Recommended Posts

gallusvarius    922

Nice to see you're on DA, I'm usually better over there myself.

Interesting, I also drew something solely for the purpose of being my icon here!
You did pretty well, especially with the hand-claw and the little buckle on them.

Have you drawn a lot of stuff for DS yet, or just wanna join in?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Auspice    685
8 minutes ago, gallusvarius said:

Nice to see you're on DA, I'm usually better over there myself.

Interesting, I also drew something solely for the purpose of being my icon here!
You did pretty well, especially with the hand-claw and the little buckle on them.

Have you drawn a lot of stuff for DS yet, or just wanna join in?

Interesting. Thank you! I like claw hands.

I haven't drawn much yet, but yes, I'm looking to join in the fun.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gallusvarius    922
3 hours ago, Auspice said:

I haven't drawn much yet, but yes, I'm looking to join in the fun.

Ahh, I see.
I only ask because I drew a crazy amount of fan-art all on my own before ever daring to show it publicly, I only considered it worth showing when I had way too much of it.

Good luck joining the fun - If you keep going, I think quite a few people here could like your stuff. That's a pretty nice Wilson after all. 
I tend to focus on characters like Wigfrid, Webber, Wes, WX... A lot of people have different favorites. If you 'draw them all,' that will also get attention! ^^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Auspice    685
1 hour ago, gallusvarius said:

I only ask because I drew a crazy amount of fan-art all on my own before ever daring to show it publicly, I only considered it worth showing when I had way too much of it.

Ah. I will probably encounter a similar situation regarding writing... Considering that I've never written anything for a fandom before. It's very nerve-wracking. 

1 hour ago, gallusvarius said:

Good luck joining the fun - If you keep going, I think quite a few people here could like your stuff. That's a pretty nice Wilson after all. 
I tend to focus on characters like Wigfrid, Webber, Wes, WX... A lot of people have different favorites. If you 'draw them all,' that will also get attention! ^^

Oooh, thank you for your advice and kind words
I would indeed like to draw some of the others, it's fun to expand your borders.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gallusvarius    922
9 hours ago, Auspice said:

Ah. I will probably encounter a similar situation regarding writing... Considering that I've never written anything for a fandom before. It's very nerve-wracking. 

In reality, I've never written or read any fanfic for DS. I've been interested in a certain one here on the forums I should get around to  checking out, though. 
There are, as it seems, at least two here who will eventually read and see whatever is put up here. It may take a while for them to read anything, is all.

How long have you played the game? I played a long time before I ever got into the fandom a lot, myself.

 

9 hours ago, Auspice said:

I would indeed like to draw some of the others, it's fun to expand your borders.


It definitely is, and the game has plenty to draw from - Characters, but interesting creatures and occurrences for them to react to as well. Like frog-rain and emerging treeguards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Auspice    685
22 minutes ago, gallusvarius said:

In reality, I've never written or read any fanfic for DS. I've been interested in a certain one here on the forums I should get around to  checking out, though. 

Oh, which is it? I've been trying to find good fanfic to read. Actually, I'm (sort of) writing because it's just what I want to read.

24 minutes ago, gallusvarius said:

How long have you played the game? I played a long time before I ever got into the fandom a lot, myself.

Aha. Ahaha. I got the game two weeks ago or so and fell very, very, hard. I still haven't completed adventure mode, and I've only killed Dragonfly of the giants when I was on a public server. I've been spending a lot of time on the Gorge event.

27 minutes ago, gallusvarius said:

It definitely is, and the game has plenty to draw from - Characters, but interesting creatures and occurrences for them to react to as well. Like frog-rain and emerging treeguards.

That's true! Honestly, there is much to draw, plenty of places to find inspiration. All I require is motivation.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gallusvarius    922
1 hour ago, Auspice said:

Oh, which is it? I've been trying to find good fanfic to read. Actually, I'm (sort of) writing because it's just what I want to read.

Well, I don't know if it's everyone's thing. I skimmed over some of it, a little, it seems to focus on Webber. Called 'What this world has to offer,' I think. I don't actually know if I'll like it or not myself yet, I really should read it.  But it looked like Webber was depicted with a little more negative emotion than he usually is shown with, which seemed interesting to me; He can't be happy all the time, right? No one is, I imagine.
 

1 hour ago, Auspice said:

Aha. Ahaha. I got the game two weeks ago or so and fell very, very, hard. I still haven't completed adventure mode, and I've only killed Dragonfly of the giants when I was on a public server. I've been spending a lot of time on the Gorge event.

Killing any giants at all so soon is pretty good. I never killed any until way later, I believe, where I actually learned they could be kited. Prior I had not known it was possible, for whatever reason.
 

1 hour ago, Auspice said:

That's true! Honestly, there is much to draw, plenty of places to find inspiration. All I require is motivation.

