Liquid cooled bunker doors for solar power plants

12 minutes ago, chemie said:

Interesting.  My coal gens maybe run 2% of the time once Nat gas is up fully with pet gens as the main backup.

I will not be using solar and sadly see no use in critters right now.

well you will still need the coal if you plan to make steel

1 hour ago, Neotuck said:

well you will still need the coal if you plan to make steel

Once I see a reason for bunker doors but I believe the doors and sensors will make solar negative power gain so I doubt I need steel.  plus you can get a lot of coal from around the map.  I decided a dup digging a bit of coal was better than a full time rancher.

8 minutes ago, chemie said:

Once I see a reason for bunker doors but I believe the doors and sensors will make solar negative power gain so I doubt I need steel.  plus you can get a lot of coal from around the map.  I decided a dup digging a bit of coal was better than a full time rancher.

good point

11 minutes ago, chemie said:

Once I see a reason for bunker doors but I believe the doors and sensors will make solar negative power gain so I doubt I need steel.

That is interesting.  What is the ratio when you have to take all that in to consideration.  Still, power isn't the only thing space has to offer.

Is it possible to use a steam turbine out there for pasta making?

Honestly, I feel like this game requires all kinds of understanding of math and material heat exchange to make proper cooling and all sorts of stuff, everyone has graphs for stuff that are moon speak to me. netSd69.gif I think there's a problem when things are so complicated you have users making detailed graphs with advanced formulas.

7hHluFy.jpg

9 minutes ago, eggsvbacon said:

Is it possible to use a steam turbine out there for pasta making?

Honestly, I feel like this game requires all kinds of understanding of math and material heat exchange to make proper cooling and all sorts of stuff, everyone has graphs for stuff that are moon speak to me. netSd69.gif I think there's a problem when things are so complicated you have users making detailed graphs with advanced formulas.

7hHluFy.jpg

Most of that math stuff just goes straight over my head and trying to understand the graphs makes my head feel like it's been on a weekend trip through the neural vascillator.  If I need a wee bit of cooling in places I just toss in a few ice sculptures and I'm good.  If I'm trying to down a large area in like the caustic biome I'll just throw in lines of cold carrots and go work on other projects while it chills out.  So far it's been working for my slow playstyle.  I haven't played around with the oil/lava zones or A.E.T.N.s yet, so that could change how I do things.

Bad design, Solar panel need cool off too since is does generate heat, You cant auto dig while Bunker door are open and there are only 1 tile below bunker so dups cant go inside there and dig while close, need too much manual input, Not actually cool off the system, but they just transfer heat to petrol, so it will broke eventually, and when  it broke, it took so so much resource to repair/build.

Archived