DiscoInferno's Art Thread

Oh yea I felt like creating one just to show some art I did,mainly uploading DST fan art or otherwise.

(I blame my friend @Atkvin for this jk jk)

This thread isn't going to be very active tho

So here's the latest ones I made so far: (on mspaint)

5b1f4a7940830_tallbirdminiboss.thumb.png.4da6bf25c9d66bca8cfaeacdfd070f7c.png

A scribble of a mini boss version of a tallbird I dreamt about yesterday,it wakes up at night and its nest is surrounded by berry bushes,players can only fight it at night

willow.thumb.png.b257220593662739c3153ecd3f6e3136.png

A scribble of Willow's Triumphant skin cept in my own style??? There's wonky proportions there (weird twig arms etc.) but I'm too lazy to fix it,might even be coloured on FireAlpaca later

That's all I have so yea henlo

(EDIT: I didnt realise the tallbird boss was missing a beak so rip)

Edited by MilesUpshore
  • Like 15

10 hours ago, MilesUpshore said:

willow.thumb.png.b257220593662739c3153ecd3f6e3136.png

This is a really nice shadow-Willow. To be honest, I actually haven't seen too much art of her shadow skin. But maybe I just haven't looked around as much as I should. 
I like how you did that flame flaring out of her lighter dramatically, and the clearly flame-like features on the skirt. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, minespatch said:

Huh, she became a brown haired. Interesting interpretation.

I blame my dreams about DST for weird cases like this :o

There's also one from my 1st DST dream that I might draw which is a giant frog boss,will come back to that if I'm not lazy :v

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gallusvarius said:

Hey, the expression in in this is really vivid, it seems to be a knowing smirk.    Also the smoky/fiery hair, but it's interesting in comparison to the normal shine of the hair on her head itself....

thx :D , also i just realised she is smirking, guess it was a subconscious decision to draw it (im more focused on details eg "make her eyebrows sharper" etc.) As for the hair, it's cos i wanted to practice more on contrasting colours (consequences of constantly drawing w/o colouring) and just went with adding more red to the tips

• Like 1

due to school (game dev & art course is hell) and procrastination, the willow art is stuck in later wip stages

but heres a quick doodle of wes as rohan kishibe from jojo's bizarre adventure cos i had to5bf443a07b17a_fockinwes.thumb.png.5d770f54ebc0bb1ac3239b1cc2c84ee7.png

EDIT: i forgot i did a 3D model of willow in 3ds max for an assignment so here it is, the nose is ehhh due to face modelling problems & UV stretching so yea

5bf4492e49ebf_willowforforums.thumb.png.d758379f514a62c315934135056179f0.png

Edited by MilesUpshore
  • Like 14

On 11/20/2018 at 12:27 PM, MilesUpshore said:
  1. but heres a quick doodle of wes as rohan kishibe from jojo's bizarre adventure cos i had to5bf443a07b17a_fockinwes.thumb.png.5d770f54ebc0bb1ac3239b1cc2c84ee7.png
  2. EDIT: i forgot i did a 3D model of willow in 3ds max for an assignment so here it is, the nose is ehhh due to face modelling problems & UV stretching so yea5bf4492e49ebf_willowforforums.thumb.png.d758379f514a62c315934135056179f0.png
  1. @DarithD, @toki-wartoothxx: Jojo art(Toki's favorite too).
    Fits Wes with the art theme.:wilson_ecstatic:
  2. Do you plan on making a version of this model for VR chat?
On 11/20/2018 at 9:46 PM, MilesUpshore said:

Anyways heres a new doodle before i go back to doing concept art homework, this time its wigfrid as hellion from darkest dungeon

EDIT: idk wat to with this though5bf4c6efdeb37_wigbuthellion.thumb.png.02a88cf0f055e57dba7babcbf364e3b6.png

Since I don't play Darkest Dungeon, I thought this was Horizon Zero Dawn crossover art. Still got the idea down pretty well.:wilson_smile:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

ay thanks (the wes idea is funny in my head thanks to his mandrake skin which spawns this revelation  :wilson_laugh: )

11 hours ago, minespatch said:

Do you plan on making a version of this model for VR chat?

also i havent heard of VR chat until now, but im not rlly making a ver for this (unity and rigging the model so yea)

11 hours ago, minespatch said:

Since I don't play Darkest Dungeon, I thought this was Horizon Zero Dawn crossover art. Still got the idea down pretty well.:wilson_smile:

i looked up Horizon Zero Dawn and realised they are both similar (long red hair for e.g.), also i dont play Darkest Dungeon too but I do watch ppl play it & i wish i can buy it to play (and pray to RNGesus)

• Like 1

On 11/20/2018 at 8:46 PM, MilesUpshore said:

nyways heres a new doodle before i go back to doing concept art homework, this time its wigfrid as hellion from darkest dungeon

EDIT: idk wat to with this though

5bf4c6efdeb37_wigbuthellion.thumb.png.02a88cf0f055e57dba7babcbf364e3b6.png

Second time I've seen wigfrid-hellion crossover. They're just too perfect of a match I suppose. 

DD is a fun game. 

• Thanks 1

On 11/23/2018 at 6:03 AM, MilesUpshore said:

also i havent heard of VR chat until now, but im not rlly making a ver for this (unity and rigging the model so yea)

Probably for the best, hackers and model thief is a really bad issue with the game... unless you play in a private world with friends/people you can trust.

That Wigfrid looks awesome! ^_^ It does kinda look like Aloy from Horizon Zero Dawn doesn't it. I know DD but not that well.

Edited by DragonMage156
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

Probably for the best, hackers and model thief is a really bad issue with the game... unless you play in a private world with friends/people you can trust.

dang didnt know thats a problem in VR chat (idk how ppl can even steal models)

also thanks! aloy and hellion look similar so yea

4 hours ago, minespatch said:

Wow! That Willow piece took months? Did something hold you back or-?

The Wendy Piece will be interesting to see when you're done.

i procrastinated on the willow piece cos i don't really feel like finishing it (which is a usual problem i have with finishing art - start drawing an idea, felt like it did work out or got bored, left it with the pile of wips), there's also school stuff to do so i kinda forgot about it until the holidays hit :wilson_dead:

im quite surprised with the painting changes by the time i started the wendy piece, i guess doing school stuff and the months-long gap did change the way i paint :o

Edited by MilesUpshore
  • Like 1