Beard + Insanity = Betrayal!

My suggestion is a simple one, I think that is Wilson's sanity is <20 and his beard is at stage 3 or 4 it should randomly start attacking him, the lochs of beard forming fists and punch him in the face. Dealing a maximum of of 2 damage Not enough to instantly kill him mind you, just something that reminds you to shave that dirty neck beard while your psyco!

suggestions for other characters.

Wilson's Beard punches him in the face from time too time. must have Beard stage 3/4

Wendy Turns into her sister and gets chased by Wendy both character still act the same wendy's sister (that looks like wendy) walks very slowly towards her.

L0stLP:

Willow catching fire spontaneously,

Wolfgang has the same health, food values as Wes,

WX-78 every food he eats has spoiled values,

Wickerbottom can't craft anything without the engine,

and Wes Being stronger than Wolfgang and speaking nonstop.

Nuvasieris:

Everything around willow begins to appear to be burning, but really isn't.

WX-78 thinks he is one of the other characters.

Edited by salvation1109

My suggestion is a simple one, I think that is Wilson's sanity is <20 and his beard is at stage 3 or 4 it should randomly start attacking him, the lochs of beard forming fists and punch him in the face. Not enough to instantly kill him mind you, just something that reminds you to shave that dirty neck beard while your psyco!

I think thats a brilliant idea!. Doesnt even have to hurt you. What if it eats your food as your trying to eat and it starts squirming around on your face. Creepy as hell lol It would make you want to shave reguly. A little more risky for growing beard hair for effigies

Mustaches and hair?

I repeat, It's only one character restricted, Wolfgang mustache does not grow and he does not refer to it, besides you can't shave it even if you tried. What if all they're ability's backfire when insane, like Willow catching fire spontaneously, Wendy ... well the ghost already attacking her, Wolfgang has the same health, food values as Wes, WX-78 every food he eats has spoiled values, Wickerbottom can't craft anything without the engine, and Wes Being stronger than Wolfgang and speaking nonstop.

I repeat, It's only one character restricted, Wolfgang mustache does not grow and he does not refer to it, besides you can't shave it even if you tried. What if all they're ability's backfire when insane, like Willow catching fire spontaneously, Wendy ... well the ghost already attacking her, Wolfgang has the same health, food values as Wes, WX-78 every food he eats has spoiled values, Wickerbottom can't craft anything without the engine, and Wes Being stronger than Wolfgang and speaking nonstop.

hmm would probably work out that. But perhaps the ghost could make monsters aggro from a greater distance. and maby wes could talk but speak in tongues that would be cool.

Well I'll be honest I didn't think about the other characters I've only played Wilson and Willow and looking at the majestic beard on wilson's face made me think to myself "What if that thing came alive?" It would add too the whole idea that everything ... yes EVERYTHING is trying to kill you if you don't cut it down too size. I like all of these ideas for the other characters However they would either need to 1: not hurt the characters or 2 need a lower insanity to start happening seeing as the idea would be based around wilson having to be crazy AND having his beard at stage 3/4 (whichever you want to considering the biggest)

Or.. The beard could strangle him until he dies.

I thought about strangling him until he dies, but that doesn't seem as visual as punching him in the face, just imagine his beard forming a giant fist and punching him right across his face, that is what I'm thinking.

Well I'll be honest I didn't think about the other characters I've only played Wilson and Willow and looking at the majestic beard on wilson's face made me think to myself "What if that thing came alive?" It would add too the whole idea that everything ... yes EVERYTHING is trying to kill you if you don't cut it down too size. I like all of these ideas for the other characters However they would either need to 1: not hurt the characters or 2 need a lower insanity to start happening seeing as the idea would be based around wilson having to be crazy AND having his beard at stage 3/4 (whichever you want to considering the biggest) I considering ti more a perk for not using the guy that can build immortality.

I thought about strangling him until he dies, but that doesn't seem as visual as punching him in the face, just imagine his beard forming a giant fist and punching him right across his face, that is what I'm thinking.

I thought about strangling, But I didn't think it was quite as visual as being punched in the face. Im thinking the beard comes alive and literally forms a hairy fist to punch him across the face.

While I that having that cool effect for only one character is "Unfair" for the rest of them I thought it would just be a neat feature for the person that literally has no downsides too him other than having no immediate upsides. seeing as how every other character save for wolfgang has perks that all have downsides Willow being immune too the dark and fire, but running the risk of burning an entire forest down. Willow with her ghostly sister attacking her, the robot not really having an advantage other then no food penalties. Wes does nothing ... at all.I personally think all of your suggestions are awesome, maybe for wendy for insanity her sister starts looking like a ghostly version of wendy, all pale and white instead of a floating sheet. or maybe wendy temporarily appears as the floating sheet.

