Mecha Chester form? Yay or nay

Hey everyone I hope you are all surviving in DST. I would like to know your thoughts on the Chester forms and if you guys and girls would like more of them. I would like a Kinda robot Chester that takes 9 gears to transform him on a full moon and you could use additional gears to upgrade him. I think this is a pretty cool idea and maybe every time he gets upgraded he gets more hp or maybe he can gain the ability to attack and each gear increases damage but there would be a cap to how many gears he could receive.

also if he dies he would drop 50% of the gears used on him anyway this is just a thought so what do all of you think about new Chester forms I’d like to see what everyone else comes up with.

Unless you're careless, Chester really shouldn't be dying in the first place. So more health is kinda useless. And if I wanted something to follow me around to attack stuff I'd use shadow duelists pigs or bunnymen.

If Chester was to receive another upgrade, it should have something to do with the fact that he's a walking chest instead of changing him into something he's not.

16 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Unless you're careless, Chester really shouldn't be dying in the first place. So more health is kinda useless. And if I wanted something to follow me around to attack stuff I'd use shadow duelists pigs or bunnymen.

If Chester was to receive another upgrade, it should have something to do with the fact that he's a walking chest instead of changing him into something he's not.

That’s a good point I find he doesn’t really die either haha. Maybe he could receive an auto pick up ability like the lazy explorer but not as strong. 

He could act like a magnet explaining the auto pick up ability 

also yeah bunnymen and pigs are probably the better option and use less resources so having an attack ability is also pretty pointless Haha

18 hours ago, Starlogy said:

but why tho

Just feel like it would be interesting 

1 hour ago, Naechan said:

Fire Chester please. 

I miss being able to cook entire stacks of monstermeat to feed it to the bird. :(

(I know it's never going to happen, but a girl can dream...)

Yeah that would be cool. He could have a crockpot tab off to the side as well as his additional 9 item slots

4 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

"Building" would imply she's an engineer. She seems to be more of a maintenance worker/mechanic to me.

But why can she build structures faster than everyone else if she wasn’t at least adept at building. she wouldn’t need to be an engineer to be able to build stuff

12 hours ago, Southee said:

But why can she build structures faster than everyone else if she wasn’t at least adept at building. she wouldn’t need to be an engineer to be able to build stuff

I suppose you have a point there. But specifically building new machines is engineering. Making something like this specific to Winona would promote the Winona = engineer idea that a lot of people seem to think about her. Even though there is a difference between an engineer and maintenance worker/mechanic.

I'd also like to point out that Klei realized this as well, and any reference to engineering in her leaked speech files was changed to something else in her official one.

On 3/30/2018 at 9:34 PM, Southee said:

Yeah that would be cool. He could have a crockpot tab off to the side as well as his additional 9 item slots

If you're going this route, why not turn all 9 slots into crockpot slots for the ultimate crockpot cookout.

Also it might seem kinda dumb but if you still wanted an attacking chester, maybe turn the eyebone into a weapon (durability repairable with bone shards or it could have no durability. Up to you) and when used by the player to attack something, chester also attacks, regardless of form. Granted each form gives different effects (ie) ice chester freezes enemies, shadow chester has more power/summons shadow chesters/stronger at night/whatever you want. I think it's interesting they make Hutch able to attack when you shove a spear in him but chester is just a happy pacifist.

5 hours ago, Wesminator said:

If you're going this route, why not turn all 9 slots into crockpot slots for the ultimate crockpot cookout.

Also it might seem kinda dumb but if you still wanted an attacking chester, maybe turn the eyebone into a weapon (durability repairable with bone shards or it could have no durability. Up to you) and when used by the player to attack something, chester also attacks, regardless of form. Granted each form gives different effects (ie) ice chester freezes enemies, shadow chester has more power/summons shadow chesters/stronger at night/whatever you want. I think it's interesting they make Hutch able to attack when you shove a spear in him but chester is just a happy pacifist.

That’s a pretty interesting thought. I like the idea of bone shards repairing the eye bone and Chester having different attack augments based on his form. Also thanks for telling me about hutch and the spear I didn’t know that was a thing lol

17 minutes ago, Southee said:

Also thanks for telling me about hutch and the spear I didn’t know that was a thing lol

Np though I forgot to mention that Hutch doesnt really 'attack' per se just deals back damage for when things hit him. With Chester I'm thinking a full on attack with animation and all.

1 minute ago, Wesminator said:

Np though I forgot to mention that Hutch doesnt really 'attack' per se just deals back damage for when things hit him. With Chester I'm thinking a full on attack with animation and all.

Oh right I get it. It’s kinda like the cactus Armor in shipwrecked it still seems useful though a lot of the time when I can’t be bothered kiting spiders I just let hutch tank them but now if I give him a spear hutch can dish out a little damage. Thanks that’s a helpful tip :)

Wish there was a permanent follower either a Pig guardian, Tall bird, or a friendly McTusk. and respawn just like Chester.

The game would be more fun with companions, who do stuff XD im looking at you pets.

Or be able to upgrade pets into attacking followers.

7 minutes ago, MisterPockets said:

Wish there was a permanent follower either a Pig guardian, Tall bird, or a friendly McTusk. and respawn just like Chester.

The game would be more fun with companions, who do stuff XD im looking at you pets.

Or be able to upgrade pets into attacking followers.

Mctusk would be cool like if you could find the baby Mctusk lost in spring like he somehow got separated from his parent and they left him behind. You could feed him fish to gain his trust and he would become a ranged attacking follower

4 hours ago, Southee said:

Mctusk would be cool like if you could find the baby Mctusk lost in spring like he somehow got separated from his parent and they left him behind. You could feed him fish to gain his trust and he would become a ranged attacking follower

That sounds adorable. "Parenting simulator".

Archived