Gasy Moo & GasGrass struggles

So, the adventure of owning and feeding cows has begun. After multiple struggles getting liquid chlorine and stabilizing the temperature in the gas grass room, wich needs to be in contact with a glass wall ~ 300C in order to have sunlight, but must not be above 75C where plants are growing, while also filling the room with oxygen since chlorine does not allow light to freely pass, after finally growing some gas grass, i just thought my problems are over, bait the moo via lure trap with gas grass and move it whenever i please. But no, tho it says it can be captured by a critter lure, it seems he only eats gas grass directly from a grown plant, so there s no way i can capture him. I did managed to squeeze one of them from my rockets into the desired room wich i then made right by it, but now it seems even harder to manage given the fact that it s right near the rockets so big temperatures around. I understand this is early stage and i love the new update as an overall, hopefully it will change and we will be able to lure them. If i am missing something hit me with your info :D

that's not the only issue, if you don't have a chlorine geyser you are pretty much screwed 'cause there is no way to obtain chlroine, pufts are useless since they consume more. I have 3 cool steam geysers and 3 naturals gas geysers on my map seed and yet no chlroine geyser. I just max pressure my storage rooms and drecko farm with all the chlroine i can get

2 minutes ago, jfc said:

that's not the only issue, if you don't have a chlorine geyser you are pretty much screwed 'cause there is no way to obtain chlroine, pufts are useless since they consume more. I have 3 cool steam geysers and 3 naturals gas geysers on my map seed and yet no chlroine geyser. I just max pressure my storage rooms and drecko farm with all the chlroine i can get

This whole grass/moo setup is just a convoluted way of converting your useless chlorine into nat gas. I'd choose the 3 nat gas geysers any day :p

3 hours ago, Djoums said:

This whole grass/moo setup is just a convoluted way of converting your useless chlorine into nat gas. I'd choose the 3 nat gas geysers any day :p

I know, right? You want to make liquid chlorine to produce NG?  Do you need power that bad?  Just electrolyze water for h2.  Heck, I think the steam gen might be better and that thing is useless.

4 minutes ago, chemie said:

I know, right? You want to make liquid chlorine to produce NG?  Do you need power that bad?  Just electrolyze water for h2.  Heck, I think the steam gen might be better and that thing is useless.

It's still a feature you get locked out of. If you don't have a hydrogen vent, you can still generate through the electrolyzer, chlorine is the only element you cannot obtain without a vent 

6 hours ago, AggresiveWES said:

But no, tho it says it can be captured by a critter lure

I think the lure wasn`t updated with the bait for moos. But i think they`re capturable the same way shinebugs are. Put a critter dropoff with no critters set but with auto wrangle checked. A rancher should capture the moo so you can move it.

5 hours ago, Hegemone said:

Why not use two layers of glass with a single tile of vacuum between? That would prevent heat transfer from above.

yup this is how i ended up doing it because of what you already said, and temperature seems managable, issue is it might get below -100 as the nulifier gets to -170 so it might solidify the chlorine at one point, but still heating the area up should never be an issue in space. Here are 2 screens w temperature overlays with my 2 gasmoo room attempts if anyone wants to handle cows.

@sasza i don't know that method, can they wrangle critters even if we don't have that option when we click on them? ill try it out.

gasgrass1.jpg

gassmoo1.jpg

1 hour ago, AggresiveWES said:

nulifier gets to -170 so it might solidify the chlorine at one point

I think the nullifier stops working if gas around it liquifies regardless of temperature but only if it touches the nullifier.

1 hour ago, AggresiveWES said:

can they wrangle critters even if we don't have that option when we click on them?

It works on shinebugs and pufts so probably should work also on the moo. It just needs to be in a room with a dropoff and the dropoff set to not accept the critter type and auto wrangle enabled. All critters not accepted are auto wrangled (except morbs) and you can move them away. It`s the best way to get rid of a random shinebug in your hatch ranch without killing it.

51 minutes ago, Sasza22 said:

I think the nullifier stops working if gas around it liquifies regardless of temperature but only if it touches the nullifier.

IIRC the AETN will stop just before it liquefies the gas it is in unless the gas liquefies after its max temp. so it will not liquefy the chlorine it is with unless a gas that can be cooler is present, although i may just be talking cow...

8 hours ago, goatt said:

Honestly i think they should let map generation spawn at least one chlorine geyser by default for the new update

There is a 50/50 on each map that one of your guaranteed exposed Geysers will be Chlorine.  In the Caustic Biome, it will roll as either a NatGas, or a Chlorine.  On top of this, the map's random bricked over Geysers can also roll Chlorine.

Archived