why doesn't this scrubber run?

I'm sure the answer is obvious but this is my first time trying to make machines run on a closed water loop with no tank.

Notice the bridge after my sieves fills up but no water goes to the scrubber. The scrubber has power, is immersed in CO2, has an outlet to the PW tank, and should have a supply of germy water (though it behaves as if it doesn't).

I reconstructed every pipe and joint to make sure there isn't a piece disconnected somewhere.

image.thumb.png.d111b566e32bf144f2278fdb9935bf63.png

image.thumb.png.deace91b90898316ad700a9c2ff5b36c.pngimage.thumb.png.29658f5e18a7e96da458b180b417cb0b.png

Just now, Oozinator said:

Sometimes deconstruct/reconstruct helps or save/load, or dancing in a circle (circle dancing has a confirmed limited success rate for the fridge problem).

Sorry, double whammy on glitches caused me to repost a fragment of a thread I made like a month ago before I even had a chance to finish typing the title :)

I fixed my post now.

I honestly don't see anything wrong with those, unless the double bridge from the sieves are confusing things.

However, that's not a closed loop and it's also serious overkill.  1 sieve can run multiple skimmers.  Also if all you want is to clean co2 and aren't using the skimmer to remove heat, then you can use an actual closed loop.  Skimmer to sieve back to skimmer.  Skimmers output exactly the same quantity of ph2o as the require in clean h20.

ok, sure, it's not a closed loop. it's more like I'm just not putting an expansion tank for germy water in the system, instead delivering straight from the sieve to the skimmer. I have an expansion tank for PO2 because I'm planning on adding other systems to the PO2 headers and need room for expansion.

So here I've cut down on the complexity a lot just to reduce the number of possible culprits, like you suggested. Notice though that the output line still isn't filling, it only fills if I put a bridge inline, and then only up to the bridge. Why won't the bridge deliver to the skimmer?

image.thumb.png.6d9421578c618e07f2b629e7893afedc.png

image.thumb.png.caab18fee1c6c6c3fbff84bf9bb63779.png

Sometimes the pipe direction calculations get borked. Probably some a bit too aggressive optimization. At least I hope so, because pipe calculations were slow few updates ago.

It seems that sometimes a consumer isn't properly marked as one. Next time you see something like this, try making a single bridge "pulling" the water further down the line, through the skimmer input.

Pipe/duct/conveyor flows are all weird and annoying to work with. I found that to be the case in the live build too, but it might be even worse in the preview. So much monkeying around with bridges and valves just to get material to not stop and look both ways before crossing the street at a junction.

Archived