Jump to content

Recommended Posts

-queues should automatically alternate to allow multiple indefinite queues per building

-before eating, after picking up food dupes should try to get to a safe eating place within 10 tiles first

-while operating the grooming station dupes should no longer get unconsciousness because of too much heat, but break the animation and run out of the room

-critter room automation signal (+egg cracker automation input)

-indefinetly quereable incubators

-wardrobe: like the exosuit checkpoint, but with clothes

-med-bed: choose which conditions will be accepted (no hypothermia in med-bed should be possible without having to raze them all)

-injured dupes go to med-bed at night instead of cot

-building ladders automatically uproots plants in the way

-puffts should no longer die within 20 cycles after I discover them, they either suicide or starve or bug out

-no more vacuum pockets in the middle of the map that have critters in them (puffts survive oddly)

-creature traps should be 2 tiles high because otherwise they are buildable in a narrow 1 tile corridor but not harvestable

-liquid needs to be more "liquid" and not like jam, once I had a liquid wall 10 cells high, just because of liquid stacking

-"sterile atmosphere" is too strong, it should have the same effect as cooling (slowing down) but not completely stopping decay, I dare you: eat a steak that was stored under chlorine gas at 75 degrees celsius for a week

-there should be no ruins in the starting zone

-shine bugs should be more tolerant to enviromental conditions, I had 5 in my starting zone and they all died and I never found out what happened, probably stuck in a wall?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Andz said:

queues should automatically alternate to allow multiple indefinite queues per building

This would be amazing. I'd love an option to set an Electric Grill to craft all available recipes, forever, without manual intervention.

38 minutes ago, Andz said:

before eating, after picking up food dupes should try to get to a safe eating place within 10 tiles first

Pretty much only useful early game, before a dedicated food eating place is established. Still useful... it amuses me how many times I've seen a dupe pick up a muckroot and start eating it while in a CO2 area, then stop when they run out of breath.

40 minutes ago, Andz said:

building ladders automatically uproots plants in the way

Oh yeah. Would help eliminate some micro. Only if the implementation means the dupes mine the tile beneath the plant and don't attempt to manually dig it up, though.. the latter animation is MUCH longer.

41 minutes ago, Andz said:

pufts should no longer die within 20 cycles after I discover them, they either suicide or starve or bug out

I think that wild animals shouldn't be able to starve. They were fine for the ~infinity~ cycles before the dupes arrived at the asteroid; why should it be any different afterwards?

42 minutes ago, Andz said:

"sterile atmosphere" is too strong, it should have the same effect as cooling (slowing down) but not completely stopping decay, I dare you: eat a steak that was stored under chlorine gas at 75 degrees celsius for a week

Tentative agreement. I make extensive use of the CO2 inert gas food storage, and it is technically an exploit.. my food storage is 22C right now. Perhaps have a minimum temperature at which the sterile atmosphere no longer applies and decay still occurs.

43 minutes ago, Andz said:

there should be no ruins in the starting zone

Agreed. I've seen several starting areas where the ruins broke the starting wall and even introduced a bunch of slimelung slime into the starting zone.

44 minutes ago, Andz said:

shine bugs should be more tolerant to enviromental conditions, I had 5 in my starting zone and they all died and I never found out what happened, probably stuck in a wall?

They have a really short lifespan, only 25 cycles. Probably died from old age.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

9 hours ago, Andz said:

-before eating, after picking up food dupes should try to get to a safe eating place within 10 tiles first

That's what mess tables are for.

9 hours ago, Andz said:

-injured dupes go to med-bed at night instead of cot

Injured dupes dont get automically assigned to med-beds. But if you assign them, they will sleep on med-beds at nights. Who would cure them at night times anyway?

9 hours ago, Andz said:

-puffts should no longer die within 20 cycles after I discover them, they either suicide or starve or bug out

There was a problem with pufts drowning after hatching, it has been fixed. (in the preview branch)

Pufts starving to death should take significantly longer in the wild. 20 cycles is definitely not possible.

9 hours ago, Andz said:

-creature traps should be 2 tiles high because otherwise they are buildable in a narrow 1 tile corridor but not harvestable

Can't they picked up from 1 tile distance as anything else in the game?

9 hours ago, Andz said:

-liquid needs to be more "liquid" and not like jam, once I had a liquid wall 10 cells high, just because of liquid stacking

There has been a change regarding this in the preview branch as well.

9 hours ago, Andz said:

-"sterile atmosphere" is too strong, it should have the same effect as cooling (slowing down) but not completely stopping decay, I dare you: eat a steak that was stored under chlorine gas at 75 degrees celsius for a week

Not really a quality of life change, if you ask me.

9 hours ago, Andz said:

-there should be no ruins in the starting zone

Screenshots or it didn't happen.

9 hours ago, Andz said:

-shine bugs should be more tolerant to enviromental conditions, I had 5 in my starting zone and they all died and I never found out what happened, probably stuck in a wall?

I did observe wild shine bugs dying out as well. however since then a change seems to have been made that causes wild animals to lay an egg now once they get the "old" status effect (at least that's what i have seen). So unless they are confined, there should be an endless cycle.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, blash365 said:

Screenshots or it didn't happen.

I did observe wild shine bugs dying out as well. however since then a change seems to have been made that causes wild animals to lay an egg now once they get the "old" status effect (at least that's what i have seen). So unless they are confined, there should be an endless cycle.

