[Game Update] - 261452

• Developer
  • Revert the crash fix for vests as it was causing more crashes. We'll look in to it further.
  • Toilets no longer crash if they were flushing when the game loaded
  • Fixed Polymer Press description

As well, here are the changes from 261394 from earlier today:

• Wild critters lose fertility to prevent them from laying infinite eggs
  • Fixed tooltips on Priorities screen
  • Critters get unhappy if in a door, tile, or tiny room
  • Fixed Toggle priority on buildings that don't normally have priority (like the Printing Pod)
  • Adjusted the default priority of auto-disinfect on buildings which don't have priority to 5
  • "Research Complete" notification tooltip fixed
  • Ration Boxes and Fridges fetch errand priorities are now controlled by Supply rather than Storage
  • Insulated pipes/vents once again insulate
  • Tweaked the starting calories and hungry range so that creatures try and stay more full. This prevents wild creatures in new games from sitting around doing nothing for many cycles.
  • Transfer arm now (mostly) can't pick up or deliver through tiles
  • Improved Wrangle fx
  • Duplicants will now take more than one pill from a stack of pills.
  • Fixed several temperature bugs with Pneumatic Doors
  • Farmer's Touch will no longer make crops grow if they are stifled
  • Disabling an errand group on the Priorities screen will now disable those errands even if it's the dupe's current Job.
  • Fix crash when duplicants tried putting on too much clothing: Duplicants can no longer equip more than one vest
  • Fix crash that could occur when crops dropped their fruit
  • Fix a crash in the Planter side screen
  • More helpful error message when a game can't be saved
  • Added/fixed icons for many Database entries
  • Increased capacity of the Critter Feeder to 2,000kg

View full update

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

Farmer's Touch will no longer make crops grow if they are stifled.

Hmm... nah, im staying on 260921 ;)

Nice try though!

Ok so we have atmo suits checkpoint, so how about laundromat checkpoint? Like lower tech you must wear this warm sweater sonny before you venture to those cold lands!

Edited by cpy
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, cpy said:

Ok so we have atmo suits checkpoint, so how about laundromat checkpoint? Like lower tech you must wear this warm sweater sonny before you venture to those cold lands!

Why not just have them wear all of them at once? 

Image result for man wearing multiple layers of clothing

28 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Wild critters lose fertility to prevent them from laying infinite eggs

Well that sucks, now we have to kill off all of the old.

Good news is, my dupes will be eating meat tonight.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, cpy said:

or maybe just upgrade the duplicant checkpoint coz it has very few uses

Works fine, thanks Klei!

I'm having problem with valves, though. Duplicants seem to completely ignore their flow change requests even when they build things right around them. So far I fixed it by boosting the tinkering priority for all duplicants but I'm not sure if that's a good solution. I didn't spend too much time investigating the issue, too. Maybe later.

Can we get more water? Stiffled fertilizer growth kinda compensate for lack of water. I love my big bases :(

So if plants eats 40-200kg of water per 1 harvest, maybe dupes should reflect that in toilets? Making more waste water?

Edited by cpy

1 hour ago, cpy said:

Can we get more water? Stiffled fertilizer growth kinda compensate for lack of water. I love my big bases :(

So if plants eats 40-200kg of water per 1 harvest, maybe dupes should reflect that in toilets? Making more waste water?

Can you come back with this question/complaint when you actually use up all the water available on the map?

There are plants and foods which don't require it.

Process your slime into water and oxygen.

Melt all the cold biomes, use up all polluted water.

Think of it as a challenge if it helps.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cpy said:

Dupes burn calories from running around etc, its not like all calories go to the loo :p

1 hour ago, BlueLance said:

Dupes burn calories from running around etc, its not like all calories go to the loo :p

Conservation of mass. They are not black holes with accretion disks that converts about 50% of mass into pure energy based on formula E=mc^2.

You exhale calories as CO2 and piss out lot of food too. Did you know that even our food 20%ish water?

1 hour ago, Grimgaw said:

Can you come back with this question/complaint when you actually use up all the water available on the map?

There are plants and foods which don't require it.

Process your slime into water and oxygen.

Melt all the cold biomes, use up all polluted water.

Think of it as a challenge if it helps.

Shrooms require slime. All my slime is gone ;( Cold biomes are nearly all melted. Jungle pools are like only 5 left. It's not challenging, i can kill most dupes and live with 3-5 permanently! But that's not what I want. I want more stuff to juggle i guess to be able to sustain more dupes. New volcanoes are pointless, i have SO MUCH metal but so little ore and water. I get so much gold iron and copper because of good seed.

Hmm phosporite geyser/fumarole needed :D

Edited by cpy

21 minutes ago, cpy said:

You exhale calories as CO2 and piss out lot of food too. Did you know that even our food 20%ish water?

Yeah I know that. but even then thats a loss in calories :p our dupes only consume 1000 calories a day, we do not know how many of those calories are used to keep them alive through breathing etc

2 hours ago, BlueLance said:

Yeah I know that. but even then thats a loss in calories :p our dupes only consume 1000 calories a day, we do not know how many of those calories are used to keep them alive through breathing etc

Those are duplories, they seem to have different metabolism because their body does not shut down with even low core body temperature. They are like evolved kerbals that suddenly require food and oxygen and water! They drink way too much. Have you seen how much water goes into their plants? No wonder they don't drink as an individual activity, they have like 100kg of water in food!

• Haha 1