Infinite Gold Generator

Yep. there is a way.

You can not heat crude oil to refine natural gas or steam to feed steam turbine without overheating. However, you can heat raw metals instead and exploit mechanized door glitch. Then you will have enormous heat with the unlimited refined metal of your choice.

Credits to jamesbread.

5 minutes ago, Arash70 said:

Not cool... and not funny posting this sh** publicly on this forum.

Dislike

Well, this forum was filled with nat gas, naphtha exploits during the preview build and oil update. Whats wrong with that hostility? I never thought that the first comment would be the swear.

24 minutes ago, Arash70 said:

This puts a bad image to the public for this awesome game.

Calm down.

Anyone finding bugs, and posting them public, are doing everyone a favor. 

Or do you think Klei has bugs in their game on purpose ? - ofcourse these bugs will be removed, eventually.

@OP, i dont get the video, it's all Chinese? 

42 minutes ago, juni3227 said:

Well, this forum was filled with nat gas, naphtha exploits during the preview build and oil update. Whats wrong with that hostility? I never thought that the first comment would be the swear.

I also don`t understand that hostility from Arash70...

50 minutes ago, Arash70 said:

Not cool... and not funny posting this sh** publicly on this forum.

Dislike

What exactly is your problem? Oo

This game features so many exploits and this is just one of them. Personally, I would say that utilizing the drip cooling bug (alias Borg Cube) is much more impactful than an infinite gold generator. The latter isn`t even that useful and more of a gimmick in my opinion whereas the drip cooling bug significantly impacts the gameplay.

Also, posting bugs and exploit machines on public forums should not be condemned at all! This place is here to generate knowledge and to share it. With other players and the developers. Censoring bugs and exploits is just outright wrong in my opinion.

34 minutes ago, Lacost said:

I also don`t understand that hostility from Arash70...

What exactly is your problem? Oo

This game features so many exploits and this is just one of them. Personally, I would say that utilizing the drip cooling bug (alias Borg Cube) is much more impactful than an infinite gold generator. The latter isn`t even that useful and more of a gimmick in my opinion whereas the drip cooling bug significantly impacts the gameplay.

Also, posting bugs and exploit machines on public forums should not be condemned at all! This place is here to generate knowledge and to share it. With other players and the developers. Censoring bugs and exploits is just outright wrong in my opinion.

This one is a lot different, making gold out of nothing looks as if the game is broken... 

It's probably an overflow

Doing this is like finding bugs on a website, and posting how to use it in the website, it's just not cool :/

14 minutes ago, Arash70 said:

This one is a lot different, making gold out of nothing looks as if the game is broken...

What?! It`s an early access singleplayer game!

Despite it being not finished yet, ONI is not a competitive E-Sport game or something like that. If players don't like building exploity machines they can just decide not to do so. There is no competitive pressure amongst the playerbase that would force you into using exploits.

This is why the game can't be broken by the existence of a few exploits. ONI would only be broken if the game is literally unplayable without exploits and cheats and this is clearly not the case. You can still get great amounts of gold with less machinery and useful temperature (1000°C hot gold is useless for building) without the use of an exploit.

However, the drip cooling bug is a real issue:

On 29.12.2017 at 9:42 PM, Saturnus said:

If you want to know how much the borg cube cools then it's 6000kg of petroleum and 2000kg of iron going from +70C to -40C in 11 seconds on normal slow speed. 

This exploit is so powerful, it renders each and every other method of cooling useless. The whole balance around a core gameplay mechanic (cooling) is redunant because of one bug.

Explain to me how an infinite gold generator that spits out some 1000°C hot gold lets the game look more "broken" than the drip cooling bug?

I have seen this bug before on the forum. Tested it. Nothing to see here move along. 

How the bug works is that you. Melt the door. When you open the door it should vanish. But because you close it fast it resets and get mass back and can melt again. 

Archived