Auspice's Art

16 hours ago, Szczuku said:

It's really well made but... Wilson looks like a child. At least for me. Still- very good

Ah! I do seem have that problem - I don't emphasize a lot of the features, and I have trouble with sharper faces, so my subjects often end up looking younger.

Thank you.

Edited by Auspice

@gallusvarius I did the thing.

So apparently there was a thing where you'd draw your main wearing the clothes you usually wear. I didn't just want to draw one thing, so Allow Me To Explain:

I consider myself genderfluid demifemale/agender, though the agender aspect was a recent development. I may, one day, just decide that agender feels better overall. So depending on how I'm feeling, I might wear something different.

Wilson (who I primarily play) is wearing what I usually like to wear: as much black as possible; high necked shirts; long, loose-ish pants.

Wendy (who I sometimes enjoy playing) is wearing what I wear on hot days or when I don't feel bothered by more effeminate clothing: flowy things and the occasional tights. Oh, and I never put my hair up, really. 

Webber (who I started out with in DST) is wearing what I wear when I feel like randomly dressing in a fancy, androgynous manner. Just. Random days. Sometimes I'm feeling a necklace, sometimes I'm feeling a necktie.

outfits_by_frygia-dcixxye.jpg

It's odd to combine the DS style with slightly more realistic anatomy. 

Also: behold the rare non-triumphant, non-Victorian Wilson.

• Like 9

47 minutes ago, Auspice said:

It's odd to combine the DS style with slightly more realistic anatomy. 

I definitely noticed you did things differently here! Or a little differently than your past style, anyway. 

Mixing style and anatomy is kinda what I like to do, too. 

Wendy with her hair down is interesting. I think she's the most eye-catching of them all  here. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, gallusvarius said:

I definitely noticed you did things differently here! Or a little differently than your past style, anyway. 

Mixing style and anatomy is kinda what I like to do, too. 

Wendy with her hair down is interesting. I think she's the most eye-catching of them all  here. 

I must say, it's always fun to try new things.

Thank you! I've always had a thing for long hair, and this was an opportunity I could not pass.

• Like 1

I've opened an ask prompt thing on tumblr, and here's what I have so far

87_by_frygia-dcj1di0.jpg

87: One punching the other - Wilson and Maxwell. 

Somehow satisfying.

-

13_by_frygia-dcj1did.jpg

13: Playing charades together - Wilson and Wes.

Wilson is reevaluating whether this was a good choice. Considering Wes’s guessing is a charade in and of itself.

-

78_by_frygia-dcj1dil.jpg

78: One pranking the other - Wilson and Wes.

Wes seems to be having fun, at least.

-

41_by_frygia-dcj2wq5.jpg

41: lifting something together - Woodie and Wilson.

Me too, Wilson.

Also: I finally understand ResettePlayer's thing about Woodie being weird to draw

-

If any of you want me to draw something, feel free to propose something:

Spoiler

tumblr_p829ussrtu1s4ceuco1_r2_1280.png

I'll only take one for each situation, though. 

Taken: 2, 6, 7, 13, 19, 20, 22, 26, 36, 37, 41, 43, 49, 50, 78, 84, 87, 100

Edited by Auspice
  • Like 4
  • Haha 4

7 hours ago, Raspberry Milk said:

Do I message you on tumbler or just write it here? If so, I think #20 with Wigfrid and Wx could be quite fun.

Either's fine! Though I suppose for the sake of keeping this thread cleaner, Tumblr would be better.

heh heh heh heh I've got some ideas

Edited by Auspice

On 2018-08-02 at 8:25 PM, Auspice said:

Also: I finally understand ResettePlayer's thing about Woodie being weird to draw

Spoiler

Normal people:

latest?cb=20160815123204 latest?cb=20121223182431 latest?cb=20160227182814

Woodie:

latest?cb=20121227104349

Such a tiny window for the face. It's weird yo.

And I'll just make a request here... 43, Wolfgang and Webber. I don't think I've seen you tackle those characters before.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

I love how when Wigfrid and WX play catch, it's like a ball game fight to the death XD

The only way it could go.

16 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

Also I sent an ask on Tumblr. I would have done a shippy one but... eh, decided against it for the sake of a funnier one >u<

>:D

100_by_frygia-dcj8lz3.jpg

I felt that this way was best.

7 hours ago, ResettePlayer said:

Such a tiny window for the face. It's weird yo.

*shrugs* Such is the face of Woodie.

7 hours ago, ResettePlayer said:

43, Wolfgang and Webber. I don't think I've seen you tackle those characters before.

I haven't drawn Wolfgang before, and it was certainly interesting. Though I've sketched Webber before, during an art stream.

