Advancing To Tenured Scientists Is A Disadvantage

Advancing to tenured Scientist puts you into a disadvantage.

Because without tenured scientists you see a red icon, marking geysers, including buried geysers, which could be hard to locate because you can identify them only by moving cursor over or by three tiles of neutronium, which could be easily mistaken for other mineral.

But if you explore with unpromoted scientists, you have a clear indication of hidden geysers.

Simplest solution, IMO, would be to keep an icon, with something like "not analized" or something. At least then players would have a reason to promote scientists, as they only letting you know about dormancy status.

You can get a dupe with Scientist mastery and then assign him another job (e.g. Miner). When you have a geyser to analyze, just switch him to Tenured Scientist and then back after the analysis is done. One scientist can analyze about two geysers before he gets the Tenured mastery so if you have a few, you can get all your geysers analyzed without getting permanent Tenured Scientist mastery dupe.

2 hours ago, ethelena said:

Advancing to tenured Scientist puts you into a disadvantage.

Because without tenured scientists you see a red icon, marking geysers, including buried geysers, which could be hard to locate because you can identify them only by moving cursor over or by three tiles of neutronium, which could be easily mistaken for other mineral.

But if you explore with unpromoted scientists, you have a clear indication of hidden geysers.

Simplest solution, IMO, would be to keep an icon, with something like "not analized" or something. At least then players would have a reason to promote scientists, as they only letting you know about dormancy status.

ARGGGGGGHHHHHH   I wish I had known this earlier.  Wondering why I'm having a devil of a time finding any others.....

thanks for posting though.

Geysers and volcanoes get a spinny thingamajig after being analyzed, so thats the indication. As for what you mentioned, i honestly never noticed.

Also, rotating dupes through scientist training raises their learning permanently, same as rotating through any or all other jobs, to get specific bonuses. It's cross training, and its good.

20 minutes ago, suicide commando said:

There is another easy way to find buried geysers. Examine the map with thermal overview on. The neutronium will show up as a different temperature than the surroundings. So it's easier to spot the 4 tiles of it, then go have a look at what is buried there.

Marking the whole map (or its visible part) for digging makes the neutronium bases stand out much better than thermal view.

Archived