Map Generation Fails

Hi there,

Topic is simple : just share the most beautiful/frustrating/nonsensical map generation fails you've encountered and find comfort and relief with other members in the same situation as you. Because we all know how devastating it can be to find that the only NatGas Geyser of your map did not appeared because a PoI just spawned on top of it...

20180829171455_1.thumb.jpg.ee78f7b50262a3ae4cb483af529ced78.jpg

(not to mention that I had to deconstruct the security door because it spawned on top of abyssalite blocks and refused to open otherwise)

On 8/29/2018 at 7:13 PM, Dracian said:

Hi there,

Topic is simple : just share the most beautiful/frustrating/nonsensical map generation fails you've encountered and find comfort and relief with other members in the same situation as you. Because we all know how devastating it can be to find that the only NatGas Geyser of your map did not appeared because a PoI just spawned on top of it...

20180829171455_1.thumb.jpg.ee78f7b50262a3ae4cb483af529ced78.jpg

(not to mention that I had to deconstruct the security door because it spawned on top of abyssalite blocks and refused to open otherwise)

What happened here? I'm trying to understand, but my game knowledge might be insufficient?

There is nothing on the neutronium block, is there? What spawned there that prevented the NatGas geyser? Halp, I'm feeling dumb.

16 minutes ago, Ellilea said:

What happened here? I'm trying to understand, but my game knowledge might be insufficient?

There is nothing on the neutronium block, is there? What spawned there that prevented the NatGas geyser? Halp, I'm feeling dumb.

IIRC thats 3 sets of ruins and the middle one has lost its AETN, but don't quote me on that i deleted all ruins

nevermind on closer look His Natural gas Vent is not there, on the right hand side XD

I was out looking for a different LC maybe better flora, water, whatev's... Stumbled on this guy. Down in the oil biome is a mess. At some point the heat from below could in theory reach the home biome. The abyssalite is heavily compromised, and although the entire map is not at risk, it may get a bit warm. Two shoulder bands should contain the fury...

capture_09022018_211143.jpg

capture_09022018_211153.jpg

I would love to see someone play this, I am so curious what the buried POI's are.

Just found this guy, the seed looks neat, but, one tile of obsidian separates you and free water here, love this set-up. But the map has enormous open chambers of nothing but gas throughout, mixed feelings about that. I thought I had a closer shot of the steam vent.

capture_09032018_111514.thumb.jpg.2bd9c4c4f6d97a734c980082a42a1492.jpgcapture_09032018_111452.thumb.jpg.13c30b002c2ace802962bd21edbb9f4e.jpg

And I did not know this thing actually loads into the game working and charged.

capture_09032018_104437.thumb.jpg.09ab825c9e977ac825eee483d07bf4df.jpgcapture_09032018_104525.thumb.jpg.0d7767c5491bd5cc3716626385b57557.jpg

A decent cheat source for refined copper.

8 hours ago, Ellilea said:

That chamber on the lower right with the chaos of mixed gases is supposed to be the Caustic Biome's template for the exposed NatGas Vent.  But the Ice Biome ruins template, containing 3 sections from the Vending Machine on the left, through the Steel Ladder in the middle, up to the Vascillator on the right, was placed with at least 1 tile on top of the Vent.  This deleted the Vent when placing the Ruins.

5 hours ago, BlueLance said:

Well, thats a pretty interesting one Neotuck!

Probably doesn't count as a "fail" map but it is interesting

There's a slush geyser near the start location too.  Add that to the two steam vents and this is a good map for players who don't want to worry about water or heat

7 hours ago, Slvrsrfr said:

don't think this AETN will be useable. This map has some of the best starter flora i've seen, around 30 plant nodes. A twitch player had this.capture_09192018_064249.thumb.jpg.3a73866f690db62dfd32560857be9c37.jpg

You should be able to deconstruct everything except the big chandalier and the lunch table.  So it will take quite a bit longer to set up, but should work just fine after that.

Unless maybe the Gravitas door isn't?

Archived