Dupes running glitched?

3 minutes ago, Bomato said:

Experienced the same issue. It only affected some dupes, where they just run on the spot. The next day, everything was ok again.

it just keeps happening, it's as if they have a delay timer while running to stop.. it just makes everything slow

This happened to me too. They would run in place until work was over. I discovered that for me it was that the dupe was try to auto wrangle something that was either out of range or behind exosuits that had no power. I turned off auto-wrangle to that area and the dupe stopped running in place.

This was discussed here about a week or two before. It is most likely performance issue of the game. One thread does the simulation, and other does the task / movement assignment. This happens when you have more dupes + critters than your PC can handle. 

When I copied my base from my antique laptop to work Mac, it disappeared. Also when I noticed this bug, I could order glitched dupe to go somewhere, they would do it and then resume "running".

50 minutes ago, RonEmpire said:

the other glitch I found was them trying to sheer something. they just stand frozen.

It`s been there since Cosmic Upgrade or even earlier. It`s just the animation glitching. Another example is after ad dupe uses the Neural vasiciliatator (whatever that`s spelled). They slide while being very happy until they have to jump or use a ladder.

Yeah, I've had that happen in my current game.  I wasn't sweeping regolith at the time, but building bunker doors.  Didn't notice it happening until I'd breached the surface.  Other oddity I noticed while I was bunkering the sky... the areas where biomes had been exposed to vac, the gasses never quite ever make it to hard vac.  Plenty of tiles in the mcg range, but not a one at vacuum.

Similarly, I've notiiced some oddities with the flow control on pipes when automated cut-offs are involved, but I'm pretty sure that's been bug reported already.  Just kinda frustrated to get flow cut in half as every blob stops one tick before turning down the pipe.  They don't do that with a bridge substituted for the cut-off... but I need the cut-off/valve there so I've gotten creative with "fixes" like double-piping with bridges between the cut-off and the main pipe.  Yeah, I still get half-rate... but it's half-rate for two pipes I join right before the cut-off so it's just ghetto full rate. . =\

Archived