Meteorites seem to start immeduately

This time, I took it slow and only dug upwards at around cycle 600. What I found was a partially destroyed ice-biome full of hot regolith. So just to warn others, it seems the bombardment starts at cycle 1 and not exploring upwards does not help. Even is some things only happen when you uncover part of the map, this does not seem to be one of them.

It seems it is the same for me. Tried activating debug on cycle 150 or so and the gravitas research building had 59 building entombed. So the meteor showers were falling for a little while and I've not been on the space biome for sure.

On another note, the regolith going through the gravitas building is so irritating. I can't know if it is my buidings that are entombed or the gravitas only without going to clean it all every cycle or so.

PS : Steel is not a solution for now has I'm not ready to produce it for the whole surface ^^

@Christophlette, @Gurgel: when did you start your game? There used to be an issue that meteors were crashing into the top biomes (and through neutronium). Klei addressed the issue by changing bunch of parameters. Now we should have a version in which regolith is more or less stable in its effect.

Unfortunately those changes dont heal damage that has already been dealt to the surface.

So if you have an "old" game, you might still be seeing the effects of the old behaviour.

@blash365 : Regolith going through gravitas building occured in late CU and it's still there in EU.

The game I'm refering in my other post is a new EU game I started like... Saturday maybe ? So the problem is definitely still going if it was already addressed ^^

The second issue never happened in CU. Only since EU has been launched. (Didn't played preview though)

Are you using debug mode without saving first then after reloading from a point before you debugged?. when you hit debug all of the undiscovered actions like critters, plant growth and damage to poi's starts to occur weather or not you actually go observe the location.

1 hour ago, blash365 said:

@Christophlette, @Gurgel: when did you start your game? There used to be an issue that meteors were crashing into the top biomes (and through neutronium). Klei addressed the issue by changing bunch of parameters. Now we should have a version in which regolith is more or less stable in its effect.

Unfortunately those changes dont heal damage that has already been dealt to the surface.

So if you have an "old" game, you might still be seeing the effects of the old behaviour.

EU life, not beta. So brand new. And it is just regular damage, the abyssalite layers are destroyed first. Sorry if that was unclear.

@heckubis Debug or not the surface does activate immediately, I think that this was the main reason from frame loss during the CU, jsut the hseer amount of Regolith etc sitting up there slowed the game. Ever since they changed it in the Expressive upgrade I have gone back to my pre CU performance!

26 minutes ago, heckubis said:

Are you using debug mode without saving first then after reloading from a point before you debugged?. when you hit debug all of the undiscovered actions like critters, plant growth and damage to poi's starts to occur weather or not you actually go observe the location.

No, not debug. Regular game started after EU came out of preview.

Though in my memory, Klei once claimed meteor shower will not come before player discover the surface. But actually meteor shower will happen no matter whether the surface is discovered.
My friend has done a test about it (may be based on the last version of CU, I can't remember exactly time).
He started a new base, then left the game running for a whole afternoon. No debug, no control, no alt+Z supper speed. After more than 100 cycles, he activated debug mode, and find meteor rain have already come.

5 minutes ago, Gurgel said:

Well, to be fair, one of the ONI game design principles is that you fight catastrophes under time-pressure all the time, so this does make some sense.

I agree with that and in fact I don't complain about it. I only stated it was the same for me so the author know he's not alone and the devs know it's not an isolated bug if they decide it is a bug. 

The one that triggers me is the regolith going through neutronium tiles in the gravitas research building. I really don't understand it and it was already there before EU. 

Archived