Sometimes events in gameplay can be inspiration and motivation both, I'd say.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Auspice    685
3 hours ago, gallusvarius said:

Well, I don't know if it's everyone's thing. I skimmed over some of it, a little, it seems to focus on Webber. Called 'What this world has to offer,' I think. I don't actually know if I'll like it or not myself yet, I really should read it.  But it looked like Webber was depicted with a little more negative emotion than he usually is shown with, which seemed interesting to me; He can't be happy all the time, right? No one is, I imagine.

Interesting. Ah, only the ignorant are blissful.

3 hours ago, gallusvarius said:

Killing any giants at all so soon is pretty good. I never killed any until way later, I believe, where I actually learned they could be kited. Prior I had not known it was possible, for whatever reason.

The wiki, I must say, has been my frequent companion.

3 hours ago, gallusvarius said:

Sometimes events in gameplay can be inspiration and motivation both, I'd say.

I must agree. I hope to post more soon...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gallusvarius    922
6 hours ago, Auspice said:

I've discovered that the Goatshead Cane sparkles

I love it.

Yeah, it's pretty sparkly.

The way you draw Wilson, the style that is, is very interesting. His pose and expression all seem very refined and dignified, it's really nice. The goat cane added in there is perfect.

Though, looking at it again later, I also noticed the shadow stretching from his feet. The back ground notably adds to some good atmosphere for this piece.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Auspice    685
2 hours ago, gallusvarius said:

The way you draw Wilson, the style that is, is very interesting. His pose and expression all seem very refined and dignified, it's really nice. The goat cane added in there is perfect.

I'm glad you like it! I feel like this skin really lends itself to that sort of mood. 

2 hours ago, gallusvarius said:

Though, looking at it again later, I also noticed the shadow stretching from his feet. The back ground notably adds to some good atmosphere for this piece.

Thank you kindly

I wasn't sure what I wanted to do for the background at first, since I did not want to draw anything complex. But I've always loved simple geometric compositions.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DragonMage156    25,436
On 7/12/2018 at 8:04 AM, Auspice said:

Greetings. I've only started playing Don't Starve (+DST) recently, but I find myself enamored with the storyline and fanworks that I've seen.

Eyy welcome Auspice! That's also how I got invested in DS/T. That and my friend also likes the game. Glad to see new fan artists ^_^

Also I'm checking out your DA. The monster Wilson you drew is interesting. Might have a look at that story myself >u<

On 7/13/2018 at 3:41 AM, Auspice said:

I've been trying to find good fanfic to read. Actually, I'm (sort of) writing because it's just what I want to read.

Well I know a few good ones but it really depends what type of fanfics you like. Survive the Shadows (written by AileenRose and Storm) is quite a popular one but it's quite far from the current lore. I also know more shippy stories and even a silly dragon one (that's fairly new).

On 7/13/2018 at 5:01 AM, gallusvarius said:

Called 'What this world has to offer,' I think. I don't actually know if I'll like it or not myself yet, I really should read it.  But it looked like Webber was depicted with a little more negative emotion than he usually is shown with, which seemed interesting to me; He can't be happy all the time, right? No one is, I imagine.

Oh I've read it myself. It's pretty good. There's even this side story involving these hound characters. It's a pretty deep AU imo. Though it's been a while since I've read the first few chapters and my memory's a little fuzzy. All I know is Webber and WX aren't exactly... friendly ^^;

Edited by DragonMage156
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Auspice    685
3 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

Eyy welcome Auspice! That's also how I got invested in DS/T. That and my friend also likes the game. Glad to see new fan artists ^_^

Eyyy thank you! 

My friend actually gifted DST to me and I just completed my bundle during the sale.

4 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

Also I'm checking out your DA. The monster Wilson you drew is interesting. Might have a lot at that story myself >u<

Thank you! YOU SHOULD IT'S GOOD

3 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

Well I know a few good ones but it really depends what type of fanfics you like. Survive the Shadows (written by AileenRose and Storm) is quite a popular one but it's quite far from the current lore. I also know more shippy stories and even a silly dragon one (that's fairly new).

I've actually read that one! It's quite good. I'm really into TheBlob's stuff, actually: Wilson and Maxwell Get Shipwrecked is fun, and The Infinite Obituary of Wilson P. Higgsbury is fantastic, even if it is discontinued. Their art is also great. (Probably partially inspired me to do fanwork tbh)

Shippy stories are a sometimes for me. I like a focus on plot more than romance, but strong bonds in general (familial, platonic, and romantic on occasion) give me those strong feels. 

OHO? I like dragons. You can probably tell from my dA.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gallusvarius    922
1 hour ago, Auspice said:

A few sketchy painting sketches of Shadow Victorian skin ideas for Wendy and Wickerbottom. 

mourning_shadows_by_frygia-dchagrp.jpg

I really love how you did Wendy here, especially the expression.
Interesting idea to fuse the two skins.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DragonMage156    25,436
12 hours ago, Auspice said:
  1. My friend actually gifted DST to me and I just completed my bundle during the sale
  2. I've actually read that one! It's quite good. I'm really into TheBlob's stuff, actually: Wilson and Maxwell Get Shipwrecked is fun, and The Infinite Obituary of Wilson P. Higgsbury is fantastic, even if it is discontinued. Their art is also great. (Probably partially inspired me to do fanwork tbh)
  3. Shippy stories are a sometimes for me. I like a focus on plot more than romance, but strong bonds in general (familial, platonic, and romantic on occasion) give me those strong feels. 
  4. OHO? I like dragons. You can probably tell from my dA.

