electrolyzer needs to output O2 and H2 seperately

35 minutes ago, LuctenFinger said:

Anyone who had graduated from high school knows that an electrolyzer:confused: can't mixed its outputs or the mixed O2 and H2 will cause explosion !

So why not make a explosion event ?!:p Or just give it 2 pipe output?

Ehh when these two mix nothing happens.... I assume you never graduated ;)

Its when you ignite them that they react.

An easy example is when Zinc is submerged in a beaker Hydrochloric Acid (A first year highschool experiment Where you then proceed to light it using a matchstick since the quantity is so little that it only makes a popping noise), you get Hydrogen, it rises out of the beaker, it does not explode or ignite unless the temperature or energy delivered is sufficient (I.E, A flame, Spark, Intense heat)

In a more serious response though I remember reading somewhere that buildings seem to be limited to the amount of inputs they can have connected and outputs to 1 of each. A Natural gas geyser seems to follow this, it has 1 input, one output and spits the rest on the floor. Same goes with the Oil Refinery, Fertilizer Synthesizer. But I am not sure if it is true or just how it is.

1 hour ago, BlueLance said:

In a more serious response though I remember reading somewhere that buildings seem to be limited to the amount of inputs they can have connected and outputs to 1 of each. A Natural gas geyser seems to follow this, it has 1 input, one output and spits the rest on the floor. Same goes with the Oil Refinery, Fertilizer Synthesizer. But I am not sure if it is true or just how it is.

There is only one building that breaks this rule. The polymer press. It has a liquid pipe input and a gas pipe output. It's literally the exception to the rule.

Maybe have an upgraded version that emits the oxygen into the air while sending the hydrogen out through a vent? Or visa versa with it emitting waste hydrogen while pumping out oxygen into a vent to easily hook up to a ventilation system?

Either set it up higher on the Research tree (so you'd have to research both electrolysers and filters to get it) or maybe have it constructed out of refined metals so you'd have to set up the while metal smelting system first.

8 hours ago, Saturnus said:

There is only one building that breaks this rule. The polymer press. It has a liquid pipe input and a gas pipe output. It's literally the exception to the rule.

thats still 1 in 1 out, the fundementals of the rule is maintained

Filters have 1 inlet and 2 outlets.

Polymer press also releases steam, so if electrolyzer would release oxygen in its surroundings and hydrogen through an outlet that would be analog to what polymer press does.

Explosive mixture of oxygen and hydrogen requires just a tiny spark to ignite.
E.g., IRL, people get seriously injured from explosions around lead batteries.

6 hours ago, Saturnus said:

Well the rule is that a machine can only have gas out if it has gas in, liquid out if it has liquid in. The polymer press is the only exception.

I wasnt aware of that when i made the statement haha, I thought it was just one input one output thats it.

Although I can agree with it having a gas output I think that it is fine as is? I prefer the challenge, if it were to have a gas pipe ut I think it should cost more power to offset the fact you no longer need a filter and/or other interesting designs. 

The game has already taken away a fair amount of creativity, I would rather they dont take away more

45 minutes ago, BlueLance said:

The game has already taken away a fair amount of creativity, I would rather they dont take away more

Same here. ONI is feeling a bit more like a rimworld factorio mix now and that's not a good thing in this case. Since Agricultural Update now in a bad turn, for me.
Tubes and steam engine made me not happy. The hats for some decorative visuals, but nothing else so far..

17 hours ago, BlueLance said:

Ehh when these two mix nothing happens.... I assume you never graduated ;)

Its when you ignite them that they react.

An easy example is when Zinc is submerged in a beaker Hydrochloric Acid (A first year highschool experiment Where you then proceed to light it using a matchstick since the quantity is so little that it only makes a popping noise), you get Hydrogen, it rises out of the beaker, it does not explode or ignite unless the temperature or energy delivered is sufficient (I.E, A flame, Spark, Intense heat)

yes ,  just need a single spark and it will explode, so a room full of H2 and O2 must have a chance to BOOOM !

thats what I say.

anyway, even without safety problem,  why we must mixed the gas which has original separate. this is fool........:confused:

I would be really against two fixed outputs.
Normally the hydrospread from an electrolyzer, up into base is (for me) important early-midgame part.
At that point you don't have automation reasearched, or metal refinery running. Then when you have sensors researched and MR running, you could easy build a 1-tile seperation thing and automate it.

I tend to agree with the OP, but just a hydrogen output pipe will do the job, release the oxygen as is.  That is the behavior of actually systems used on ISS for life-support.  The main argument I see is that the game SHOULD support gas-mixture explosions and the current Electrolizer is untenable under that scenario.  So I see this as part of making the game harder (hydrogen is inherently more dangerous) not easier.

10 hours ago, ImpalerWrG said:

I tend to agree with the OP, but just a hydrogen output pipe will do the job, release the oxygen as is.  That is the behavior of actually systems used on ISS for life-support.  The main argument I see is that the game SHOULD support gas-mixture explosions and the current Electrolizer is untenable under that scenario.  So I see this as part of making the game harder (hydrogen is inherently more dangerous) not easier.

I would rather the opposite, Oxygen is piped, since if hydrogen moved though a pipe then it would take away the drawback  of using it. Since players would no longer have to think about how they will deal with the hydrogen.

Archived