this topic would be a civil war. But you gentleman prove to me I was wrong, even a discussion is healthy here. I know this is kinda random to say, but I have to because its so RARE to me, I was going to delete the post but its not needed at all

A tip to help avoid this is to stick only to dedicated servers unless you're playing with friends specifically.

A lot of people start up local servers for their friends and do this, so I find it a large waste of time to even go on non-dedicated at this point.

8 hours ago, SmilePls said:

Im sorry for being late to respond, I was afraid that this topic would be a civil war. But you gentleman prove to me I was wrong, even a discussion is healthy here. I know this is kinda random to say, but I have to because its so RARE to me, I was going to delete the post but its not needed at all

Just because people have opposing views, doesn't mean we can't have a nice discussion about it. :p 

To be fair, the biggest reason why i tend to kick people is because i get tired of having a decently made base, resources at the ready, then someone coming in to play only one time, taking pretty much enough to fill their inventory and backpack and then DC'ing never to be seen again. I more so just keep people that are talkative and know will play for a much longer time. (Usually add them on Steam.)

Can't agree more. I mean it's ok with me if being kicked cause public severs just have all kinds of players and u really don't expect much when joining some random server∠( ᐛ 」∠)_ but as a hoster u really should remember to use the settings if not expecting strangers or anyone for company. Trust me, kicking people is just annoying to both of you.

∠( ᐛ 」∠)_I once forgot and was totally panicked when someone entered. It just felt SO BAD when i rush into some random button to get him/her out and later found the guy being banned  (don't judge pls QAQ i was a nooby and just got no idea what todo)

不能更同意了、就其实自己被踢的话也还好、因为公开服务器真的是什么人都有、多碰到几个奇葩队友就会觉得被踢什么的根本就不是事orz,但是自己建主机真的还是要记得改设置,踢人什么的真的一言难尽...曾经还是个什么都不懂的孤儿萌新的时候服务器进来个人、当时吓得直接把那个兄弟ban了QAQ到现在想想都觉得很对不起那些年因为忘记改设定误入我的服然后被踢掉的朋友们...

7 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

That was a "nice" discussion? Seemed like a lot of "my way or the highway" and dismissal laughter to me...

Very, there was no name calling, i'll take that as a a "nice" conversation. Lol. 

Not really a my way or the highway, either way, it's a persons server, they can do as they please and control who comes into as they want; they don't have to make it password protected, they don't have to make it friends only, end of the day, it's entirely up to them on who they want to play with. I don't understand why that's such a hard concept to grasp.

Sometimes people want to be social and let people play, somtimes they don't and boot people. Everyone has their reasoning, just because it doesn't go with what you want doesn't make it wrong. 

:p

These who not closing servers for strangers and kicking them after joining plying kings in their little worlds, scum of community. On public voting is okay, if i am kicked by vote it means im not some how settle with another players there. but kicked buy some individual admin's scum who's cow not gave milk today good enough, (nothing good i cant tell here)

1 hour ago, CookieNinja81 said:

Not really a my way or the highway

Really?

On 10/6/2018 at 10:48 AM, CookieNinja81 said:

That's fine, i don't really care. LOL. I play for me, not anyone else. 

On 10/6/2018 at 1:18 AM, CookieNinja81 said:

Not gonna lie, i tend to kick people based off of names

I'm still getting the "my way or the highway" vibe from you.

1 hour ago, CookieNinja81 said:

either way, it's a persons server, they can do as they please and control who comes into as they want; they don't have to make it password protected, they don't have to make it friends only, end of the day, it's entirely up to them on who they want to play with. I don't understand why that's such a hard concept to grasp.

This whole discussion started over your use of kicking people for, seemingly, no reason. It's fine if you want to play a game for you, but in a multiplayer setting you have to at least respect others as well. Just kicking people because you think they might cause trouble is a bad way of handling things.

Archived