Some Borg Cube Alternatives

10 hours ago, Flydo said:

I will simplify: Thermodynamic say more heat more heat and one again more heat and ONI is a game with realistic physic laws (as it's possible to have a playable game)

the batteries heating up, algae dezox too, electrosyzer, all the gen, almost all machine made heat, you can manage it without deleting it (except if thermo regulator or thermo aquatuner deleting more heat they made in certain condition, but it will be a heat deleters by the fact)

I started this game at the first day and one of first thing they added it's ice biome to help us survive a little more time (with weezie that could help us survive more longer.

If you sure of this, please try it without anything they can't delete heat, survive, eat food, made oxygen, and die by heat at the end. even if you made a wall vaccum, put the machine heating outside (they will breaking by overheating at a time) or inside and evacuate it (at a moment you will have trouble of overpressured and you can't evacuate heat anymore and you're screw)

You need a void to evacuate heat indefinitly and it's already in the code, dev planned to add

It's for a reason that player with big base use heat deleter and exploit to manage heat cause without the end is already fixed

But it's not a critic, try it, use debug mode at the begining and delete all the wezzie, the ATEN, and don't use any exploit or something that can deleting heat, you will see by yourself it's the better way to understand

There are systems that need heat to operate, and a side effect is a loss in total energy reducing in a loss of the heat.  For example, on my 350+ cycle base I have a boiler that I also use to cool things. Basically it moves heat into the boiler area where polluted water is boiled into steam.  This results in a net loss of energy as the clean steam has a lower specific heat capacity than polluted water.  I ran with ideas that Luminite2 wrote about, and can actually cool a significant area of my base.  There are no "exploits" unless you count the loss of thermal energy in the process of converting polluted water to steam, provided you have a sufficient supply of polluted water.

TLDR: By moving the heat into a specific area, you can use it to your advantage and avoid eventual heat-death.

On 28.03.2018 at 6:01 AM, Luminite2 said:

The clean water gets re-polluted at the vent.

Is this scheme works after MKII update? I just build it and in my case clean water stays clean and finally overperssure the vent. In which circumstances H2O turns into PH2O? i mean without carbon skimmer or something.

On 4/4/2018 at 7:38 AM, KittenIsAGeek said:

.  There are no "exploits" unless you count the loss of thermal energy in the process of converting polluted water to steam, provided you have a sufficient supply of polluted water.

Every objection I've seen to fixed-temp output machines by those who consider them an exploit applies equally to this process.  I would argue personally that fixed temp output machines are more realistic than polluted water having a vastly different spec heat than clean water.

I personally put those two at the same level of "exploity".  It isn't realistic and will likely be changed in the future, but they are also fair game because they were intentionally added to the game makers in their world.  The drip cooling bug was at another level of exploity, as no stated physical rule of the game accounted for it.

Archived