How to find the ruins?

In nut shell. Please help me find the ruins

Today I was playing Wolfgang. I started to like him more and more ( probably thanks to eddy rick ) Anyways. I got everything I needed and went to the ruins by day 4. Prepare to fight the unknown.( NOTE: I ever explore the ruins before ) I know the basic of the cave and what is needed. Once again thanks to eddy rick. Ok before I get side track. My friend was in the upper world doing his things. I went to the cave to start searching for the ruins. I literary explore the whole mumer flapping map to find nothing but empty hand. I was told the ruins useually lys by the light bulb. Which I found but there’s no ruins. I don’t have the screen shoot of the world map but gez. I need some tips on how to find it. 

22 minutes ago, Alarsin said:
  Hide contents

We don't swear on these forums.

Can you provide a screenshot of the map?

I don’t have the map. I just want to know how we are suppose to find the ruins. The cave is huge. It’s like a gamble when trying to find the ruins 

The Ruins are always connected to the muddy-light bulb biome. You have to explore all the corners of it. You know you're in the Ruins when you see lichen. That's really all there is. It might take a lot of time to find, everything depends on WorldGen.

Screenshot (81).png

8 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

One world I was in had ruins connected not to muddy light bulbs but blue mush forest

In very rare cases the ruins can branch out into other biomes, or other biomes branch out into the ruins. It's pretty rare though. In just about every case it's always connected to a muddy lightbulb biome in some way.

Just now, Sinister_Fang said:

In very rare cases the ruins can branch out into other biomes, or other biomes branch out into the ruins. It's pretty rare though. In just about every case it's always connected to a muddy lightbulb biome in some way.

yeah... the muddy lightbulb biome was connected the other way than the ruins in the blue mushtrees

4 hours ago, Alarsin said:

The Ruins are always connected to the muddy-light bulb biome. You have to explore all the corners of it. You know you're in the Ruins when you see lichen. That's really all there is. It might take a lot of time to find, everything depends on WorldGen.

Screenshot (81).png

I did as you told me. I did have success in it. I think I’m starting to get the hang of it.  I was doing bunch of ruin rushes with Wolfgang. I panic a lot. The cave is like a whole different world. I’m glad I decide to adventure out because I was alway scared of the cave.

26 minutes ago, landromat said:

slime turf, slime columns, lichen. It's the entrance to the ruins

Yeah I notice those when I went by it and keep going forward but I didn’t see monkeys that eddy rick fear so much

2 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Oh. I think that happen to me once. Maybe that’s why I was confused when I went to the light biome . I didn’t see the ruins. Once while playing wrigfrid. I randomly found the ruins by complete accident. 

While worldgen can have some hiccups and the muddy biome isn't always reliable, I have a method that works 100%: craft something every now and then (a torch, rope, whatever), and if you hear the "Working in the ruins" music, you found it!

But jokes apart, looking for the muddy light bulb biome is pretty reliable, just as the others said. ;)

There is no loop type of land in the caves. Your main mission is starting from one angle of the Polyhorns Land to the ruins one.

So the typical way to find ruins quickly is that going to the center of land first, then find the lichen biome. The ruins is linked to the lichen biome in certain. And the lichen biome is always connected with the muddy-light bulb biome. Besides, the muddy-light bulb biome is always the center of the whole map.

When you are in the lichen biome area, go to find some ruins scene and beware of the fake ruins entry. How fast you can find the ruins is based on your experience of the game-play length in average.

Well quite many people know ruins are connected to mud biome with light bulb.

But it is not. It is connected with mud biome without light bulbs. Similar like hutch spawn point, mud biome with tall stalagmite(rock)

is the connected part of ruins before lichen zone.

2 hours ago, Altari said:

Well quite many people know ruins are connected to mud biome with light bulb.

But it is not. It is connected with mud biome without light bulbs.

is the connected part of ruins before lichen zone.

That is actually the start of ruins before Worldgen places lichen , i think the lichen is moved further because Worldgen is trying no to mess up and spawn non-ruins lichen.

Otherwise there was a huge willow and burned the lightbulbs OR 

8 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

18 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

In DS, the wilds biome was never found in the caves shard, only the ruins shard. So it's not just "generally" part of the ruins, it is in fact part of the ruins as a whole. 

I knew wilds biome is a part of ruins 'cuz nightmare circle apply on it as well.

IMO, Usually when someone ask about the ruins, they meant the Ancient part of it mostly. In general you may say wilds biome is a part of ruins. That's right and always right. But in game playing, lots of area of wilds biome are meanless land.

I thought this topic had the same intention as I said. so I differed the lichen biome from the Ancient part of ruins, 'cuz only the Ancient part of ruins was the interests most players had.

Therefore, broadly speaking the area which the ancient gateway can affect is the ruins. In a narrow sense, when player talk about ruins or how to find it, they mean the Ancient part of ruins mostly, it's include the Maze but exclude the Atrium. 

Archived