"Best Strategies you use" conversation

Recently I've been using 4 schedules with Night Owl, Early bird dupes for the morning and evening schedules and then 2 different down times in the mid day for all other dupes. This way you can have leisure time and bath times divided between different schedules resulting in a lower need for facilities like toilets and stuff. This also means that you get work done 100% of a cycle which is a nice change of pace.

Hydrogen always go up, and carbon dioxide, Chlorine and natural gas always goes to the bottom, and they are trash in the main living area. 
I install a pump with filter at the bottom of the base to get rid of heavy gases, and a pump with automation sensors at the top to turn hydrogen into power.

Just make a triangle shaped ceiling to capture hydrogen generated by electrolyzer and have some gas tiles to allow free gas movement and there is no need to worry about electrolyzer placement or make complicated machinery for oxygen generation. 

12 hours ago, fredhp said:

Just make a triangle shaped ceiling to capture hydrogen generated by electrolyzer and have some gas tiles to allow free gas movement and there is no need to worry about electrolyzer placement or make complicated machinery for oxygen generation. 

But then you have to worry about your base getting heated by the 70oC gasses form the electrolyzers. Everything has pros and cons.

i try to use as little of the starting water as i can and pump it into holding tanks under my farm for easy farm cooling.

i run meal wood in the tier 2 grow plots and expand that into a plastic dreco farm,

build my kitchen with a co2 basement for food storage and another basement from there for growing a small mush farm(1 level only can feed slime from under the tiles and never expose the food to po2.

smart batteries before i build coal generators+ (no issue grinding refined iron unlimited and most other metals are better in raw form for raw form things)

use radiant pipes in electolyzer setups to grab the 70c heat and burn it into the next batch of air (still getting 25c out of my setup feeding 12 dupes no thermal regulators required. water goes in ~25c air comes out ~25c just takes up a bit more space but no extra energy for cooling

8 hours ago, Sasza22 said:

But then you have to worry about your base getting heated by the 70oC gasses form the electrolyzers.

If you're cooling your 70C gases, it really doesn't matter where you do it - the thermal energy added is the same.

If your 200kg floors are chilled for example, the 2kg of hot gas doesn't make difference.

11 hours ago, Sasza22 said:

But then you have to worry about your base getting heated by the 70oC gasses form the electrolyzers. Everything has pros and cons.

4 hours ago, Grimgaw said:

If you're cooling your 70C gases, it really doesn't matter where you do it - the thermal energy added is the same.

If your 200kg floors are chilled for example, the 2kg of hot gas doesn't make difference.

if the base is large enough, it won't be an issue for at least 300, 350 cycles, just put some Wheezeworts near heat critical parts.

In late game  the 'polluted water' water cooling system helps to keep base cool, so heat will not be an issue anymore.

I find it particularly satisfying to delete heat.

I use crude oil in my metal refinery until it heats past 300 degrees and pump it into the oil refinery which converts it into 75 degree petroleum. I use this pretroleum in yet another metal refinery and finally get rid of it at >300 degrees in some polymer presses.

@Argelle Liquid pipes dont get damaged as long as the liquid within is below its boiling point and above its freezing point.

For example you can pump around petroleum at 500°C just fine but if it gets warmer than 538.9°C (its vaporisation point) inside the pipe it leaks out of the pipe as a gas and the liquid pipe gets damaged. The same happens it it gets too cold. Water at 0.5°C would be ok, but as soon as it hits 0°C it drops out of the pipe as ice and the pipe gets damaged.

6 hours ago, Argelle said:

the pipes support 300°C without overheat?

Pipes have no problem with temperature but bridges can overheat easily. On the other hand the bridge doesn`t get heated by whatecer is in it just by the ouside temperature so it`s not a problem usually.

I once had my pipes melt out of the glass forge when i made them from sandstone.

Archived