43_by_frygia-dcj8lzd.jpg

Goodbye, cruel world.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

On 8/2/2018 at 7:25 PM, Auspice said:

I've opened an ask prompt thing on tumblr, and here's what I have so far

Wait, so I can go there and immediately start spamming you with asks anomalously?...  Mwa ha ha ha ha...

87: One punching the other - Wilson and Maxwell. 

Somehow satisfying.

I can see how. The blur of motion and giant Maxwell Head is pretty amusing. 

Wilson is reevaluating whether this was a good choice. Considering Wes’s guessing is a charade in and of itself.

This is pretty funny, the confusion between the two. "Considering Wes's guess is a charade in and of itself." 

78: One pranking the other - Wilson and Wes.

Wes's mischievous expression is amusing. I wonder if he ever does this kind of thing to Maxwell.

On 8/3/2018 at 10:09 AM, Auspice said:

(This was "playing catch together")

Of course, these two would take 'playing catch' TO THE EXTREME. 

23 hours ago, Auspice said:

>:D

100_by_frygia-dcj8lz3.jpg

Perfection. Of course he would do this - Especially in that, from his little box where he had been trapped, he had been forced to stare at two such statues for however long. I'm sure he knows every detail - and maybe flaw in such case - of the sculpture. 

23 hours ago, Auspice said:

I haven't drawn Wolfgang before, and it was certainly interesting. Though I've sketched Webber before, during an art stream.

I think you did really well with Wolfgang! I don't think there'd be a more fitting way to do him for your style. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, gallusvarius said:

Wait, so I can go there and immediately start spamming you with asks anomalously?...  Mwa ha ha ha ha...

>.>

(Go for it lol)

I'm glad you like my doodles heh

My favorite might be playing catch, to be honest.

Perfection. Of course he would do this - Especially in that, from his little box where he had been trapped, he had been forced to stare at two such statues for however long. I'm sure he knows every detail - and maybe flaw in such case - of the sculpture. 

Indeed. Now that Maxwell's off the throne, Wes can wheedle and pester him all he likes.

I think you did really well with Wolfgang! I don't think there'd be a more fitting way to do him for your style.

Thank you! I might want to explore him a bit more in less of a curled position. And probably with skins.

• Like 1

36_by_frygia-dcjeov3.jpg

"Death will find you!"

Hm. I feel like Webber's running position is a bit odd.
-

22_by_frygia-dcjeouo.jpg
This was a rather specific request, of the two cleaning Ewecus phlegm from themselves.

Seems... nasty.
-

26_by_frygia-dcjeou7.jpg

I imagine that Wes is on the taller side, with a lanky build. Wigfrid, more of the short and stout type. Though I could have emphasized that more.

Edited by Auspice
  • Like 9

25 minutes ago, Auspice said:

"Death will find you!"

Hm. I feel like Webber's running position is a bit odd.

Wendy looks like she's about to tickle him! But intense tickling, judging by the look in her eyes... 
It might be a little odd in that he's so low to the ground in his stride... But this prompt is for ideas, and we get the idea. 

26 minutes ago, Auspice said:

This was a rather specific request, of the two cleaning Ewecus phlegm from themselves.

Seems... nasty.

Specific requests? Hm, I should keep that in mind, so I can throw ideas out too...
Interesting to see you tackle the phlegm.  That stuff IS nasty, and also very frustrating - Speaking as someone who has fought many a ewecus. 

27 minutes ago, Auspice said:

I imagine that Wes is on the taller side, with a lanky build. Wigfrid, more of the short and stout type. Though I could have emphasized that more.

I actually have the same thoughts for these two's heights. 
For me, I made an actual sort of scale considering each character's exact height in consideration of the world-wide average. So I don't have a 'so and so is taller than so and so,' I have a 'So and so is approximately this height.' I decided first what height seemed right or accurate, and then figured out who was taller than who after that. 
In game though, they don't really show height difference except maybe Wolfgang.... Perhaps it's the same case for your drawing here.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, gallusvarius said:

Wendy looks like she's about to tickle him! But intense tickling, judging by the look in her eyes... 
It might be a little odd in that he's so low to the ground in his stride... But this prompt is for ideas, and we get the idea.

Heh heh heh heh.

That seems to be it.

Specific requests? Hm, I should keep that in mind, so I can throw ideas out too...
Interesting to see you tackle the phlegm.  That stuff IS nasty, and also very frustrating - Speaking as someone who has fought many a ewecus.

*raises eyebrow*

I haven't encountered Ewecus yet, and I feel like that might be a good thing.

