Pressure maintenance of steam turbine

Air lift using spot flow,the pressure difference can be maintained

<iframe src="//player.bilibili.com/player.html?aid=24683724&cid=41596080&page=1" scrolling="no" border="0" frameborder="no" framespacing="0" allowfullscreen="true"> </iframe>

Full video link https://www.bilibili.com/video/av24683724/

Overview of small video 手机QQ视频_20180613102547.mp4

Where is the code wrong (html)

<iframe src="//player.bilibili.com/player.html?aid=24683724&cid=41596080&page=1" scrolling="no" border="0" frameborder="no" framespacing="0" allowfullscreen="true"> </iframe>

9 hours ago, vovik said:

In the iframe. dont use it, it is an unsecure and bad stuff to use. Bad. Bad. Bad. -.-

I want to display video directly in the forum ,But I don't know how to do it .To be accurate, I don't understand the web code

This is a very interesting find, combining the infinite waterfall with the oil/petroleum dripping technique allows you to build up huge pressures. I went and turned the design into a fully automatic steam power plant with magma heat source. There is a small amount of gas destruction in this system (unsure if it comes from the steam turbine or the waterfall dripping, so I added an automated water input pipe to keep the pressure from dropping too low.

auto-pressurizing-steam-turbine.thumb.jpg.796f6b89c2ae887a586ea383e46392fc.jpg

All Tiles and liquid pipes are abyssalite, the black dot at the top of the petroleum waterfall is a few grams of crude oil to make the waterfall do its gas pushing effect. Thermo sensor is set to Above 250 C, Atmo sensor is set to Below 20 kg. (Can probably go a bit lower, but 10 kg is too low and the steam turbine will alternate between running/not running due to pressure)

I also blocked off all but one of the steam turbine's inputs to speed up the reaction time as much as possible and preserve energy. The automation switch can turn off the waterfall and by extension, the steam turbine. (I do not switch the steam turbine off with automation as that wastes energy)

The idea here is that you have a large enough battery bank to run the turbine for quite some time to minimize startup/shutdown cycles, and also disable it early enough to absorb the excess power while the waterfall and turbine are shutting down.

3 hours ago, Sevio said:

This is a very interesting find, combining the infinite waterfall with the oil/petroleum dripping technique allows you to build up huge pressures. I went and turned the design into a fully automatic steam power plant with magma heat source. There is a small amount of gas destruction in this system (unsure if it comes from the steam turbine or the waterfall dripping, so I added an automated water input pipe to keep the pressure from dropping too low.

All Tiles and liquid pipes are abyssalite, the black dot at the top of the petroleum waterfall is a few grams of crude oil to make the waterfall do its gas pushing effect. Thermo sensor is set to Above 250 C, Atmo sensor is set to Below 20 kg. (Can probably go a bit lower, but 10 kg is too low and the steam turbine will alternate between running/not running due to pressure)

I also blocked off all but one of the steam turbine's inputs to speed up the reaction time as much as possible and preserve energy. The automation switch can turn off the waterfall and by extension, the steam turbine. (I do not switch the steam turbine off with automation as that wastes energy)

The idea here is that you have a large enough battery bank to run the turbine for quite some time to minimize startup/shutdown cycles, and also disable it early enough to absorb the excess power while the waterfall and turbine are shutting down.

A small amount of gas destruction ...I had done the test that no gas destruction. May be some steam hid in the Air brick.

11 hours ago, vovik said:

whydo we even have to have pressure gradient? would someone explain this 2me?

Steam turbines work off of high pressure steam (coming from a boiler), letting it expand through the turbine. (it's basically a big ventilator/fan in reverse that makes power out of moving air instead of using power to move air)

Because gas pumps overheat at steam temperatures, they probably didn't want to just make a building that takes steam in pipes to make power.

That and it would be silly to use power  to compress steam into a pipe, then let it expand again through a turbine and get more power out of it than it took to pull it in the pipe.

I think Klei could definitely improve the steam turbine by reworking it so you can use lower temperature steam again, but give a variable amount of power corresponding directly to the amount of steam going through and the cooling done, balance it so that using a tepidizer or aquatuner to boil steam is never power positive (but you might be able to reclaim some power from boiling polluted water)

On 6/16/2018 at 10:51 AM, Sevio said:

Is this endless waterfall still working, I can't make it work in current update.

It probably does, but it requires a pocket of 2 different gases in the "boottip" of the waterfall to force the petroleum below it to be overpressurized. If all you want is to run a steam turbine with a minimum of fuss, I'd highly recommend the oxygen self-pressurizing turbine design, you can see it here:

@_Q_ (forgot to add a mention in the above post)

22 minutes ago, Sevio said:

It probably does, but it requires a pocket of 2 different gases in the "boottip" of the waterfall to force the petroleum below it to be overpressurized. If all you want is to run a steam turbine with a minimum of fuss, I'd highly recommend the oxygen self-pressurizing turbine design, you can see it here:

@_Q_ (forgot to add a mention in the above post)

Heat transfer trough standard doors is way to low, you need really good volcano for it to work, plus steam will get deleted.

The setup with endless waterfall using petroleum is much more promising, you can even make it more legit just by using liquid pumps, but then you are losing heat, and need to add colder petroleum from time to time to avoid overheating of pumps.

Bunker doors have better thermal conductivity, along with some metal tiles and diamond thermal shift plates you can transfer heat much faster than trough standard doors.

8 hours ago, _Q_ said:

Heat transfer trough standard doors is way to low, you need really good volcano for it to work, plus steam will get deleted.

No steam deletion, and with diamond tempshift plates and wolframite airlock doors the heat transfer is (more than) plenty down to temperatures of 250 C.

Archived