Im so mad at this game now.....

Damn. Today its like worst day in my life i got so pissed at this game it automatically regenerated i died in dumb way in one dragonfly fight so i made rollback, so i went for second away i know it takes time to rollingback so when i came back you know what. I saw this ******* character choosing screene and my 1000+ day map was lost everything i worked hard on is lost now bec of dumb clitches and what makes me pissed so much is the automatical regeneration when you die like in public map its normal but when talking of your own map where you put lot time and all just gets lost by dumb game clitches. Checked for answer if there is possible to get it back and looks like no. I quit playing this damn game..... WHAT A WASTE OF TIME IT WAS ALL THIS!

Well, I can't say i don't understand the frustration, but I also know the number 1 rule in DST: if you have to pee, close the map. 

In RoG there is no need because you can pause, but yeah... 

I agree with the fact that your OWN worlds shouldn't be reset automatically. 

You probably did "regenarate world" instead of "roll back", it happened to me once and I was like crap. I never heard of automatic reset though :/ you usually  have like 2 min as a ghost when every one is dead in a server, even your own ?!? Im a bit lost with what happen to you, but i send you my sympathie for your world :( it truly sucks.

15 minutes ago, Warlockadamm said:

You probably did "regenarate world" instead of "roll back", it happened to me once and I was like crap. I never heard of automatic reset though :/ you usually  have like 2 min as a ghost when every one is dead in a server, even your own ?!? Im a bit lost with what happen to you, but i send you my sympathie for your world :( it truly sucks.

I think it was like that, when i did rollback when i died so after that i left for minute. When i came back it was whole new world with character list i think it stuck on loading screene and so the regeneration clock still ticked to end and so it deleted my world and made new one. And when i checked who had the same thing and i found some people who had that same issue

And what i mostly mean about that Klei should remove regeneration timer from your own worlds. Like why the heck is that even there? I mean in public world its okai but in your own map thats just stupid.

Whining that you lost a world in survival/base building game where permadeath is the main feature is childish. To get angry at that is to get angry at the core concept of the game. Perhaps you're better suited for a less challenging game. Also I never roll back, it's cheating and makes it so you're less likely to learn from your mistakes

On 9/23/2018 at 3:19 PM, Josonic said:

Also I never roll back, it's cheating and makes it so you're less likely to learn from your mistakes

Rollback isn't cheating in any way, shape or form. It is a feature in DST put in by the developers themselves, if you choose not to use it that is fine. Also most players learn from their mistakes regardless of rollback being in the game.

Now if you played DS when it first came out it had a glitch that resembles what rollback is in DST, where you killed the power to your system at the moment of death, and provided you didn't fry your system you would load the game up and be back at your last autosave. Now that was cheating, even Klei must have thought so as they patched it out. However it wouldn't surprise me if that is where they got the idea of rollback from.

On 9/23/2018 at 12:13 PM, NorthicaN said:

And what i mostly mean about that Klei should remove regeneration timer from your own worlds. Like why the heck is that even there? I mean in public world its okai but in your own map thats just stupid.

The only thing i can suggest is try one of the other modes, i play only Wilderness on my servers so that i never need anyone elses help and the world regenerating is impossible unless i physically choose it. Just a thought.

13 hours ago, Rogueagent01 said:

Rollback isn't cheating in any way, shape or form. It is a feature in DST put in by the developers themselves, if you choose not to use it that is fine. Also most players learn from their mistakes regardless of rollback being in the game.

Now if you played DS when it first came out it had a glitch that resembles what rollback is in DST, where you killed the power to your system at the moment of death, and provided you didn't fry your system you would load the game up and be back at your last autosave. Now that was cheating, even Klei must have thought so as they patched it out. However it wouldn't surprise me if that is where they got the idea of rollback from.

The only thing i can suggest is try one of the other modes, i play only Wilderness on my servers so that i never need anyone elses help and the world regenerating is impossible unless i physically choose it. Just a thought.

Saddly i have to tell you it happened in PS4 not PC what is another problem where arent mods nor anything

And i already started all over trying to get back where i was. Still it hurt so much bec it happened with me 3th time i lost my map like that.

