How do you get dirt?

11 minutes ago, FullMetalArthur said:

I make a small exit conected to a balm lilly farm plot (the one that needs pipes for irrigation) and since balm lilly grows anywhere it consumes the excess polluted water nicely. Of course I conect a liquid valve with 50gr/s so it doesnt take all the polluted water.

Balm lily? That does not need irrigation. Do you mean Thimble reed?

My solution is having priority return bridge on the clear water side and overflow is going to storage or electrolyser.20180328233712_1.thumb.jpg.04bdf1b549d89e076c9d9704fb1f69d6.jpg

This build is suffering from too short PW pipe, next base I'll use a "radiator" storage space before the sieve.

3 hours ago, FullMetalArthur said:

I make a small exit conected to a balm lilly farm plot (the one that needs pipes for irrigation) and since balm lilly grows anywhere it consumes the excess polluted water nicely. Of course I conect a liquid valve with 50gr/s so it doesnt take all the polluted water.

I can only assume you mean Thimble Reed, seeing as Balm Lilies require an atmosphere of Chlorine in order to grow.  You can't just place them "anywhere".

9 hours ago, Saturnus said:

Nope. It's 0.1%. It's been demonstrated numerous times. Although if you have contrary evidence that it's been changed with the ranching upgrade that would be nice to know.

I think it has changed:

2018-03-28.thumb.png.97ccfdd9c9c0b2f4520ea34bc1a22fc3.png

Abyssalite tiles, the space was vacuum before painting in with the settings shown. I also tested with some not-yet-boiled polluted water into which I dropped very hot igneous rock to bring it over the boiling point, and it was the same: 8kg dirt, 792kg steam. It also dropped 1.5 degrees.

9 hours ago, Oni Noob said:

I forgot to ask, how do you cook fertilizer whats your method on heating it?

Contact oven is probably the lowest effort way, but there are many. This one is only partially constructed but what you do to finish it is just fill it with granite compactors set to collect only fertilizer. When you have enough fertilizer loaded in, you want a vacuum lock that will keep heat inside the oven, a thermostat that will cook the chamber to 130C, and a manual switch outside to enable temp control or just shut off the oven (open contact doors).

The conductive walls are made of tungsten, the contact doors are made of wolframite. Automation to the doors should be made of tungsten or some other metal with a high melting point.

vNOCMXi.png

15 hours ago, avc15 said:

Contact oven is probably the lowest effort way, but there are many. This one is only partially constructed but what you do to finish it is just fill it with granite compactors set to collect only fertilizer. When you have enough fertilizer loaded in, you want a vacuum lock that will keep heat inside the oven, a thermostat that will cook the chamber to 130C, and a manual switch outside to enable temp control or just shut off the oven (open contact doors).

The conductive walls are made of tungsten, the contact doors are made of wolframite. Automation to the doors should be made of tungsten or some other metal with a high melting point.

vNOCMXi.png

I know tungsten is great conductor of heat but whats with the door made of wolfermite?

when the door is open it doesn't conduct at all, since there's vacuum between your tungsten plates. When the door is closed wolframite is a pretty good conductor. Wolframite also can't be melt at any temperatures you can reach in game at this time, so it won't break on you.

Just very simple to regulate the heat in this oven, you just throw a temp sensor inside the chamber and set it to active (open) when above 130C. Then you just build the first tungsten plate next to a volcano or some magma.

21 hours ago, PhailRaptor said:

I can only assume you mean Thimble Reed, seeing as Balm Lilies require an atmosphere of Chlorine in order to grow.  You can't just place them "anywhere".

Yeah my bad heh. Its better than conecting a whole pipe to another building like electrolizers since is just a few dozen grams of PW, and the flow is not even constant, just every now and then. The timble reed consumes that little and eventually keeps growing.

Best polluted water boiler i've seen does double duty by cooling down water with a few aqua tuners and using their heat to boil the polluted water.  So you make one thing real hot and another thing cold for food.  The super hot water I send to something out of the way like an oil well.  Since it is for food it doesn't heat up too quickly so I am probably producing more polluted oxygen. than clean water and dirt.

1 hour ago, greggbert said:

If you play the game a long time you will know this for true.

The best way to get lots of dirt is to start eating liceloaf or meal lice as early in the game as as possible.

sounds more like a way to use up dirt 

Archived