I actually have the same thoughts for these two's heights. 
For me, I made an actual sort of scale considering each character's exact height in consideration of the world-wide average. So I don't have a 'so and so is taller than so and so,' I have a 'So and so is approximately this height.' I decided first what height seemed right or accurate, and then figured out who was taller than who after that. 
In game though, they don't really show height difference except maybe Wolfgang.... Perhaps it's the same case for your drawing here.

Interesting! I kind of want to draw them together in my personal style, to compare their heights and stuff.

Yeah, I was thinking about the game sprites while drawing!

• Like 1

My apologies for taking so long. Life and all.

2161cd17_5222_461a_988f_475b3e20d2e2_by_7cad304b_fc93_43ec_93cf_4242d47949da_by_

#49: "I bet Wicker's cookies are the best." I agree, anon.

#7: What a good time.
I went for a more dramatic interpretation. Though I do feel like Wigfrid would be after, well, meat, and Webber might go for sweets. There’s also that spider plush.

7bc65529_f4bc_472b_b5be_81395e8ffc05_by_b3a0fadb_4f0c_4a67_9c2a_9d4980df66c3_by_

#37: No idea how wrestling works. But I think this is better.

#50: I remember my first spring with a large group of friends. We had a WX. I had the only umbrella. I kept lending it to them.

582edae1_b7d8_4c42_932a_e525483d1c3e_by_

#19: This really was a weird one. I feel like Wolfgang wouldn't appreciate proximity to Maxwell's shadow copies, though.

For the devstream:

On 8/10/2018 at 3:05 PM, Auspice said:

Here's my drawing! It's of my first summer with a friend (who knew what they were doing). We stayed in the oasis, where we kept trying to get the goggles and I was squeeing over succulents. 

also drew us cooking since the devs did as well
And Chester since he's cute.

0dcbe710_019b_49ef_b13a_5b13a3c79f3d_by_

Hmm. I think I prefer the monochrome version, actually.

Reveal hidden contents

f0942112_5b08_4f60_b15f_ee7bafcb55c3_by_

Edited by Auspice
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Auspice said:

This really was a weird one. I feel like Wolfgang wouldn't appreciate proximity to Maxwell's shadow copies, thoug

It's well done, though. Made me laugh, because Maxwell is still easily within yelling distance, and he just shoots Wolfgang that look. Good stuff.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Auspice said:

A post on their forum with art in it

I can't see any of it except the dev stream. DX   I don't know why I can't see 'em, though.  I tried reloading the page and stuff. 

4 hours ago, Auspice said:

Here's my drawing! It's of my first summer with a friend (who knew what they were doing). We stayed in the oasis, where we kept trying to get the goggles and I was squeeing over succulents. 

The oasis picture is really cute. Seeing you guy's gorge skins is amusing, especially with the two of you cooking and then fishing respectively. 
The steam rising from the pot is a really nice touch! And their 'bored' give to a placid atmosphere, sort of 'chore-doing' more or less. I see Chester is playing in the water with his...
Wait.

What do we even call those things he has? Hooves? Paws? Bah, that THING at the end of his leg.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, gallusvarius said:

I can't see any of it except the dev stream. DX   I don't know why I can't see 'em, though.  I tried reloading the page and stuff. 

43 minutes ago, Raspberry Milk said:

The images just come up as this for me:

Hmmmmm. Curious. This isn't the first time it's happened, either...

Here's where I originally uploaded the oasis picture: https://sta.sh/222bwexxpril?edit=1

And here's all the interaction images: https://sta.sh/22f006hx8um1 
It's in numerical order.

Let me know if you still can't see it.

52 minutes ago, gallusvarius said:

The oasis picture is really cute. Seeing you guy's gorge skins is amusing, especially with the two of you cooking and then fishing respectively. 

Heh, thank you! The Gorge skins are great and no one can convince me otherwise. 

54 minutes ago, gallusvarius said:

The steam rising from the pot is a really nice touch! And their 'bored' give to a placid atmosphere, sort of 'chore-doing' more or less. I see Chester

I'm glad you like it. I've been trying to add more minor details like that to add more to the final image.

54 minutes ago, gallusvarius said:

I see Chester is playing in the water with his...
Wait.

What do we even call those things he has? Hooves? Paws? Bah, that THING at the end of his leg.

I....

uh...............

..................... I'm gonna go with.... feet. ..... That seems off, still, but oh well.  

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Auspice said:

And here's all the interaction images

Yes, I got to see the interaction images now.
They're really cute! 
7: I like this one a lot, since these are both favorites of mine. I bet after being stuck in the wilderness, both are happy to see so much food in the store... And also probably bewildering everyone they pass by as they rush down the aisles. 
Wigfrid will probably try to pay for the food in gold nuggets she got from the pig king, I bet. 

