[Game Update] - 283915

4 hours ago, Cheerio said:

Reservoirs are now sealed so that their contents no longer interact with their surroundings.

Can you elaborate?

Most people on this tread thinks this means we can no longer kill germs in reservoirs surrounded in chlorine but I checked my build from another post and slimelung is still dying off in the reservoirs

20180830211620_1.thumb.jpg.439aa234f423112eb7cf0eb489ee3cc3.jpg

2 hours ago, SamLogan said:

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!!!!

Ok, now the reservoirs are definitively totaly useless. :(

They still serve nicely as buffers that do not need additional power.

5 hours ago, Cheerio said:
  • Reservoirs are now sealed so that their contents no longer interact with their surroundings.

Sigh.

Reservoirs offgassing would have enabled a number of interesting builds. But as-is... they are rather bleh. And feel like yet another step in the seemingly-perpetual tick-tock of "add a simple-but-ineffectual-grindy-or-micromanagey 'alternative' to something people do" / "remove something people make complex builds to do".

I do not enjoy straight grindyness. I do not enjoy micromanagement. I do enjoy emergent gameplay - complex behavior arising from simple interactions. I do enjoy making ridiculously-complicated questionably-useful constructs.

ONI has this... but it seems like Klei desperately wants this game to not be this. And this saddens me...

• Like 3

On 8/30/2018 at 4:32 PM, Tobruk said:

Have everyone here forgot that there is this super mysterious way of decontaminating called heating/cooling? Maybe... just maybe they want to keep it the only way to decontaminate?

Then why does chlorine exist anyway? Half the people here vent it into space.