Pufft Farms

Been trying to search around to see if anybody has a Pufft farm  (egg sorter) design and haven't found any yet.

The problem with Pufft Farms is that when they drop their eggs,  the Dense and Sneaky eggs need to be taken out and redirected to the right environment, and vice versa for Dense and Sneaky farm area.

I suppose you could just have an algae farm with a mixed gas and mixed pufft and simply just pump out the oxygen and the chlorine but that's kind of a waste probably.

Anybody have a Pufft Morph farm set up that sorts their eggs out?

59 minutes ago, tove96 said:

@BlueLance You can wrangle pufts??

45 minutes ago, Kabrute said:

afaik only the babies

The critter drop off will wrangle anything, tamed or wild as long as the population exceed the value you have put in. or the Species.

Just now, FutureJohny said:

I use "auto wrangle" in my drecko farm. It works just fine.

What I am strugling with however is not Normal / Dense /Squaky filtering, but how to keep just single prince with multiple others pufts without manual interaction.

I tend to just leave the pufts to regulate the puft princes on their own, Squeaky pufts will lay squeaky eggs and eventually a puft prince egg, the puft prince will live long enough to boost the squeaky pufts egg laying etc again before it dies, then eventually another puft prince will be born etc. Very rarely do i end up with more than 1 puft prince, but i do sweep away half of my eggs

22 minutes ago, BlueLance said:

The critter drop off will wrangle anything, tamed or wild as long as the population exceed the value you have put in. or the Species.

I tend to just leave the pufts to regulate the puft princes on their own, Squeaky pufts will lay squeaky eggs and eventually a puft prince egg, the puft prince will live long enough to boost the squeaky pufts egg laying etc again before it dies, then eventually another puft prince will be born etc. Very rarely do i end up with more than 1 puft prince, but i do sweep away half of my eggs

I use 3 room setup with dreckos. Ranch, hatchery, slaughterhouse. Ranches have set number of critters with prio 9 and sweepers for the eggs. Hatchery has number set to 0 prio 9 and all eggs are dropped there. Slaughterhouse has number to max and prio 8 and is flooded every night.

This works flawlesly, but only as long as you handle single type of critter per ranch.

I made a small puft farm recently. If i set the dropoff to acept only pufts and puft princes and enable auto wrangle the squeaky and dense pufts will be wrangled at the dropoff so i can move them wherever i need. Apparently they can`t wrangle the baby pufts beacause they waited for them to be fully grown but they won`t starve to death before that so it`s ok.

10 hours ago, GnyoR said:

How about just use 3 conveyor loader with 3 different critter egg settings?

Might be able to use just 2 belts.  one going to the left and one going to the right.     even if you dropped off wrong egg - the arm should just reload the egg back and it will end up to the final destination going to the right. or left.

Archived