Thanks Abigail, now if only they ware not that painful, if only there was a way to be made immune to ghost damage even temporarily

Well there is a mod for that, but I wouldn't mind if Abigail was a bit more friendly. I mean, could she at least not trigger my traps? And I don't recall, but I heard she also destroyed a wall too. Not to mention killing all your allies. Maybe if she attacked anything that was hostile to you that would also help.

Some of them sound good but as far as I can tell, Insanity was never meant to be an outright death sentence, just an additional facet to the game for creepiness value and the addition of more gear without changing the face of the game as a whole. I like the ironic twist of their perks having their 2 cents in the extreme low insanity, but more over as a visual or otherwise benign addition, spontaneously catching fire sounds a bit harsh if what you mean is, she looses her immunity to fire for that event.perhaps a more appropriate change based on her already apparent madness is to have everything around her look like its currently on fire, and objects in her inventory appearing as fire (though a mouse over reveals the true nature of the item)The other one I am sceptical on is WX-78, I am unsure what to suggest in its place but the problem I can see is a very vicious cycle, as spoiled food reduces sanity as is, along with the number of aberrations that appear could very likely trap the player in a near endless insanity loop, which would just be annoying as hellhmmm.. on second thought what do people think of WX-78 thinking s/he is human? appearing as one of the other characters for a while?

Some of them sound good but as far as I can tell, Insanity was never meant to be an outright death sentence, just an additional facet to the game for creepiness value and the addition of more gear without changing the face of the game as a whole. I like the ironic twist of their perks having their 2 cents in the extreme low insanity, but more over as a visual or otherwise benign addition, spontaneously catching fire sounds a bit harsh if what you mean is, she looses her immunity to fire for that event.perhaps a more appropriate change based on her already apparent madness is to have everything around her look like its currently on fire, and objects in her inventory appearing as fire (though a mouse over reveals the true nature of the item)The other one I am sceptical on is WX-78, I am unsure what to suggest in its place but the problem I can see is a very vicious cycle, as spoiled food reduces sanity as is, along with the number of aberrations that appear could very likely trap the player in a near endless insanity loop, which would just be annoying as hellhmmm.. on second thought what do people think of WX-78 thinking s/he is human? appearing as one of the other characters for a while?

*looks up at the 20 spam posts* hmm I probably shouldn't have hit send so many times ... ANYWAY!Yes this isn't supposed to be OMG insanity kills you instantly no chance of survival suggestion. I am talking more about wilson's beard punching him occasionally for 1 damage at most, Willow catching fire but still keeping her immunity, Or like you suggested everything around her starts to appear to be burning, although that may cause issues with night time unless they give off no light. This is just a suggestion that makes the individual character's perks seem to turn on the character while they are going coocoo. As for WX-78 I have no clue what so ever about him since the only thing about him is that he eats spoiled food.

*looks up at the 20 spam posts* hmm I probably shouldn't have hit send so many times ... ANYWAY!Yes this isn't supposed to be OMG insanity kills you instantly no chance of survival suggestion. I am talking more about wilson's beard punching him occasionally for 1 damage at most, Willow catching fire but still keeping her immunity, Or like you suggested everything around her starts to appear to be burning, although that may cause issues with night time unless they give off no light. This is just a suggestion that makes the individual character's perks seem to turn on the character while they are going coocoo. As for WX-78 I have no clue what so ever about him since the only thing about him is that he eats spoiled food.

Allrighty, sorry if it sounded like I was inferring that your intention was to make low insanity completely screw the player over, I do really like the idea, and your point about willow is valid, hmmm, maybe it will be easier to design something more personalised once we know more about her back story, though as you mentioned, provided she keeps her fire resistance your idea isn't a problem at all. WX-78 sure is a tricky one, another option could be that his perk amps up to the n'th degree, either allowing him to eat anything, or having the hunger bar fade out, though if it works more to your suggestion, hmmm, what do you think of his 'stomach' crawling out of his mouth and becoming a pet? oooor he stops being able to eat food and can only eat things that would work as machine fuel, ie logs, grass, twigs.thoughts?(should be some more info on WX-78 on you tube or a wikki, if you want links say so and I will scrounge some up)

I like the idea of Wilson's beard punching him in the face, I honestly think that the effects of insanity that have been discussed in this topic should be more visual, and not have any real physical effect on your game. like when Wilson is punched by his beard, he says "OW" or "e tu BEARD?" but it does not damage health or anything like that.And I can imagine Willow standing still and then suddenly light on fire then say"I feel pretty"just my (insert number here) cents.