• Lime, created from egg shells and used for Steel
    • Pure carbon, produced from Kilns
    • Glass, produced from the Glass Forge
  • Updated egg production economy
    • Egg Cracker building to mark specific eggs as food ingredients
    • Varying egg masses per creature type
    • Stored eggs lose viability and eventually can't hatch

13 minutes ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

I think farming pacu just to get some lime could become the new meta.

No meta for me, how ranching works for now. For energy production there are existig x options, but to get lime, i have to ranch critters?
When a storage is set to store egg shells, it seems that dupes break eggs.
There is no way to get specific critters back, when "chain" is broken once"
Light critters die out easy for example. Dreckos are so many after some cycles.
Solar section is ...... like steam gen, but we need no nerf (again) of other things, to make bad stuff attractive.
Game is no way rewarding players, aside building hier tier stuff, or to automate things.
As soon as player reaches automation, he can kill 50% of his dupes, or start ranching..

My Metal Refinery offers the usual four Copper, Iron, Gold and Tungsten. I have a Kiln that gives me Ceramics and Refined Carbon (Good for what BTW?) and a Glass Forge for ... Glass. My menus do not show a Smelter. Either I need new glasses or its not there?

4 minutes ago, SchlauFuchs said:

My Metal Refinery offers the usual four Copper, Iron, Gold and Tungsten. I have a Kiln that gives me Ceramics and Refined Carbon (Good for what BTW?) and a Glass Forge for ... Glass. My menus do not show a Smelter. Either I need new glasses or its not there?

Did you made refined carbon yet?

And also lime from the Crusher?

Its in the metal refinery. Unfortunately its a bit hidden, because the options do only appear when you have the raw resources available.

It's pretty handy for copper, iron and gold, because it is only logical that you can refine those ores as soon as you mine them.

However with steel you need to actively PRODUCE IRON (you know, the refined metal, that is basically useless). For the option to appear.

I cant confirm it, because i had lime and pre carbon upfront, but it is very possible that you need to actively produce those as well to make steel appear in the metal refinery.

This is a slight oversight by klei and i would appreciate if the steel option would appear as soon as the player has iron ore, egg shells and coal (or simply at the same time as iron is displayed). Along with a detailed glossary entry on how to produce those.

11 hours ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

5040kg lime for one complete row of bunker doors

=> 50.400 Shine bug eggs if you manage to not carry any shells to your compost

Did you check after the latest change to egg shells?

Eggs that become inviable now create the appropriate mass of raw egg/shell.

1 hour ago, blash365 said:
13 hours ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

5040kg lime for one complete row of bunker doors

=> 50.400 Shine bug eggs if you manage to not carry any shells to your compost

Did you check after the latest change to egg shells?

They only changed what happens to inviable eggs. (So just easier to manage the eggs, doesn´t reduce the amount of needed eggs)

Or to achiev the least amount of egg, why not use pacu: Only 2520 eggs for one row of blast door ;)

Archived