What's wrong with this morb farm?

So I've not had a single morb spawn and I can't figure out why.  The clock controls the floor, active for 2% every night.  Any insight as to why not even 1 morb has ever spawned from these outhouses?5b36ca56a0966_Screenshot(179).thumb.png.37c7ae55ca61c28ea2d8e0876a3a3f9f.png

Problem in clocks :)

Really, outhouse spawns morb once in 1,5 cycles. If you open airlock, then structure became disabled, and timer resets.

Just make floor from one weight plate and one vertical airlock, so it's open only if morb already spawn. Or make waterclock to measure more than one full cycle of time

I didn't know it was 1.5 cycle minimum, and that disabling resets the timer, TYVM.

I don't like the pressure plate design, so I decided to just make an automation clock for 2 cycles.

filters are 200, buffer is 5.  I'll have to deconstruct it when I want to disable it, but I'm fine with that as once I want it disabled, it'll stay that way.

5b37e7ad8467a_Screenshot(182).thumb.png.aaa3fc0ff33a879b8e44b8466c5a7292.png

They need to stay at 0 "visits" remaining for, apparently, 900 seconds to spawn a morb, and AFAIK dupes don't use disabled outhouses, but morbs won't spawn from them either.

Just for fun, I made another 2 day clock, both buffer and filter are set to 10 seconds to wait out the 1% active time on the clock sensor.

5b37f32056fbf_Screenshot(183).thumb.png.e093f7fb1f8963c2e6e98fdcb65b5495.png

It is slightly more resource efficient than just stacking filer gates, but far less flexible for timings.

Just set the outhouse priority to 1 and try to keep an eye on the bathroom every so often. Once full I disable each outhouse in turn until they are all full, then I manually move a dupe into the room and set the door priority to prevent him leaving and anyone else entering. Set all outhouses to be enabled and move him around so that he switches them on without starting to clean them. I then set the door to allow only exit and manually move him out. Think my morb count is over 50 now.

23 hours ago, Giltirn said:

Just set the outhouse priority to 1 and try to keep an eye on the bathroom every so often. Once full I disable each outhouse in turn until they are all full, then I manually move a dupe into the room and set the door priority to prevent him leaving and anyone else entering. Set all outhouses to be enabled and move him around so that he switches them on without starting to clean them. I then set the door to allow only exit and manually move him out. Think my morb count is over 50 now.

I certainly would like to not have to keep an eye on it.  I would like my morbs to just pile up so I can work on glorious megastructures!  Also, you are a monster.  That duplicant trusted you and you betrayed him by locking him in a bathroom for 15 days.  :(

There is a not-too-complicated but constraining way to prevent outhouse to be emptied : restrict the tidy tasks to a few duplicants and prevent these duplicants to enter the area with outhouses with access restrictions on a door. I've restricted the tidy actions to the groundskeeper and plumber, logically. This way, i've filled ten outhouses in no time and I've way too many morbs.

59 minutes ago, Cilya said:

There is a not-too-complicated but constraining way to prevent outhouse to be emptied : restrict the tidy tasks to a few duplicants and prevent these duplicants to enter the area with outhouses with access restrictions on a door. I've restricted the tidy actions to the groundskeeper and plumber, logically. This way, i've filled ten outhouses in no time and I've way too many morbs.

What is this "too many morbs" of which you speak?

If you have them penned up in a small area, you can look at the decor to count them.  For some reason, disease-ridden slime monsters have a +10 to decor, so if you have +1000 decor from morbs, you have 100 morbs.

Archived