1. I could say the same except my friend gifted me both (this was before SW was a thing and DST was still in beta) outta no where. Funnily enough I wasn't really into DS at the time due to my lack of knowledge ^^;

2. Oh I've read TheBlob's comic! :) Don't know if I've heard of that second one you mentioned though.

3. That's fine. Fluff isn't for everyone but I enjoy other kind of relationships as well.

4. Oh I didn't look at your gallery in full till now but it's hard not to love something mythical ^_^

If you wanna read the story, it's here however it's currently on hiatus due to the author having writers block ^^;

She's also drawn art for her story. Her DA link is here: https://www.deviantart.com/whimsikitty :p

10 hours ago, Auspice said:

Shadow Victorian

Ooh I love crossover skins! 0u0

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Auspice    685

How odd. I could have sworn I'd already replied...

Oh well. Guess I'll retype it. If I did and it's floating somewhere then oops

13 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

1. I could say the same except my friend gifted me both (this was before SW was a thing and DST was still in beta) outta no where. Funnily enough I wasn't really into DS at the time due to my lack of knowledge ^^;

2. Oh I've read TheBlob's comic! :) Don't know if I've heard of that second one you mentioned though.

3. That's fine. Fluff isn't for everyone but I enjoy other kind of relationships as well.

4. Oh I didn't look at your gallery in full till now but it's hard not to love something mythical ^_^

If you wanna read the story, it's here however it's currently on hiatus due to the author having writers block ^^;

She's also drawn art for her story. Her DA link is here: https://www.deviantart.com/whimsikitty :p

5. Ooh I love crossover skins! 0u0

1. Ah, I hardly knew anything at first! But I kept getting drawn in deeper and deeper into the abyss. I spend much time on the wiki.

2. Such a good time. The other fic is here: https://archiveofourown.org/works/3604665/chapters/7953018
I quite like the style of (sometimes) connected oneshots that they have. I might do something similar for what I'm writing, since I do not want to write in all the filler scenes.

3. Indeed! It all depends on my moods though.

4. Thanks! I must agree.
I HAVE READ IT after I thought I replied to you the first time. I've taken an look at the art, as well.
It's good. I want more.

... oh well. 

5. :D I liked both so I decided I'd have both. Classy and dark. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DragonMage156    25,436
10 hours ago, Auspice said:

I've taken an look at the art, as well.
It's good. I want more.

Well I don't think she's done with dragon-Wilson yet so you're still in luck >u<

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Auspice    685
16 hours ago, Auspice said:

First stream today, 'twas a great time. 

rock_lobster_by_frygia-dchj55j.jpg

Rock lobster is very interesting.

I kept confusing myself with the lighting though ahah

I made a thing during the art stream! If any of you haven't seen it, here's the forum about it: 

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gallusvarius    922
4 minutes ago, Auspice said:

I made a thing during the art stream! If any of you haven't seen it, here's the forum about it:

This is still really cool. The lobster looks like they're about to land a punch or something.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Auspice    685
3 minutes ago, gallusvarius said:

This is still really cool. The lobster looks like they're about to land a punch or something.

Heh, thank you! I've been trying out more dynamic and three-dimensional compositions lately.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Auspice    685
15 minutes ago, Auspice said:

I tried to mimic the official art style this time around.

Doodles:
doodles_by_frygia-dchpwse.jpg

Wickerbottom is fabulous. Wendy and Webber are fun. How to Wigfrid though? ??? 

Summer Illustration:
Wilson ofc

summer_heat_by_frygia-dchpwsu.jpg

I am

too lazy for a background. I've also never actually made it to summer. 

During the Dev stream today!

 

Edited by Auspice
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gallusvarius    922
19 hours ago, Auspice said:

That feel when

you get rekt by a dragoon egg

Oi. I know the feeling. It's all-too-painful.

I suggest wearing armor of some kind, maybe a seashell suit, so they don't instantly murder you. 

15 hours ago, Auspice said:

doodles_by_frygia-dchpwse.jpg

Wickerbottom is fabulous. Wendy and Webber are fun. How to Wigfrid though? ???

You did very, very well with Webber and his fur. His expression is really cute!

I was really impressed with the Wigfrid too, and Wendy. Both expressions are really fitting.
With Wigfrid - You might want to mess with the facial porportions - Like, making the eyes lower, lips lower, eyes close, mess with stuff like that. Her face is really kind of low on her head and hair covers what seems to be up to half her forehead or something...
I personally don't see anything wrong with it, but it's just a suggestion to help you with your own feelings about it. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now