Should debris from meteors be falling into the Gravitas facility? It's kinda annoying.

The facility looks like it doesn't have holes in the walls, yet it keeps filling with debris giving "building entombed" messages and generally looking worse and worse and unusable as a sort of auxillary mini-base thing, which seemed like the only use for it right now.

Is it an intended thing that it keeps filling with chunks of Regolith debris even though meteors don't actually strike inside it? :confused:

On 7/14/2018 at 6:04 AM, Ellilea said:

The facility looks like it doesn't have holes in the walls, yet it keeps filling with debris giving "building entombed" messages and generally looking worse and worse and unusable as a sort of auxillary mini-base thing, which seemed like the only use for it right now.

Is it an intended thing that it keeps filling with chunks of Regolith debris even though meteors don't actually strike inside it? :confused:

I don't think it's intended, as it doesn't happen if you put another layer of tiles surrounding the building. You should probably post a bug in the bug tracker about the clipping Regolith.

3 hours ago, Neotuck said:

Regolith from meteors can pass though a solid tile when if forms, this has been posted before

I can´t decide if that´s a bug or a feature (It´s not just bad that "some" debris can pass through one tile bunker walls.)

But even if it´s a feature:

The gravitas lounge was created to be a (/ the only) save place on the surface, so it´s more than counterintuitive that we are forced to start securing the gravitas lounge with bunker tiles after we discovered it ...

23 minutes ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

The gravitas lounge was created to be a (/ the only) save place on the surface, so it´s more than counterintuitive that we are forced to start securing the gravitas lounge with bunker tiles after we discovered it ...

By that same token, though, it is unnecessary to secure it, since it doesn't do anything.  As are most of the "ruins" objects that spawn.

Just now, PhailRaptor said:
25 minutes ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

By that same token, though, it is unnecessary to secure it, since it doesn't do anything.  As are most of the "ruins" objects that spawn.

Your thoughts are more practical, if we have no use for it, why deal with it anyways^^

But from a gameplay standpoint it´s supposed to resist meteors (it´s the only ruin with 100% neutronium walls)

If it's supposed to be a safe place (lore-wise) then it shouldn't be getting buried in Regolith :shock:

I mean, sure, I can build around it and secure it, but it seems like a silly thing to do just to get the messages to go away and know that everything's good and proper :D Plus it defeats any purpose of the place whatsoever. It already doesn't have (m)any. Being a safe secure structure could make it a fun mini-base option. At least for me (:

Archived