Pufts become tamed without grooming?

Why do pufts become tamed without grooming? I have 2 rooms, one where they become tame and grooming and produce and the other where i just incubate pufts to stack them up for produciton, no grooming there. Why do they become tamed?

Its not just Pufs, even if you stop grooming and feeding any critter they will still be "tamed" or so the game says.

I noticed it as well, i left all my critters be in "wild care" (no feeding, grooming) inside my base. A true tamed critter gives you warning when its starving.

It is a good strategy to keep certain number of critters that repopulate themselves without wasting further resources.

I just think the wildness meter is bit confusing.

For example, once i have around 100 shinebugs on my solar panels, i stopped grooming them, and then after a while i stopped feeding them as well.

The number of shinebugs stayed approximately the same for 1100 cycles.

1 hour ago, jfc said:

they won't be unhappy if they are wild

Sure if you wan't to be literal about it,.

Tamed unhappy critter equals a wild happy critter, so it wouldn't be wild to suggest that wild critters is in a hidden unhappy state.

Just like wild critters can starve, as in being in a state where they don't have access to food, they just can't die from starvation.

1 hour ago, Scorpio King said:

The number of shinebugs stayed approximately the same for 1100 cycles.

Unhappy critters will still breed as long as they aren't "expecting". For shinebugs, the time to starve is longer than time to reproduce when unhappy, so shinebugs can keep their numbers up when tame and starved.

Archived