I have also had a ruin half in my starting biome, if its POI is on the edge of its designated biome it can intrude on the starting biome, same goes for th steam vent in the slime biome, I have seen it encroach from the right into starting biomes. 

Also if the shinebugs eggs are in unfavourable conditions it will not hatch, That is how I lost most of my shine bugs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/9/2018 at 9:24 PM, Andz said:

-queues should automatically alternate to allow multiple indefinite queues per building

Yes.

On 6/9/2018 at 9:24 PM, Andz said:

-indefinetly quereable incubators

Yes.

On 6/9/2018 at 9:24 PM, Andz said:

-injured dupes go to med-bed at night instead of cot

I'd settle for a health slider that functions similar to the stress slider on message tables.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Your Item-Queue idea is pretty nice, but there should also be a 'smart grill', same stats, but if you set up a queue of say- 2 gristleberries and 1 Pepperbread, it will make 2 gristle berries, and then 1 pepperbread in order, but then it repeats and sends an automation signal. This way you could make them only make X much food so your cooks don't cook all day.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Alfons100 said:

Your Item-Queue idea is pretty nice, but there should also be a 'smart grill', same stats, but if you set up a queue of say- 2 gristleberries and 1 Pepperbread, it will make 2 gristle berries, and then 1 pepperbread in order, but then it repeats and sends an automation signal. This way you could make them only make X much food so your cooks don't cook all day.

You can use a smart fridge and automation to turn the cooker off :) I do not remember the post but someone else was doing that, pretty sure they did it so if the fridge was filled to a certain amount it would cut the power. If you use two smart fridges you could have it so that the first inputs a true signal, and the second uses a NOT circuit to make a false Signal, and use that memory switch. That way the power will stay on until the fridges are filled to x amount, and then switch off, and once empty the power will switch back on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Stuff that Dupes drop when they go to bed, become frightened, go to the bathroom etc etc, should be automatically flagged for sweeping.  Bases particularly ladder wells are constantly filling with random junk and it is a pain to clear it out constantly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/10/2018 at 11:09 AM, Ambaire said:

Tentative agreement. I make extensive use of the CO2 inert gas food storage, and it is technically an exploit.. my food storage is 22C right now. Perhaps have a minimum temperature at which the sterile atmosphere no longer applies and decay still occurs.

http://josefgases.com/nitrogen-gas-keeps-food-safe-and-appealing/   This process is called Modified Atmosphere Packaging (MAP), and can use Nitrogen, Argon, Carbon Dioxide, or Carbon Monoxide, depending on what food is being packaged. Perhaps it is not exploit ?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, kuroko0820 said:

http://josefgases.com/nitrogen-gas-keeps-food-safe-and-appealing/   This process is called Modified Atmosphere Packaging (MAP), and can use Nitrogen, Argon, Carbon Dioxide, or Carbon Monoxide, depending on what food is being packaged. Perhaps it is not exploit ?

 

Food when prepared and or stored correctly can be preserved for a long time. the problem with storing some things is that it depends if the bacteria etc is aerobic(Requires oxygen) or anerobic(Doesn't require oxygen) I am not sure how this affects foods though

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12.6.2018 at 6:07 AM, kuroko0820 said:

http://josefgases.com/nitrogen-gas-keeps-food-safe-and-appealing/   This process is called Modified Atmosphere Packaging (MAP), and can use Nitrogen, Argon, Carbon Dioxide, or Carbon Monoxide, depending on what food is being packaged. Perhaps it is not exploit ?

 

It is out of the question that inert gases prolongs shelf life. Ground meat for example stays fresh for 6 days instead of 1 day if it is being packaged in inert atmosphere. The problem is:

1) that "inert gas" + high temperature doesn't work for food preservation because the amino acids decompose anyway and there are anearboic bacteria.

2) "intert gas" does not make food indefinetly edible, even at low temperatures, in fact some bacteria are completely unaffected by it: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11848563

So that is the "reality", of course this is a fantasy game, so who cares about reality.

Well the problem right now in my view is that the overall concept of indefinetly preserved food is too strong. In most setups it makes refrigerators completely obsolete, which is a serious game design problem.

I personally would change the concept in such a way that decay gets slowed down while in inert atmosphere but not completely halted. That will not harm early bases, because by cycle 10 or so you should have access to a fridge or a cold biome.

Also I personally would make more recipies available that let you choose what you want. Max. cal or max preservation. Example: Meat yerky, or maybe a canning station

 

If I am not mistaken dupes automatically heal if laying in a med-bed without interaction, but on the other side never visit a med-bed even if they run around injured a couple of days. Sometimes it is hard to keep track of track all "Minor Injuries".

On 10.6.2018 at 1:53 PM, blash365 said:

 

Injured dupes dont get automically assigned to med-beds. But if you assign them, they will sleep on med-beds at nights. Who would cure them at night times anyway?

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

- give water sieve the same output/input temperature (I know some ppl say this is harder, but actually I find it easier. To balance the changes out replace one of the guranteed Cold Steam Geyser with one Cold Slush Geyser.) I played 3 games with a cold slush and water sieve mod and it plays out almost too easy.

-exosuit docks need the option: return this dock only (a space gets reserved and the dupe can only leave through this station and no other station)

-pipes need to become over-buildable with a new material

-ladders should be replaceable by plastic ladders

-duplicant tube crossing should be able to cross fire poles and ladders

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

×
×
  • Create New...