19: This is hilarious! Maxwell's disappointed expression and Wolfgang's serious stare. I'll be honest - I actually was the one who asked for this one, and it wasn't what I expected but, that makes it all the better. Not even I knew what to do with these two texting... That's why I asked for it, though. Guess I'm revealing just how malicious and evil I truly am, mwa ha ha ha ha! 

7 hours ago, Auspice said:

"I bet Wicker's cookies are the best." I agree, anon.

This one... Is perfection. Of course Wicker would make good cookies, it even fits because the game has a crockpot recipe for pumpkin cookies. The cookies help with sanity and a good bit of hunger, they're very good for a character like Wolfgang who has a drain on both said stats. 
And yet... Wicker seems disdainful. Will she permit him to dine upon her carefully crafted goodies?... Or, will she not? Find out in the next episode of... ...What am I doing. 

50: Ah. Wendy seems like she would get along better with WX than some of the others, perhaps. It's always a pleasure to see them together. Ironically, I almost drew the exact same scene in a sense, a while ago. 

Spoiler

wxinrain2_by_gallusvarius-dcfvrx6.png

It's not very good though, and our expressions are different.
My Wendy and WX-78 are kind of like siblings to each other, as I keep saying everywhere. They know each other well, work together well... And also sometimes disagree on things, just like any sibling pair. 
But to a large degree, their shared interest in death seems like they'd feel more comfortable around each other, at least in that way. Wendy probably isn't ever 'comfortable' with anyone like she is with Abigail, but rather that, where others are potentially disturbed by WX-78, she probably doesn't care as much.
Anyway, I rambled again. The way you drew them is really cute, especially WX-78's begrudging expression as he accepts the umbrella, and Wendy's blank aloof one, as if sheltering him from the rain is some kind of daily chore of her's. 

84: Interesting to see you draw Winona! I can definitely see her smacking Maxwell, after what he did to her little sister.  I'd be tempted to or worse as well, if someone sucked my little sister into a world of nightmares where they got trapped in the darkness by an otherworldly evil force of ultimate and unimaginable power that then proceeded to change who she was and use her to carry out their own twisted amusement on others in the form of pain and terror... Yep, that would do it. 

You're very good with depicting motion in your drawings. 
So far, in all of these action prompts you've done, in all of them with Maxwell he's getting abused somehow, or pestered at least. It's kind of funny.

37: Interesting take for wrestling! I can totally see them engaging in an arm-wrestling match. I imagine these two mostly have fun killing stuff together and fighting side by side. But Wigfrid seems to like to arm-wrestle, according to their quotes with Winona, who mentions wanting a rematch...  

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, gallusvarius said:

They're really cute! 

I'm glad you like them! 

7: Heh, I see. That would certainly cause quite a scene. Hopefully not enough to get them kicked out. Not sure how the cashier would deal with the gold nuggets, though.

19: BUT IT WAS YOU ALL ALONG

I aim to please.

they're very good for a character like Wolfgang who has a drain on both said stats. 

I was thinking of pumpkin cookies! But I didn't think of how great they were for Wolfgang, hah.

And yet... Wicker seems disdainful. Will she permit him to dine upon her carefully crafted goodies?... Or, will she not? Find out in the next episode of... ...What am I doing.

pfft. 

To be continued...

50: Oooh! I find it very amusing that we thought of more or less the same situation. WX just... always needs an umbrella. 

Yours isn't bad! It definitely gets the idea across, and the dynamic is certainly different from mine. Nice that you drew Abigail, too.

I can see how the two of them would get along better than they would with others. You make a point on them not being as disturbed by each other. I personally view both of them as the more solitary sort. Wendy might feel she doesn't need the others' help, and WX doesn't want it (even if he does need it).

84: Yeah... yep. I mean, Maxwell probably deserves everything that's coming for him. I can't pass up these opportunities.

Adding motion to drawings gives it so much more excitement! And it is amusingly dramatic.

37: Indeed! They are the fighters of the survivors. Plus, Wolfgang is proud of his strength, and Wigfrid seems to be of a competitive sort. 

I didn't actually know about those quotes, but hey, it works out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I just had a 6-hour flight, most of which I spent drawing. 

For now. I present to you Misadventures of Wilson and Wendy 2: This Is Fine.

misadventures_with_wilson_and_wendy_2_by

It did, in fact, turn out fine. Despite everything (us, the hounds, stuff we might have left on the ground, etc.) being on fire, we managed to run around, kill a few hounds, let a few get killed by fire and the Dragonfly, rebuild our fort, and finish off the battle. 

Though we used an unnecessarily large amount of healing items. I ran out of trail mix. And honey ham. I think my friend fed me honey straight.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6