What a horrible update

There are problems with this update and the jobs, last tier jobs need an update now, who ever needs seasoned miner or that scientist, you can do everything with lower tier jobs just as well, the only drawback is you cant analyze geysers, but I can live with that.

1 minute ago, _Q_ said:

There are problems with this update and the jobs, last tier jobs need an update now, who ever needs seasoned miner or that scientist, you can do everything with lower tier jobs just as well, the only drawback is you cant analyze geysers, but I can live with that.

In fact, you don't need to keep the job. You have like 15 geysers at maximum in a map. Depends on the number of dupes you have but you could cycle through your dupes to avoid mastering the tenured scientist job and analyse every geyser on the map. It would need maybe 20 or 30 dupes ? That I don't know.

Just now, Christophlette said:

In fact, you don't need to keep the job. You have like 15 geysers at maximum in a map. Depends on the number of dupes you have but you could cycle through your dupes to avoid mastering the tenured scientist job and analyse every geyser on the map. It would need maybe 20 or 30 dupes ? That I don't know.

But depending on map you don't even need to know how long this or that will be active or dormant, that information is almost useless.

I can see how much this or that tank fills with stuff.

I got to the point where I don't even use anything beside one cold steam vent.

3 minutes ago, _Q_ said:

But depending on map you don't even need to know how long this or that will be active or dormant, that information is almost useless.

I can see how much this or that tank fills with stuff.

I got to the point where I don't even use anything beside one cold steam vent.

Analysing geyser is clearly not mandatory I agree. And I agree too with the fact that the most advanced jobs should be more meaningfull. Like giving a special trait to be able to do something more than we could before. That would force us to get them and have the challenge to get the morale for it.

I really hope they change the morale system to be more strict than now. Like needing a shower per day gives +1. If the water temperature of the shower is between 35°C and 40°C the shower gives 2. If the dupe has light during at least half the day, gives +1 morale and such. Maybe even a new and easy to tame animal that can produce fruit paste to produce fruit juice when we add water. And it gives more moral when it is cold. Like the espresso machine but with a temperature trigger and a way to guide people through the start of ranching.

But I'm off topic >_>

I think people are missing the big picture.

Now you can make a Great Hall that...

1) Floats in space

2) With glass walls

3) Submerged in water

4) With wild Pacus swimming

5) With a skylight for some sunshine

6) Dancing

7) Video games

8) Fine Dining

9) and Friends!

I tried to find a picture to capture the thoughts in my head.. but this is the best I could come up with. I love this update cause it lets me work on goofy stuff like this instead of having to "tackle the surface"

53e2f486dddaa35c30f66931_ithaa-1.jpg

On 30/07/2018 at 6:40 PM, Lifegrow said:

Start a fresh colony and try to play at the same pace you did in CU and previous, then come back with your findings :D

Any of you that loaded saves from previous upgrades may have overlooked a fundamental basic here, the pace of the game has changed drastically.

I agree and I get you dude, my main point was I’m loving the change, and I can’t wait for a new colony challenge with these new restrictions. Nothing about it has me in rage for the game.  Still great and will only get greater ;)

I'm in the opposite camp: I think this is a great update.  Sure, didn't get any new, fancy toys to tinker with, but we got a schedule (something I've been wanting for a long time) and an overhaul to the morale system (something the game's needed for a while). 

No longer can you spam art everywhere and feed your dupes lower quality food while maxing everyone's job progression as quickly as possible.  Now you need to progress your colony (farms, amenities, etc) at roughly the same pace you progress you colonists.  This is a good thing, in my opinion.

Archived