Skill rewards for jobs are free. Why?

Just as a new dupe arrived from a printer I always go through the same routine - assign him to every job and then leave with one he is most fitting for.

Reason - dupes get skill bonus from BEING ASSIGNED to a job, not for mastering it.

So every dupe will get +2 to construction, str etc.

Maybe it should be more logical for dupes to get their skill bonus after reaching 100% mastery?

Pretty sure they only keep the bonus after mastering, along with increased decor and food requirements. I like it this way, gives you a longer path to superdupes. I generally run my whole colony through courier, architect, and miner just for the convenience.

In real work industry, people don't suddenly forget developed skills by working somewhere else. Why would a dupe who mastered one type of job forget how to dig if he becomes an architect?

That's the logic behind the current system, anyways. It makes sense.

No it doesnt make sense. What made sense would be spending time training - but thats not fun is it?

I tested this some time ago and they didnt keep the training until mastery, but its possible that now they do. I liked the earlier version better. This is just legalized cheating through some tedious clickings. A bit disappointing, but nothing major.

Archived