[Bug?] Blast Doors melt into steel metal before overheating

So I tried making blast doors only for them to turn into steel ore the first meteor shower after they're installed in.

Is this by design? This seems a bit unreasonable since regolith and other stuff are blasting into the asteroid surface at 300+ degrees when the melt temperature of the doors are is 260 degrees C.

20180624014138_1.thumb.jpg.fe2c8860b318b24756b8f844ace2ad1f.jpg

I figured it out, actually. It's not a meltdown, it's damage. When bunker doors are hit by a meteor and closed, they get no damage, however, if they are open, like yours in the picture, the meteor destroys them and they turn into 4 tiles of 125 kg steel.

7 minutes ago, Skrivener said:

@watermelen671 I think people post here first if they're not sure, because sometimes it isn't a bug. I don't think that's too unreasonable.

If it looks like a bug, sounds like a bug, and acts like a bug, post it in the bug tracker. That way it'll actually be useful if it's a bug. If it's not, then it'll be closed and we can all move on in our lives. 

I cannot stress how often it's been said here, if you think it is a bug, do not ask us first. Post it in the bug tracker and let the devs decide. It doesn't help the devs fix things by posting it here.

1 hour ago, watermelen671 said:

If it looks like a bug, sounds like a bug, and acts like a bug, post it in the bug tracker. That way it'll actually be useful if it's a bug. If it's not, then it'll be closed and we can all move on in our lives. 

I cannot stress how often it's been said here, if you think it is a bug, do not ask us first. Post it in the bug tracker and let the devs decide. It doesn't help the devs fix things by posting it here.

I believe the phrase is "if it looks like a duck, sounds like a duck, and eats your soul, it's a duck. Just not a very nice one."

Just now, Yunru said:

I believe the phrase is "if it looks like a duck, sounds like a duck, and eats your soul, it's a duck. Just not a very nice one."

Nah, I believe the phrase goes "if it looks like a bug, sounds like a bug, acts like a bug, it's actually a feature intended to make the game harder."

Just now, watermelen671 said:

Nah, I believe the phrase goes "if it looks like a bug, sounds like a bug, acts like a bug, it's actually a feature intended to make the game harder."

"If it looks like a brahmin, flies like a brahmin, and glitches you out of the map like a brahmin, it's a feature"?

Thanks for all the comments guys. 

@borsek that makes me think I need to overhaul my automation so that the doors don't open when the meteor detector loses power. I just wish my ranches would produce more eggs so I can have eggshells for lime to make more steel.

I still think it's ridiculous that the melt temperature is lower than that of overheat so let me put up a bug complaint about that for consideration as suggested by @watermelen671. Repairing broken down buildings are more resource-friendly than you losing half of your material as you dig it when it gets melted down.

8 hours ago, watermelen671 said:

If it's that written in stone then how about a pinned post?

I've got a post about this very thing on the bug board.

From a week ago

I've since moved my glass floor way below the doors.  That was before the quantity of blocks left over by meteors was considerably reduced.

Archived