Infinite Pwater Petty Way [No Clickbait]

I feel this is petty. They can't stop washing their hands!!! OCD? I mean Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.

petty_pwater.gif.b13b1ca7d48ec3889634493446a6d967.gif

I never cared about germ too much, so I wasn't really aware that dupes will wash their hands when they have surface germ.

And here, if they pass a sink when they have any surface germ (food poisoning or slime), they will wash their hands.

I was using slime with a little bit of slimelung germs on it. Disinfect was disabled, since I wanted slimelung to stay alive.

Setup Details

Priority of loader, receptacle and compactors are

====47====

=5======6=

left auto sweeper cannot reach loader on the right, right auto sweeper cannot reach receptacle on the left. This is minimum distance you can get between compactors for a sink to work.

I put loader next to receptacle cuz i think rails speed is kinda slow.

Downside

Besides taking a lot of dupes' time, some slimelung as surface germ will slowly enter dupes' system, and lower their immune system. But I have more than 1 dupe xD. Also I learnt when a dupe has a slimelung inside his body, making sure he doesn't have surface slimelung can help him recover faster.

Other Benefit

Running on manual generator can train dupes' athlete, but this, this can train dupes' strength. Eventually one pair of auto sweepers won't be able to catch up with dupes' speed lmao.

7 minutes ago, PhailRaptor said:

That's actually pretty ingenious.  Use the Door to limit it to a single Dupe, and shut off the system with a Clock Sensor set for their Work hours.  Make it the reason for existing for a given Dupe.

you are evil, door + clock reminds me of capitalism. But I like that idea.

Oh and image after 100 cycles his strength is super high, and come out like a green hulk. Green cuz of you know... lmao.

10 minutes ago, Saturnus said:

I can think of another down side which was mentioned last time this idea was posted. Washing hands creates 5kg of polluted water and takes 10 seconds. So that's 200g per second so not terribly effective.

you just found another petty thing about it.

@Saturnus wait, 5kg in 10 seconds, it's 500g/s not 200g/s.

I also went back into game and timed their action with a stop watch for many laps, averagely, their hand washing takes 5 sec.

16 minutes ago, goatt said:

you just found another petty thing about it.

@Saturnus wait, 5kg in 10 seconds, it's 500g/s not 200g/s.

I also went back into game and timed their action with a stop watch for many laps, averagely, their hand washing takes 5 sec.

Did the amount of water also change? Last time the exact same idea was posted the poster noted that it was a waste of time because it was only 200g/s. If it's 1kg/s then it's actually worth doing. Sometimes it's good to revisit old ideas to see if something has changed.

12 minutes ago, Saturnus said:

Did the amount of water also change? Last time the exact same idea was posted the poster noted that it was a waste of time because it was only 200g/s. If it's 1kg/s then it's actually worth doing. Sometimes it's good to revisit old ideas to see if something has changed.

I don't know what do you mean by water change? I just know it was working none stop like in gif. Maybe you remembered it wrong, since it's really old I guess. When I tried to find such a post in this forum i didn't find anything. If you really wanna know for sure, you might wanna do your own test on this "old" idea.

24 minutes ago, Saturnus said:

Spoiler

public const string ID = "WashSink";

public const int DISEASE_REMOVAL_COUNT = 120000;

public const float WATER_PER_USE = 5f;

public const int USES_PER_FLUSH = 40;

public const float WORK_TIME = 5f;

Yes, it's 5 kg in 5 sec ( 1 kg/s)

16 minutes ago, goatt said:

If you really wanna know for sure, you might wanna do your own test on this "old" idea.

Can't be bothered to be honest. Showers already create enough for me and give a morale bonus when used but it'd be nice to be able to make the dupes do two showers per dupe when extra polluted water production is needed. Especially since showers don't cut into work hours.

It's nice to know regardless.

I was the one who tried this. Ended up getting around 400 g/s, but my design wasn't optimised for 100% uptime and I also factored food, break and sleep time into the output (by measuring total output over a couple cycles). That can obviously be improved.

The problem here isn't the amount of polluted water, it's that for most colonies, the only reason I've ever encountered to bulk-produce polluted water is to sieve it for dirt. And a sieve can convert 5kg/s to clean water, with a dirt output of only 200 g/s.

Even if you could somehow get one of these running with full up-time (1kg/s p.water), it wouldn't even produce enough dirt for a mere 5 sleet wheat plants (4.8, specifically). Not even enough to feed 2 dupes.

@QuQuasar xD hi. I see what you were trying to do. What’s the sand to Pdirt conversion rate? You really did try everything to get dirt huh? 

I was just goofing around game mechanism, and had to create this lol. Since my Mac can’t handle late game, I can only do this instead. 

18 minutes ago, 0xFADE said:

Oh that is like a torture device.  I've heard of using bathroom dupes with a lot of bathroom breaks.  You create extra polluted water out of a toilet.

lmao that is torturous. I wonder if there is a way to force them to use bathroom when bladder is less than 100% full.

18 minutes ago, goatt said:

lmao that is torturous. I wonder if there is a way to force them to use bathroom when bladder is less than 100% full.

There is. Using the revolutionary tech of scheduling bathtime at least a half cycle before the next can get you to have dupes that use the bathroom at like 49% full or something like that

Archived