Airlock for AETN

4 hours ago, abud said:

Already tried that,and not efficient because huge pressure in there (more about it in previous post)

I use it between a room with 20 kg pressure of hydrogen and another room at 2 kg pressure, but it's true i need to add it a atmo sensor with some check point to prevent gas exchange

5 hours ago, avc15 said:

I used to have some concern that heat would conduct down the transit tube and back out into the cold H2, but it's just not happening. Basically no heat transfers across the 2-long tube connecting between those crossings. I can't explain the mechanics behind it, but it has something to do with the way buildings transfer heat. I'm pretty sure the crossings count as tiles and the tubes count as buildings.

It's the same thing as Tempshift Plates not being able to interract with each other directly.  There must be some other object or medium in order for thermal energy to move between the Plates.  You can build a test chamber in debug.  Put 2 Diamond Tempshift Plates immediately next to each other in a vacuum, one of them at or close to 0 K, the other at whatever temperature is molten hot, like 500 K or something.  Heat will not transfer between them, unless you put some other object or substance in the chamber in contact with both Plates.  A gas, a liquid, a Tile...

How about this:

image.thumb.png.ad6a7ad99b6655e6c9c91a2328aaffa7.png

"AND" gate, weight plates set to >20kg(because of dupe weight=30kg and door weight = 200kg).

• When both side doors close(200kg pressure) middle door opens.
  • When at least 1 of the side doors opens, middle it tries to close and locks it for a while, at least until the 2 side doors are closed. Then it opens the middle door and vacuum is restored.

If tiles below at least 1 of the doors are Abyssalite it shouldn't leak heat?

It's similar to the filter gate solution presented earlier, but with an and gate instead.

Why use it?

• Simple? (to understand + use - no filters/buffers to setup)
  • Doesn't delete gas (usually). I managed to delete gas when the dupe changed his mind while in the middle and went back - left door never opens, right door closes first  - bad! But it shouldn't happen too often.
  • creates vacuum as soon as possible, minimizing heat exchange
  • keeps middle door(mostly) open, so dupes are allowed to pass

Potential drawbacks(that I can think of)

• some gas still passes on the other side each time you open the door, so it shouldn't be used in extreme environments.
  • little customization possible - no filters and buffers also means I can't change the speed of closing/opening, so a slower dupe might not be able to pass
    • However, I tested with a -5 athletics dupe and he still managed to pass, given the sensors are >20kg(I had >199kg in the beginning and it didn't work, but when it's >20kg it waits for the dupe to pass before closing and locking the middle)
      • You CAN customize the weight plate to
        • >20 - slow dupes - middle starts closing when dupe isn't walking on the side doors.
        • > 30 up to >199 - fast dupes - middle starts closing as soon as at least 1 side door is opened.
    • Note that actually pausing the game while the doors work makes HUGE difference - I managed to make the middle door close before the dupe even walked on the first door ... yet without pause it works fine.
  • If a dupe drops something on one of the side doors it pushes those debris to the side when closing, so that shouldn't be a problem too. It also doesn't delete the material if the material is in the middle.

Here's something funny - a dupe sleeping in the middle.

image.thumb.png.a6d3baeaa22380d9b167ab19cb46f168.png

Here is something not funny - same dupe dead after sleeping too much! 1 more case that breaks it - a dead dupe doesn't allow the door to lock, so no vacuum in this case! I guess that will break all door setups, so moral of the story - don't let your dupes die(in that position at least, let them die freely on the open area on the sides)

image.thumb.png.1b407e6329464a40281e2dbb7e623f26.png

And here's how to solve the dead dupe problem - bury him! That's 1 good use for the tasteful memorial so far! BTW deconstructing that grave makes the dead dupe inside disappear and gives you the materials back, so you can use it to delete corpses.

image.thumb.png.db9c2232be3f93e7840a8a313c8b6699.png

2 hours ago, Hellshound38 said:

simple double waterlock with vacuum between them

Left waterlock will be frozen, it is far under -60C IIRC

I appreciate all the suggestion, but how come you guys resurrect topic from ranch update? I don't even open this world anymore :D

Sorry about that, I was just trying to make a proper vacuum airlock with 3 doors and searched the forum, I found 4-5 threads, that seemed like a good pick :) But I have to admit Alex_D's solution might be better, especially the one with only 1 pressure plate.

My goto solution to AETN airlock aretubes since they arrived. But before I had ecent results with liquid natgas. It has condensation temp of 161.5C so you need to make sure all tiles are full, otherwise passing dupes gassify it. But once properly set up, it works just fine.

Archived