Server is not responding when gf joins my hosted game

My laptop: Win10 Pro, DST run as admin, enabled firewall.

Her laptop: Win10 Home, DST run as admin, enabled firewall .

Whenever I host a game (with or without cave), she just can't join me, it keeps stating that "Server is not responding". I don't use any mod at all. We tried this many times in few days, no luck. However, she can join other servers without any issue. This is frustrated because I bought this game just to play with my gf. 

Interesting though, when she hosts a game, I can join in without issue. But due to laptop ownership, it is safe & convenient to host game using my laptop, not hers. Her laptop has lower spec, and sharing usage with other and some other issue. I want to emphasize that we do want only host game using my laptop.

Besides, I have no issue joining other people's server. What is wrong with my laptop DST set up? Please help solve this problem.

Now when my gf using her laptop to host game, I can't join. Same issue "Server is not responding".

Now we are ****** up. Both of us cannot play DST. 

What official forum is this? No one response, no one help. Am I doing something wrong with this forum? 

I mean, you can't honestly expect a dev to help you out that quickly, especially with that attitude.

Have you tried verifying game files? And are both of your games updated?

And how are you trying to join her, through the server list or the friend list?

10 hours ago, charomega said:

Now when my gf using her laptop to host game, I can't join. Same issue "Server is not responding".

Now we are ****** up. Both of us cannot play DST. 

What official forum is this? No one response, no one help. Am I doing something wrong with this forum? 

I think I was emotion. Imagine I purchased the game and be like "hey gf, we gonna have some fun & exciting times!" Then there goes the problem. We both be like "argh!" Posted in forum and no one seems to care about their customer. There goes double "argh!". I apologize for that for my attitude. Sorry.

Have you tried verifying game files? And are both of your games updated?

And how are you trying to join her, through the server list or the friend list?

I have no idea how to verifying game files. With laptops always connected to internet, I noticed the Steam always check for update upon launching DST. We both should be no problem on game udpate.

We both try to join each other through the server list by searching keywords. We also always set up password for server. Very weird though, we have no problem joining any other people's server.

Again, I apologize for my emotion of frustration of failing playing the game. I hope anyone can help me solve this issue. My humble request. Thanks any of you in advance.

7 hours ago, Bluckles said:

https://imgur.com/a/5SvsW43

This is how to verify your game files. There is no guarantee this will work. But it is a solution.

Thanks for your work about the screenshots. I have successfully verified the game files, everything is fine for game files.

7 hours ago, Jazzy Jazzinton said:

From my experience it's best to make a 2 player friends only server and then have them join through steam chat.

I just tried this, 2 players only, joined through steam friend. It worked. But I will keep it monitoring. I have a gut feeling that won't last long. I will update if there is any.

Thank you for your effort in replying me. 

On 6/29/2018 at 2:37 PM, charomega said:

enabled firewall

There's your problem :lol:.

• Are you on the same network?
  • And either of you are joining by using the global server browser? (I don't think that ever worked for joining local servers - you must you the LAN browser).
  • Have you tried disabling the firewall?

8 hours ago, myxal said:

There's your problem :lol:.

• Are you on the same network?
  • And either of you are joining by using the global server browser? (I don't think that ever worked for joining local servers - you must you the LAN browser).
  • Have you tried disabling the firewall?

- We are on the same network.

- We both join by using Global server browser. (We create an online server, not local server)

- I read somewhere in steam before, someone mentioned it is better to enable firewall to avoid connection issue, I forgot where is it. Maybe I should test it by disabling the firewall.

Hello,

I'm hosting a game with my boyfriend. The first connexion is perfect, but when we want to reconnect together again, it never works. A message pops up : "server not responding". 
We are playing in the same room, when he tries to connect to another server he succeeds, and weither him or me host a different game on our computers the server is still not responding.. I havve no mods running. I don't know how to deactivate a firewall

Can you help us?

Thanks

Could this be similar to the issues the Gorge was having when people set up passworded servers and they couldn't be joined simply because of the password? (Removing password and people could join again). I know its not that exact issue and OP got the problem to work but I've never had an issue like this other than the Gorge problems.

Archived