Gold Vocano

20180529005006_1.thumb.jpg.a30b01824b15e57f8a0b461029dcfcf5.jpg

This was running on a copper volcano using molten slickster petroleum.

Neos design is larger scale though I like to reclaim the volcano material.  Heat transfers in to the side as well as being shipped through the heat sink before being cooled down.  Water works better than the oil as the main volcano coolant.

image.thumb.png.0103086b85bca3531c749f98c9a2d427.png

Yet another silly super low tech test build. Its not meant to run 100% tho, just top off the batteries. Also, running it on cycles will allow the hydrogen to make its way to the top.

A battery will turn the turbine off and open the doors by the metal plates, and save thermal energy. The top gas layer on the turbine head is hydrogen, some 5k or so. Its just a rough sketch built in sandbox, but with slight modifications it can be made serviceable, specially the volcano chamber, to clear out the solid stuff between active periods. 

It seems to delete steam, tho, but not a lot. 

image.thumb.png.610c0691b22174a96382d46919ee63a1.png  

I wouldn't recommend using the gold volcano to heat anything. Gold has a terrible heat capacity of 0.129(J/g)/K which, along with the comparative low output, makes it fairly useless as a source of high heat 

25 minutes ago, Pyrrus said:

I wouldn't recommend using the gold volcano to heat anything. Gold has a terrible heat capacity of 0.129(J/g)/K which, along with the comparative low output, makes it fairly useless as a source of high heat 

It is still a heat source to use. If he has it he should use it instead of ignoring it.

2 hours ago, Oni Noob said:

So any suggestion where can I maximize my Gold Vocano? I am planning to use it to create steam then run my Steam Gen but not sure how to setup. Can someone kindly share their Setups?

Steam or Oil Boiler, both are viable, although steam generators are still a bit buggy. 

The only geysers I have yet to find a use for are Chlorine Geysers and Hot Steam Vents. The rest all have some use for me if I find them. I may have missed another useless one. Make use of what you get! Even a crappy geyser is still energy or some resource that you no longer need.

4 minutes ago, BlueLance said:

It is still a heat source to use. If he has it he should use it instead of ignoring it.

Steam or Oil Boiler, both are viable, although steam generators are still a bit buggy. 

If you boil oil you should also run steam turbines. The cooking of oil generates heat since KJ increase from the matter change oil -> petrol and again petrol -> gas. 

1 hour ago, Pyrrus said:

can you share your oil boiler?

1 hour ago, BlueLance said:

The only geysers I have yet to find a use for are Chlorine Geysers and Hot Steam Vents.

Can't speak to the Hot Steam Vent -- it's both too little volume and too high temp, honestly -- but Chlorine becomes part of a production chain that ends with the Hand Sanitizer.

Pressurize a room with the Chlorine product.  Hatch Squeaky Puft eggs in it.  Ranch them for Eggs (raw egg + meat + Lime) and the Bleach Stone they will produce by eating the Chlorine.  Use that Bleach Stone to supply Hand Sanitizers to replace Sinks.  Around your kitchen, at your Latrine or Medbay, and even in areas with Slimelung exposure.

You will also need some if you have any need for domestic Balm Lilies, since they require it (though nothing else) to grow.

10 minutes ago, PhailRaptor said:

Can't speak to the Hot Steam Vent -- it's both too little volume and too high temp, honestly -- but Chlorine becomes part of a production chain that ends with the Hand Sanitizer.

Pressurize a room with the Chlorine product.  Hatch Squeaky Puft eggs in it.  Ranch them for Eggs (raw egg + meat + Lime) and the Bleach Stone they will produce by eating the Chlorine.  Use that Bleach Stone to supply Hand Sanitizers to replace Sinks.  Around your kitchen, at your Latrine or Medbay, and even in areas with Slimelung exposure.

You will also need some if you have any need for domestic Balm Lilies, since they require it (though nothing else) to grow.

I don't use hand sanitizers, I hate chlorine in my base with a passion so I avoid bleachstone like the plague!

You can use the heat from the hot steam vent, but the output is so low that is pointless. Not enough to run a turbine unless you store all that heat for 12000 cycles.... Otherwise its really meh.

Archived