31 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

Why is it NOT replacing sources like 

Reveal hidden contents

Turf - Gekko

Sapling - Twiggy Tree

Normal - Juicy

Disease Free

because it just destroys most of the sources ( ehm ehm berries ehm ehm )

Wat8.jpg.a163cf7bd21447f5a93f749d2e7c7d98.jpg.4c20ee91ed25383192a17b5ab15d4276.jpg.296be0b4e4b69d1c84da8a0af25ee1b6.jpg

Spoiler

(Sorry, I couldn't resist)

24 minutes ago, Lumina said:

I do agree i dislike the feeling of limited resource gone forever. I limit transplant because of this, but it would be nice to have options at least. Like, being able to cure diseased plants, for example.

Yeah or atleast the resources respawning ...

I don't forget anything, i dislike when things in limited amount disappear. It's true for sapling, tuft, or even stuff like turf : most of them aren't renewable, i hate burning them as fuel, for example. I'm not saying it's purely rational, but i prefer way to save things in my world when possible.

Endless servers do slowly regrow lost plants. However, it would be nice to have a mechanic in survival games in which when the server detects that some plant got diseased, the game will grow another of that plant somewhere randomly in the world, an in game year later.

This would make long running games better in terms of diseased plants, without having to rely on endless.

Im not so sure how to make a turf regrowth mechanic that is not exploitable, maybe being able to craft more turf types with renewable ingredients?

I don't understand the point of disease anymore. It used to work as a mechanic to kill off a resource when chancing resources came into effect. But they changed how resource variants work now, and kept disease. So I guess it's purpose now is to kill off non-renewable resources? Or to encourage the use of twiggy trees and grass gekkos (both are usually more efficient anyway, so there's not much point in pushing players to these options)? Either way, it just seems like a relic of an outdated mechanic.

Resource swapping was annoying but it was guaranteeing a steady income of plants. The current mechanic makes gradually older DST worlds with default settings losing grass (disease and killing geckos by meteors and tall birds). The classic world setting don't even offer tumbleweeds.

ShadowDuelists idea is good. A new method for preventing disease or rescueing ill plants would be nice, too, like a new turf or pesticide.

8 hours ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

at rate of? how did you learn?

Honestly, I'm not sure. Back in the day (that's a long time ago) in endless and wilderness mode, world regrowth would continue to spawn new berry bushes, even if the originally spawned ones were still alive.

Proof:

Spoiler

This was corrected in a patch (also, a long long time ago) but I assume that both wilderness and endless do still have some sort of regrowth attached to berry bushes, grass, twig plants, etc. I'm not so great at checking the code to confirm or deny this, so maybe a little help from code mages such as @DarkXero can help?

I had a normal world with default settings and wiped all the resources and items. I mean really all of them. Can confirm that trees, sapplings, twiggy trees, grass, flint and berry bushes respawn slowly. (Those are which I noticed, mushroom probably too. However my wold had no juicy berries.)

I did this a while ago, last month. I had a small world with edited worldgen to make the world really small, like 3 biomes only.

After wiping all the rescources, they started to regrow slowly. World settings all default.

Archived