So I have this rather sickly duplicant..

image.thumb.png.2acd1ec070055c4bee820810bd3a823a.png

She will get slimelung soon, which in a sterile colony is not a fun thing.

Any solutions? She regenerates total -4%.

I read about hypothermia therapy? How efficient is it?

Does it require a pharma chamber or is normal medbed enough?

3 minutes ago, tzionut said:

Medbed urgent, if you have a pharma chamber use it, and prioritize the aid jobs for all the duplicant. If she got slimelung, will be unavailable for 4 cycle minimum whit aid, 10 , 12 if you don't prioritize aid.

her condition is much more severe.. she has miserable immunity and biohazardous, she is impossible to keep above 0% immunity by normal means. The question is, can it be done by any means.. I'm not willing to feed her vitamin chews..

If vitamins are not option, pharma chamber is only "legit" solution. Using hypothermia means getting her frozen before her imunity drops to 0% and she gets slimelung from the air. Then she will suffer standard hypothermia but once cured, she gets about 10% boost for few cycles.

If she doesn`t contact any germs at all she`ll remain healthy at 0% immunity. But then just one germ will make her sick. Only way out is to make some vitamin chews, best to allow only her to eat them. It should stabilise her condition.

1 minute ago, Sevio said:

Out of curiosity, what made you choose a duplicant with biohazardous when you were playing on vulnerable immune systems with no regeneration?

flatulent and bottomless stomach options. Easiest would have been to reload. But also, curiosity.

I almost always ooze the dupes from the printing pod unless a combination comes along with an acceptable negative trait and no bad positive trait (such as foodie or interior decorator) and some decent points in strength and/or learning.

Unfortunately, that also has the effect that I could end up at cycle 100 and still only have 4 dupes.

Yeah but I accept all dupes whenever The printer is on. This is The only way to build a challenge into ONI.

She caught hypothermia, then slimelung, when Hypo healed slimelung Also Timed out. So she was out for half a cycle. After she regenned immunity to 9%.

I guess its a bug. Feeding her 1 balm Lily / 50kg coal costs me practically nothing but The micro Part is a nuisance, so she Will get chews & she Will Be My last biohazardous / miserable.

19 minutes ago, Yoma_Nosme said:

She's your scientist it would be a real loss losing her. Try to build some doors that keep her inside the base. Or at least far from any contamination. 

All My dups are scientist first for +2 learning, she is absolutely worthless, like most dups.

But The hive grows, and The hive thrives.

18 hours ago, Carnis said:

flatulent and bottomless stomach options. Easiest would have been to reload. But also, curiosity.

I would have picked the bottomless stomach.  With a biohazardous miserable dupe, you will have to keep the base much cleaner than you ever can with absolute certainty.  Also, it becomes harder to check if something has gone wrong in your disease containment.

Yeah but I accept all dupes whenever The printer is on. This is The only way to build a challenge into ONI.

She caught hypothermia, then slimelung, when Hypo healed slimelung Also Timed out. So she was out for half a cycle. After she regenned immunity to 9%.

I guess its a bug. Feeding her 1 balm Lily / 50kg coal costs me practically nothing but The micro Part is a nuisance, so she Will get chews & she Will Be My last biohazardous / miserable.

Though "Accept every dupe" is my favorite challenge, there are others out there.  Some examples are "Colony of Opportunity," where you may only give dupes jobs that they are interested in and must promote them when able (the only exception is ranchers can be farm hands until they can be ranchers) and "That's not my job," where all tasks other than those necessary to complete their job are disabled (excluding combat, life support, care, and any other tasks not associated with any job).  There are a few discussions of these challenges in the Community Challenges Forum, though they are out of date.

Archived