3 hours ago, NorthicaN said:

And i already started all over trying to get back where i was. Still it hurt so much bec it happened with me 3th time i lost my map like that.

That was me almost a year ago. Loss is always hard in this game and it takes some time to get over. I just hit 1000 days again last night (which I'll post about later), and it's my best world yet. Take a break from the game for a little while and come back on a rainy day. When you start playing again you'll think less and less of your old ****ty world and fall in love with the new one. 

This post also doubles as relationship advice apparently...

14 hours ago, NorthicaN said:

Saddly i have to tell you it happened in PS4 not PC what is another problem where arent mods nor anything

I'm not sure what this is talking about, i assumed your on PS4 as this is the PS4 section. Like i said my only suggestion was to try one of the other modes, i feel for you and at the same time i don't, as everytime you start a new world it'll end up being better than the previous ones.

On 9/27/2018 at 5:57 AM, Misa22 said:

It is obvious that, if he previously got to day 1000, he doesn't really need any handicapped mode. 

He just doesn't understand why your OWN worlds have reset timer, and i think he is right, there shouldn't be any. 

There are no handicapped modes, and the reset timer is a function of that particular mode, same as rollback is a function within all modes. They are there because the devs wanted them in there, we are on console so you have no choice but to play the hand that was dealt. PC players have the option to rig "the hand" with the use of mods, that is if they want to .

15 minutes ago, Rogueagent01 said:

There are no handicapped modes, and the reset timer is a function of that particular mode, same as rollback is a function within all modes. They are there because the devs wanted them in there, we are on console so you have no choice but to play the hand that was dealt. PC players have the option to rig "the hand" with the use of mods, that is if they want to .

I disagree. Of course that being able to respawn in the portal is a handicap. 

The game has a variety of extra lives for you to use, but you have to spend resources on them. Not having to worry about resources on a game that is about "using resources to avoid death" sounds like a handicap to me. 

I see what your saying, i still don't believe it to be a handicapped mode, but more of a casual mode. Thats also why i prefer wilderness as there are no extra lives, though there are also infinite extra lives, lol, at least your punished for death albeit a small punishment. Death also doesn't mean time for a new server, which i prefer. 

Yeah, i understood your point. 

The game itself doesn't really change in wilderness, but i guess i am way too used to the way you resurrect in vanilla and now in DST where finally life giving amulets have a real cool use. I am sure to always have one on my inventory, outside the backpack, and some spreaded around tactical location. 

But then again, that is my preference. I am also the kind of guy that never messes with the world generation parameters, but i don't think there is anything bad with turning off wild fires or making hounds less frequent. 

I dind't want to sound like "THE GAME HAS TO BE PLAYED LIKE THIS, OR YOU ARE NOT A GOOD PLAYER". It is just a game that you play to have fun. 

When you write in a forum, you cannot really make your "tone" clear lol. 

No problem i didn't really feel like you were trying to be like that. Like you said tone, sarcasm and in some cases even context are difficult to convey in text.

Myself i have messed around with the parameters quite a bit to see what i like. I've found i prefer wildfires & disease off and i usually extend spring & fall. And i have had players tell me, "oh this is easy mode", and i kindly let them know there are other servers you can go to. I have never felt there is a right or wrong way to play this game, it is 100% up to the host. The devs went out of their way to give players the ability to customize the game to any level they see fit, and that to me is what i love about the game. 

Uhg, disease... I (and i am sure that everyone else too) used to like making a zone for twigs and grass in my base, but now you just sometimes lose a couple bushes here and there, or grass spawns gekkos and you lose the grass bush itself. 

I love gekkos though, i like to have another mob at my base to take care of, but yeah, disease destroys the cool symmetry of your base D:

To fight disease, i dig up every sapling and planted stuff every 50 days or during winter, since you don't really need them planted during that season. Yeah, sure, deserts are a thing, but lately i have been playing kinda "caves only" and i don't really have the option to harvest tumbleweeds. 

Archived